Sprint

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – The hiring process for this company is fairly easy if your good in interviews it was generic questions that all retail sales jobs ask I was offered a position on the spot

Interview Question – none really very generic questions most challenging sale etc   Answer Question

Retail Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – - Where do you see yourself in 5 years
- What do you bring to the table
- Are you a superstar or team player

Interview Question – How long do you see yourself with the company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Here's what we give you.

Very Easy Interview

Retail Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sprint in September 2011.

Interview Details – Very easy going and not intimidating at all

Interview Question – every question was easy   View Answer

Negotiation Details – good offer

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Sprint in September 2009.

Interview Details – You have to take an assessment, and you pass that, you are asked to come in for an interview with standard interview questions. If you prepare, it shouldn't be very difficult.

Interview Question – The questions are very standard.   Answer Question

Union, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sprint in February 2012.

Interview Details – I finished the very long application which consisted of many work scenarios. A couple of weeks later I was emailed by the asm to schedule an interview. He told me I would be meeting with the manager. During the interview, he was very rigid and unpersonable. He showed no emotion and no interest, as if he took one look at me and decided right then and there. He asked a few of the usual questions like why should we hire you and what's your greatest accomplishment. As I talked he didn't even look at me. He was on the computer and jotted a couple of notes now and again. I thought I answered all the questions in the best way. The interview was very short. I felt he didn't even give me the time of day. I thought it would be a shoe in because I have more than sufficient experience with sprint products. I was offended by his lack of interest and felt disrespected.. It was very unprofessional.

Retail Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sprint in June 2009.

Interview Details – I initially applied online to the website. I was then sent a link to fill out a 140+ personality questionnaire. A week later I received a phone call from the Store Manager and we set up a face-to-face interview. I went the interview and we sat down and spoke mostly about my resume and my experiences in the industry and what I hoped to get out of the job. I then met with a second manager and pretty much the questions were the same. I felt as if they wanted to learn about me as a person and whether I'd be a good fit in the store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The Manager asked me how much I'd be comfortable making per month. I couldn't think of anything specific so I just tossed out $12/hr, since that is how much I saw posted on this site. He told me that was a good amount and about how much they paid for the position I was applying for. (Thanks Glassdoor!)

Very Easy Interview

Retail Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sprint in August 2011.

Interview Details – called me directly, went to a panel interview and was offered the job a few days later

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no negotiations allowed

Retail Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sprint in June 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out the application and submitted a resume on the website. Then they have you take an online personality/scenario test. I was contacted 2 weeks later to schedule an interview with the store manager. The interview was laid back, I was asked about my previous work experience and most of the time we spent talking about what it was like working there and different things regarding company and where it was heading. The interview went very well. I had a 2nd interview with a store manager from a different store than the one I was applying for. That was a little more formal, the typical interview questions and asking mostly about sales experience.

Retail Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sprint in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a phone call 2 weeks later asking to come in for an interview. I received the phone call on a Wednesday and set up the interview for the following Monday. I interviewed with the Assistant Manager and his Lead Consultant. They each went back and forth and asked me questions, they asked about 3 or 4 questions each. Questions were basic and easy, interview was only 15 minutes. The Assistant Manager said he would call me to set up an interview with the Manager. He called the next day and set up the interview for 2 days later. I had the interview with the Manager, he was very nice, asked me a couple questions but, mostly talked about working for Sprint and whatnot. He said they were a number of people interviewing for the position so I figured I wouldn't get it. He said he'd make a decision within a few days. Got a call on the following Tuesday and received the job offer and was instructed to take a drug test. Got a call yesterday and was given my pay rate and the Manager said he was going to submit the information to HR and I start next week. I am a little bummed the hourly wage isn't as much as I had thought but, I only have a year retail experience and it is commission too so the opportunity for making money is there and I know I'll make more there than at any other retail company, especially with me experience.

Interview Questions

• We have a number of people interested in this position, why should we choose you, why are you the best candidate for the Retail Consultant position?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you were dealing with a difficult customer whom expected something which you could not do and would not take "no" for an answer, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
  • What are some qualities that you have that would make you are great fit for this position and a good addition to the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Try to negotiate,. I was too afraid to say anything, I didn't want the Manager to get mad or insulted...I didn't want to look bad :\ He asked if my pay rate was okay and I just said yes right away..... :( But its more than I made at my previous job and I get commission too.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sprint

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sprint Retail Consultant interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sprint employees and interview candidates.