Sprint Lead Retail Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2014

2.6

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Lead Retail Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sprint in February 2014.

I was contacted the day after I applied and went in for a interview with the store manager. I was asked a few questions that would expect but the overall interview lasted an hour and was a cake walk. He then called another store manager with me in the room and set up my second interview the next day. The second interview only lasted 30 mins and was a bit more difficult. I was called by the first store manager a couple days later to setup the final interview with the district manager. The whole process took 2 weeks from beginning to end.

Interview Questions
  • Your resume shows you had excellent numbers and awards with your previous employer, do you have any proof?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Lead Retail Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sprint in May 2010.

After initial test, there are two phone interview and two in person interviews. Expect a drug test as this is a drug free workplace. Overall not an uncommon process. Retail reps and leads are very similar.

No negotiation possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roanoke, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sprint in February 2012.

The initial communication was a phone call by the store manager. He scheduled an interview with me and when I went into the interview I was invited into a filthy office that was in disarray. He seemed like he did not want to be there to do the interviews or just was not trained properly to perform interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The question he asked is what experience I have with cellphones. Why I left my prior employment. What can I do to perform well at this job. Will I be willing to take on a commission based environment.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate at all. It was a set hourly with no flexibility.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sprint in July 2012.

Put in an application online. Received a call back in about a week or so. I had an interview scheduled and I was interviewed by a store manager and assistant manager. Got a call about a week later saying I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to sell them a microwave very abruptly. It caught me off guard. Be prepared in the interview for them to ask you to sell them an object in the room or a phone. The best way to sell is to ask questions. Don't fall into the trap of talking to me. "What are you looking for in a mircowave?" etc.   Answer Question

Lead Retail Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sprint.

The hiring process from a regular rep to the lead position is very easy. They ask you questions about how you would help the team increase sales and what you would champion and bring to the team. It is mostly a formality because they often pick whoever the DM would like be there than who actually has the better skills and sales numbers but it has been done.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we chose you over the other candidates?   View Answer
    There is always room to negotiate here even if they say there is not typical ranges are 12.80-15.00 an hour depending on the traffic in the store and you negotiating skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sprint in June 2011.

Be prepared to wait. The store managers are directly responsible for hiring and have continued store duties.

Interview Questions
    I asked for a good amount hourly and got what I asked for. The Manager has to request it from HR who can make a counter offer. They typically don't tell you what an average rep makes so do your research.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bayamon, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayamon, PR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sprint in March 2011.

The interview was very easy going. A lot of question about previous experience. My abilities. Reason to apply with the company. An design a action plan for sales

Interview Questions
    • The action plan was the most challenging thung because I have no idea how their product and managerial team face challenge base on company policies   View Answer
    The offer was straight " we want you to work with us"

Lead Retail Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sprint.

Be sure to have a business plan for small business growth ready for discussion, know where your sales numbers are and where they should/need to be. Be open to change and willingness to help lead you fellow team members.

Interview Questions
    • If you were asked to run you own store today what would be the first thing you would do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sprint in May 2009.

The process is very simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sprint in November 2011.

Applied online, got call a week later for interview. Called a few hours after interview for job offer. Nice people, smooth process.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!