Sprint Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2015

3.2

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sprint.

Interview

This goes back many years. They still advertised the job in the paper. My background was a match for the position. I applied and heard back quickly. I intreviewed with the hiring manager twice and then got the offer. This approach might vary somewhat depending on the department.

Interview Questions

• I really do not recall, it was to long ago. The company uses behaviorial interviewing questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I picked up enough of a raise that I was easy.

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sprint (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

Behavioral interview questions - be prepared with multiple examples. Some room for salary negotation for specific job functions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not get along well with a direct supervisor or manager and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time I accepted the offer, I did not negotiate. I have since negotiated within promotion offers, experience helped with that.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sprint in May 2012.

Interview

Over the phone interview, asked questions related to my experience, why do I feel I was an asset for this role. Then one on one interview, Behavioral questions and technical questions, then I was asked to draw a network diagram/sample, this was to justify my experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you manage conflict with a customer?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sprint in March 2011.

Interview

- It starts with the Manager getting budget approval to hire contractors and/or FTEs. - HR will post jobs on websites and fwd applications to hiring manager. - Manager selects people to interview - Manager may also bring in people he knows personally to interview - Manager screens candidates by phone. If acceptable, they are brought in for interview - interviews done in person during half a day - 2 to 4 team members will also interview candidate, 30 minutes each - team members will usually ask the tough questions to make sure candidate is technically knowledgeable - after candidate is gone, team members discuss impressions - if candidate is chosen, HR is notified and starts hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone you are expecting work from is not answering your emails?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Manager gets a narrow salary range from HR and makes offer to candidate. Candidate can ask for more. Manager will take that back into consideration.