Sprint Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sprint (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Got a call from the district manager to schedule On April 20th and I had the interview on the 21th. The interview for me was easy the interview with the district manager was like I was talking to one of my friends. He asked me to tell him about myself. He asked about my previous retail experience. He told me about his experience. He is opening up a new store close to my house and he told me that he needed people who is a team player and someone who get meet certain goals and I told him that I can meet his expectation and go beyond. My interview was at sprint New York headquarters.

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation   1 Answer
    • How would you attend to an angry   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation yet

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sprint (Torrance, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was at a sprint store within radio shack. I had an interview with 2 managers that worked with sprint, and 1 manager from radio shack. Overall, the interview was smooth and easy process, I think I didn't get the position because I let them know that I will have to be away for 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is more important being a minute late or not making sales quota?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sprint (Lansing, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

It was extremely long for me but fair. I think the automation needs to be addressed as I was promised an email to complete drug testing and background check which took weeks to recieve. Seriously it's an email with standard business partners that Sprint utilizes over and over it shouldn't take any real time to get that out.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed with three store managers and one regional. They didn't ask anything too wacky or off beat and for the most part addressed what they wanted in an associate. It was fair and acceptable by my standards.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Really brief and straight to the point. They ask you very generic questions to see how motivated you are. Questions based on commission and working with your peers, fairly comfortable interview. The most unexpected question was whether i would rathe work with commission or base pay. I chose base pay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NOTHING

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sprint (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

After submitting on Sprint website and filling out an hour-long test and questionnaires, got a call from district GM to come for an interview. Came early, interview started on time - 2 people interviewed me, male and female, they said each "managed about 10 stores". Cons: I was asked if I would be OK to go outside the store and distribute flyers and "stand on the street sign shaking" - when the store is slow. SIGN SHAKING!!! I politely noted that usually companies are hiring separate people to do those things (keeping to myself that a degree or even high school education is not required to perform those duties, not even an ability to speak English) but they didn`t get the point and pressed that the retail sales people should be OK doing those things. Bummer! I really thought sales people usually are inside air conditioned store selling things, not standing on the street in 100 degrees LA heat inhaling car fumes sign shaking! Little did I know... I have lots of sales experience so naturally I asked what are the opportunities for promotion and moving between the stores for best performers, in case my store does not have a higher level position open. The lady enthusiastically explained that "Yes definitely, I can move you from on store to another. If you perform great and your sales are high, and there is a store in a slow location that is struggling with making their quotas - I will move you to that store!" Did she hear herself? That just didn`t make any sense. So if I sell great - I`ll be put to the worst location? No, thank you! The base pay is 12-14/hr "depending on experience" and they made it clear that they start you at $12. The guy said "commissions is where people make the most money". At the beginning, I gave them my resume and they both started reading it saying "Tell us something about yourself". I was waiting politely for them to finish reading (I guess they have never seen my resume before??), and was told to start talking WHILE they read. I said "well, I thought I`ll give you a moment to read first" and was told "go on, we can read it and you can talk at the same time". At that point I wanted to leave. I mean, that`s disrespectful - to do or read anything while the applicant is talking, and especially disrespectful to show that they both did not even prepare for the interview by taking one minuted to scan through my resume. The back office was filthy dirty and the arm chairs had huge numerous holes in them, they looked like they were taken from a homeless person. I had to sit on one of those PROS: I didn`t see any. Being put in the slowest location because I am great in sales and stand on the street sign shaking is really not an appealing job. I wasn`t hiding my reaction during the interview LOL was such a waste of my time!

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Sprint (Overland Park, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people at different times and was given a professional atmosphere where I was made to feel comfortable and able to answer questions and discuss the job as though I was already part of the team.

Interview Questions

• What is something that bothers/upsets you and how do you handle yourself through it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a salary that I asked for including Short Term Incentive.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sprint in April 2015.

Interview

There is three interviews. The first one is easy and not very traditional. The second is a little more intense but overall fair with no surprises. The last one is pretty much the second one but with a different manager.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions Why do you want to work here? Why should we hire you? Describe a time where you had to confront a coworker.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sprint in April 2015.

Interview

In all 3 people took the telephonic interview. Interview started with Technical question from the 2 people who were going to be my mentors during the internship. Then the 3rd person was asking some HR questions in between. In all the experience was OKAY. Interview went unto 45 minutes. Overall they will not grind you if you don't know something.

IP and Transport Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sprint (Overland Park, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

3 people interviewed me over a bridge call..The Hiring process was simple and easy. More technical questions and less behavioural. More towards overview of technical stuff. Well behaved interviewers. Behavioural question like how do you think , you have good communication skils.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a conflict with your boss?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sprint (Worcester, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online after that I did an assessment test and the next day received a phone call for a phone interview for the coming day. They didn't call so I called back to figure out whats going on,and rescheduled the next day. they didn't called again so I after a while I called to remind them that interview. The phone call interview was more about getting to know you and my qualification. At the end of the conversation said will call Monday with a answer,which didn't happen so I called over and didn't pick up, I send a text with a request of follow up. letter they asked to come the next day for a face to face interview. Basic question got over the my resume and explain the job and it was suppose to do a training for 2 weeks in another city and explain the hourly wages and no commission for the part time position but you have to sale an amount of cellphone every month. At the end he said that will let me know at the end of the day which normal didn't happened. I got to call back them but didn't pick up the phone and when I check my status on sprint website it said candidate withdraw.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel yourself selling cellphones and sprint contract ? Tell me more about your customer care experience?   Answer Question