Sprint Lead Retail Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.5

Lead Retail Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sprint.

Interview

My process was long but in the end I got the job so it was worth it. I applied 7/23. Recieved a call from store manager 7/24. Conducted a phone interview and was notified immediately that I would be moving on to the next step. Two weeks pasted finally was scheduled for an interview. It was a panel interview. Questions weren't too hard but they seem to take it pretty seriously. About a week later, I was invited to the store for a walk through, which signaled to me tha I had the job. Two weeks pasted again and no word. Finally a manager called me from one of the SWAS locations. Conducted a face to face interview within 3 days. That was on 8/23. Took a drug test that Friday. On 8/28 got an offer. The manager from the first store was going to hire me but took a month. So I took the offer from the second store which was good because I will be in charge of my own store.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take if your store was not accomplishing its goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took the first offer. I probably should've negotiated but I'll make it up with commission.

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Lead Retail Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprint.

Interview

The hiring process from a regular rep to the lead position is very easy. They ask you questions about how you would help the team increase sales and what you would champion and bring to the team. It is mostly a formality because they often pick whoever the DM would like be there than who actually has the better skills and sales numbers but it has been done.

Interview Questions

• Why should we chose you over the other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is always room to negotiate here even if they say there is not typical ranges are 12.80-15.00 an hour depending on the traffic in the store and you negotiating skills.

Lead Retail Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint in February 2014.

Interview

I was contacted the day after I applied and went in for a interview with the store manager. I was asked a few questions that would expect but the overall interview lasted an hour and was a cake walk. He then called another store manager with me in the room and set up my second interview the next day. The second interview only lasted 30 mins and was a bit more difficult. I was called by the first store manager a couple days later to setup the final interview with the district manager. The whole process took 2 weeks from beginning to end.

Interview Questions

• Your resume shows you had excellent numbers and awards with your previous employer, do you have any proof?   1 Answer

Lead Retail Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprint.

Interview

Be sure to have a business plan for small business growth ready for discussion, know where your sales numbers are and where they should/need to be. Be open to change and willingness to help lead you fellow team members.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to run you own store today what would be the first thing you would do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sprint (San Leandro, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The first interview is with the manager then the DM. All the manager did was talk to about himself the whole time and the DM just sits downs and talk to you for about 2 min and it's over.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Atlanta, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

Put in an application online. Received a call back in about a week or so. I had an interview scheduled and I was interviewed by a store manager and assistant manager. Got a call about a week later saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to sell them a microwave very abruptly. It caught me off guard. Be prepared in the interview for them to ask you to sell them an object in the room or a phone. The best way to sell is to ask questions. Don't fall into the trap of talking to me. "What are you looking for in a mircowave?" etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprint (Roanoke, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

The initial communication was a phone call by the store manager. He scheduled an interview with me and when I went into the interview I was invited into a filthy office that was in disarray. He seemed like he did not want to be there to do the interviews or just was not trained properly to perform interviews.

Interview Questions

• The question he asked is what experience I have with cellphones. Why I left my prior employment. What can I do to perform well at this job. Will I be willing to take on a commission based environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate at all. It was a set hourly with no flexibility.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprint (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied online, got call a week later for interview. Called a few hours after interview for job offer. Nice people, smooth process.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Richmond, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

Be prepared to wait. The store managers are directly responsible for hiring and have continued store duties.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for a good amount hourly and got what I asked for. The Manager has to request it from HR who can make a counter offer. They typically don't tell you what an average rep makes so do your research.

Anonymous Employee in Bayamon, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Bayamon, PR) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was very easy going. A lot of question about previous experience. My abilities. Reason to apply with the company. An design a action plan for sales

Interview Questions

• The action plan was the most challenging thung because I have no idea how their product and managerial team face challenge base on company policies   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was straight " we want you to work with us"