Sprint

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Average Difficulty
413 candidate interviews

Olympia, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview. I told me I was the most likely candidate. I was offered the job unofficially over the phone, but didn't receive anything in writing until two weeks later. I started a week and a half after that.

Interview Question – Pretend I'm a customer and I want to buy your phone. Sell me your phone.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – What showed up on paper was not what I was told... much like their contracts.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Greensboro, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Sprint in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on a Thursday and I received a call the following Thursday for an in person interview with the store manager. That next Monday was that interview with the store manager. That same week on Thursday, I received a second call from the store manager for an interview with his district manager and himself. They said they both made their decision and it was all smiles. Very friendly district manager. I got a call two hours later from the store manager to make sure I complete the background check approval through a link that he sent me through email. I submitted the info needed for the background check the same hour he called and now its Sunday and I'm just waiting for a call back from them now.

Interview Question – Store manager asked simple interview questions. District manager asked a little tougher questions but not super crazy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They said there is a new base pay (since I asked) that will definitely above $10 per hour. Most of your income will be from commission though.

Interviewed at Sprint

Interview Details – In depth. Went back through history of sales and customer support experience. Very open and easy going first interview. Second interview seemed just like a formality. Was offered the job on the spot. Transferring information over and filling out paperwork was a cinch. no issues.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Technical Support Specialist
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sprint in September 2012.

Interview Details – I felt that it was relaxing. The person that interviewed me was very relaxed and it made me feel relaxed. While he still asked all the important questions about my experience and my expectations, he was also establishing a relationship, which is important in the role I was interviewing for.

Negotiation Details – I was offered a position as an advanced technical support specialist, but I interviewed for a technical support specialist. There was not much of a negotiation when they offered me more than I originally expected.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sprint in August 2012.

Interview Details – A phone interview, followed by an interview with an Assistant Store Manager. Once completed, the third stage was a group interview conducted by 8 Store Managers. Once completed, I was contacted by 2 Store Managers to check my availability. The first Store Manager got priority in hiring me for a Staff position. I completed 6 weeks on interactive training at the store where I began as a Retail Sales Consultant.

Interview Question – Given that my career had been ouside of Mobile Communications, why was I now seeking a position with Sprint.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 20,000 plus commission

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – Candidates are selected based on experience and knowledge. Questions in the interview are behavioral based and need to be answered in the SAR format (situation, action, result). The hiring process can be lengthy due to all the applicants.

Interview Question – I do not remember the interview questions I was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate the offer.

Project/Program Manager II Interview

Project/Program Manager II
Overland Park, KS

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sprint in May 2014.

Interview Details – One face to face interview with the hiring manager and supervisor. I already worked at the company so it was very quick to set up and informal in dress. They explained about the position, asked some questions on the Sprint imperatives answered in a S-A-R context. Then more of a conversation and Q and A.

Interview Question – What would your co-workers or boss say you need to improve upon?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Retail Store Manager Interview

Retail Store Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sprint in January 2011.

Interview Details – District manager interview and then second interview with Area manager. Both could be done in person or over the phone. Mostly a conversation about who you are. No real questions about knowledge.

Interview Question – None. Easy interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They stay pretty close to the offer. If you show experience they may budge slightly.

Sprint Customer Service Interview

Sprint Customer Service

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – at the time was pretty laid back this was 12 yrs ago

Interview Question – market has changed maybe harder   Answer Question

Retail Store Manager Interview

Retail Store Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – The first interview was a thirty minute conversation with the district manager over the phone. This was mostly a review of experience and background. There were two in-person interviews, the first was conducted by local store managers. This interview was approximately forty five minutes long. The final interview was conducted by district managers.

Interview Question – What differentiates a leader from a manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was told that the salary offer was the final offer.