Sprint Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.5

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sprint.

Interview

Applied online through Monster, got a call a week later. One interview with store manager, lasted 30 minutes, offered job the same day. Just smile and talk about how much you love sales while not being an idiot and they'll love you. Mentioned how I love working with people (which I did at the time) and how customer service is a priority to me, but not to the extent it will interfere with my sales. Mention how motivated you are to make money as well, because that is all they care about in the long run.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult people (because you will deal with a lot of them)?
    Sell me your current phone.
    Why sales?
    Why sprint?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sprint (Richmond, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Shortly after applying for the position I was given a phone call to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled the interview for the next day and the interview lasted about half an hour. All the questions were very general and mostly consisted of questions about the job interest and about myself.

Half of the time spent on the phone was being told about the position, perks, benefits, and training.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint (Dunwoody, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Went in for an interview with the assistant manager. Got a call back the next day from the manager for a second interview. Said I would be in touch by a district manager for a third interview. Looked online and it says I wasn't selected for the position, which I don't understand why because I am highly qualified.

Anonymous Employee in Chillicothe, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint (Chillicothe, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on their website and maybe about a week later, the store manager contacted me for an interview. Went in and the interview seemed for like a chat than an interview. The store manager was very nice and she asked questions to get to know you, not so much from the book. As I was leaving, she told me that she would set up a second interview, but that never happened. She also told me to email her if I had any questions, and she never replied back. I waited for a call, but it never came. I had to find out I was not qualified for the job online when I read the "Not Selected". I just feel that if I was not a good candidate, she shouldn't have had told me that she was scheduling a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions like "tell me about your work experience"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint (Houston, TX).

Interview

There were 2 different interviews, one with the store manager and final one with the district manager and another store manager. To finalize the hire they drug test. Training is 2 weeks long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sprint (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Got a call from the district manager to schedule On April 20th and I had the interview on the 21th. The interview for me was easy the interview with the district manager was like I was talking to one of my friends. He asked me to tell him about myself. He asked about my previous retail experience. He told me about his experience. He is opening up a new store close to my house and he told me that he needed people who is a team player and someone who get meet certain goals and I told him that I can meet his expectation and go beyond. My interview was at sprint New York headquarters.

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation   1 Answer
    • How would you attend to an angry   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation yet

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sprint (Torrance, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was at a sprint store within radio shack. I had an interview with 2 managers that worked with sprint, and 1 manager from radio shack. Overall, the interview was smooth and easy process, I think I didn't get the position because I let them know that I will have to be away for 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is more important being a minute late or not making sales quota?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sprint in March 2015.

Interview

The interview took 2 days only. I saw their ad on Craigslist at one of their openings at our local so I applied. I submitted my resume and at the same day I got a phone call from one of the hiring managers. It was basic qualification questions and then she scheduled me for a full video interview the very next day. I did the video interview and everything went perfect. The video interview took 40minute, it was supposed to be 15 to 20 minutes but the hiring manager was very interested in me that we talked about a lot of stuff. Lol. The video interview was just also basic questions mainly about certain scenerios that you might encouter working as a frontline sprint employee. So if you are preparing for an interview and very serious about it, take note of some examples on when you will use your skills to take action when you face with a customer. And YES I did got the job and I am starting as soon as Monday. The process will go smoothly depending on how much you prepare for your interview. You could also use your sales pitch skills and sell the hiring manager through the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should Sprint hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

THE PAY IS VERY COMPETITIVE. YOU JUST NEED TO ASK YOURSELF IF YOU CAN REALLY BE A FRONTLINE OF A MOBILE COMPANY THAT HAS THE LOWEST RATING PERFORMANCE BASED ON CONSUMER REVIEWS.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sprint (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview with the store manager. During the interview another sale associate was present too. They weren't hiring at the location I applied and was interviewing for another location that was a part time job, which was kind of odd. I had to reapply online for that position and was told to expect a call back. There was no call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a good 2 interviews. 1st w/ store manager @ location I applied to. 2nd w/ 3 managers from 3 different locations. Pretty easy. Emphasize on sales!! & Be enjoyable.

Was offered a host position instead, & Told me they really liked me and thought I needed to experience their way of selling first so was offered the host position in which I can move up to a retail sales consultant after being there for some time. Now just waiting to hear from HR manager and start the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• If you had to sell 38 phones in one month as a sales goal, how would you handle meeting that goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Haven't heard from HR manager yet, only store manager who said they wanted to offer me the position. So no negotiation or anything yet.