Sprint

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.6

Solutions Engineer Interview

Multiple hiring managers will interview you. WAN and networking protocols will be investigated. Managers may ask you to interview with current employees to evaluate your technical abilities to meet the job requirements and gauge how you might fit within the companies culture.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you dealt with a difficult customer in the past and what steps you took to resolve.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sprint.

I was promoted from within however the process is still the same if external. Once you apply to the posting you will get a call from the Store Manager (email if you are internal). They will speak with you about a time to come in an complete a F2F interview. Once you get there, you will have the District Manager there and also another Assistant Manager if applicable. They will talk to you about the normal things (why you want to work for Sprint, why do you want this position, strengths, weaknesses, information about the company, and experience). What is REALLY important if you are going in for a management position is to have available a 30-60-90. What this means is they will want to know your plans to improve the location on a 30 day, 60 day, and 90 day basis. You will need to essentially create a presentation on PowerPoint or in type up your plans to improve the store, the employee relations, and assert yourself as the "new sheriff in town." Sprint right now is all about business penetration so if you want to impress the management, find local business in the vicinity of the store you want to work at and find out if they have offer discounts off their service through Sprint. In addition, Sprint is all about coaching employees and training them on the right path. This means that they want you to watch them like a hawk. I don't agree with this per se but that is what they want so you have to show them you are a fearless and determined leader. After that interview, they may ask you to come back for another interview with just the store manager. If not, they will call you and inform you of their decision. The store manager makes the decision, the DM is just there to watch for the things and listen for phrases that the manager may have missed. It does not take long at all to make a decision. I interviewed on Friday and got a call from the manager the Sunday afternoon. Just be confident but be about the business of selling phones.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked was not difficult. They wanted to know if I was to get the position, how I would handle the additional responsibilities of overseeing 20+ employees, handing irate customers, and still doing all the back office work.   View Answer
    You can negotiate however a little for management positions but I wouldn't recommend it. If you push your store hard enough, you will make what you need and more in commission. The base pay is not what you should be focusing on. I didn't negotiate because I already knew what the highest salary for ASM's was and I was granted that.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sprint.

just fill seats- was HR way to look at it- no consistency in offer letters- you should really negotiate the pay especially if you are not getting a fair offer-

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time when you disagreed with your manager - decision that affected the business in a negative manner   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint in October 2012.

Standard interview and drug test. The interview itself was more like a conversation and we just kinda sat there and shot the breeze. He asked about my technical experience which lead to a conversation about Soft Bank. He pretty much told me he was going to give me the job

No negotiations. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Layton, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Layton, UT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sprint in August 2011.

one interview and little communication after that even after getting an offer. apparently they were waiting for HR to approve me before they would tell me that i got the job

none

Sprint Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sprint in February 2013.

It took around 5weeks from start to finish. Phone interview and then one on one interview. No hard questions. He did ask me to sell a pencil to him also asked how you would. Handle an upset customer. Nothing to hard for veteran sales people

Pay

Retail Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sprint in November 2013.

I applied online and was called a few days later. I've interviewed here before and got to the panel interview and was ultimately turned down. This time, I interviewed at the store with the store manager and assistant manager. The interview consisted of behavioral and questions about prior work experience. Very easy and simple stuff. I just kept an upbeat attitude and elaborated on every answer. When I got to the question about my availability, she learned that it would conflict because there were other college students that worked there, and they already have certain days off. But we continued to talk, and I could tell if it wasn't for my class schedule, I would have gotten hired. A week later, I get a call from them and they said that they can work with me, and need me ASAP, and that I would be able to skip the panel interview. They emailed me my drug test and background review consent, and also asked for three letters of recommendation. I was in training the very next week.

Interview Questions
    I did very well in my interview. I found out from my assistant manager that the store manager pushed for an increase in my initial offer (hourly pay). Everyone is on the same commission scale.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Sprint in July 2014.

The interview went well. I'm looking forward to hearing back from them. Thanks for the info! I met with a manger and he was very helpful. I'm excited about this opportunity. I can honestly say that I will probably get the job!

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would deal with an irritated customer.   View Answer

Sprint Sales Representative Interview

Really quick and to the point. Not very extensive. They were hiring in the masses so it was really easy to interview. Had a phone interview and then one with the manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sprint in July 2014.

I have been in the tech industry for several years and I understand the importance of market trends and customer service. I am a military veteran with extensive life experience. Never in my life have I felt so insulted and confused as to why someone asks me for my opinion then responds with "if that's what you think then you just aren't human."

Be careful interviewing here because I have no idea what they want, they showed me no desire for any particular personality type. I am a outgoing, outspoken and friendly person with loyal traits. I understand an interview needs to be performed in certain ways but this felt as if it was a nightmare. One of the managers was very personable and likable. The other just came off negative, rude and too opinionated and lacked the traits of professionalism I would expect for a 'people' job.

I am very upset and distraught over this, maybe I should just pursue my career in law enforcement where I expect to be talked to any way possible. I am not a sensitive person but when I observe all of these qualities I am quite concerned with who the company has already chosen to hire before me.

I have not been extended an offer yet and if I do get offered I will be mind blown.

Interview Questions
    • Are you lying to me? How will police training help you with dealing with customers?   Answer Question