Sprint Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint in March 2015.

I applied to the Retail Consultant position on March 12th 2015 and received a call for an Face-to-Face Interview on March 20th 2015. My Interview was scheduled for the next day on March 21st 2015 at 2:PM. The Interview lasted 15-20 minutes, I was interviewed by a Senior Consultant and store manager and shortly after wrapping up Interview questions the Store Manager placed me on the sales floor with the senior consultant and about 20 minutes then I was called back to talk with the Store Manager and he said he would call me on Monday but as of March 22nd 2015 my Job Submission Status was moved to "Not Selected" So I probably will not be getting a call back on Monday and If I do I would be shocked it would be the first that they actually do what they say.

Interview Questions
  • What Motivates You?, Why Sprint Why Now? What is your excuse for failure?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint in February 2015.

It was a good 2 interviews. 1st w/ store manager @ location I applied to. 2nd w/ 3 managers from 3 different locations. Pretty easy. Emphasize on sales!! & Be enjoyable.

Was offered a host position instead, & Told me they really liked me and thought I needed to experience their way of selling first so was offered the host position in which I can move up to a retail sales consultant after being there for some time. Now just waiting to hear from HR manager and start the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to sell 38 phones in one month as a sales goal, how would you handle meeting that goal?   Answer Question
    Haven't heard from HR manager yet, only store manager who said they wanted to offer me the position. So no negotiation or anything yet.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sprint.

Had an initial interview with my potential store manager, who asked standard interview questions. Got a second interview with another store manager about a week later, who asked similar questions. The questions were all geared towards my sales history. Was contacted 5 days later with a job offer.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Uplifting. I answered an online questionnaire and then got a phone call from the store manager. I met with her in person and it went well.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were overwhelmed with customers and by yourself.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint.

Long. Be prepared to compete with other sales associates as I'm noticing a carousel of employees coming and going from other providers. Also, you will be required to meet with at least one store manager and then the DM. Don't be intimidated.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sprint in January 2015.

I applied to Sprint on January 14, 2015, got a call from the store manager on January 15th to come in for an interview the following day. Went to the interview and of course showed up early so I could have some time to observe because of course they make you wait. The manager came out and told me I will be interviewing with the assistant manager first then I would interview with him.

The interview with the assistant manager lasted about 20 minutes went really well and was impressed at how well I was able to sell him on a particular phone and point out features and benefits. Once that interview was over I had my interview with the store manager who was highly interested in hiring me. We talked about a timeline for the hiring process which he said would take about 10 days and he wanted me to start at the first of February and was going to do everything to make that happen as long as we were on the same page. He also let me know that I would have two more interviews to go through, one with another store manager and then another with the district manager.

The same day he sent me a text to let me know my interview with other store manager was set up for the next day (January 17, 2015). I had a phone interview with him at 2pm which went very well. On Monday January 19, 2015 the store manager where I would be working called me to let me know I had an interview with the district manager the next day. My interview with the district manager went very well and was about 30 minutes and he liked the fact that I was determined to be the best. After my interview with the DM I got a call from the SM (store manager) about giving a business referral.

My referral was contacted on Thursday (1/22/15). Right after that I was sent the info for the drug test and background check. I took care of both of them the same day. On January 26, 2015, I was extended an offer and accepted my offer! So exactly 10 days after my interview and the timeline we had spoke about was very precise. Start day is February 1, 2015.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sprint in January 2015.

Did an assessment online then received a phone call from a manager. She asked a few general questions and scheduled an interview for the next day. I met with the asm and manager. At the end of the interview they let me know my chances of being hired were high and about a week later I got the call that I was hired

Interview Questions
    • If you were helping a customer who only wanted to transfer contacts and a person walks in wanting to set up 7 new lines what would you do?   Answer Question
    Haven't gotten my pay rate yet.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I met the assistant manager, the manager twice, and the staff several pre interview times as a whole the manager ran the store well. The assistant provides a fantastic customer service experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Sprint in December 2014.

Great culture, staff & managers. Great interview process. To the point, & efficient. The store was very neat and organized, and everyone was professional, even though they were very understaffed.

Interview Questions
    • The typical... how do you deal with disgruntled customers.   View Answer
    Haven't gotten that far yet... still waiting for my drug screen results.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Junction City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Junction City, KS

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sprint in December 2014.

Applied December 9th. Called to inquire about my application a little over a week later. Spoke with the Assist. Manager and she set me up with a phone interview a few days later with the Lead Sales Consultant. After the phone interview, I was told the Assist. Manager was out until the middle of the following week. I called December 23rd, got a 1:1 interview with the Assist. Manager the next day and was told that I would hear something about a 2nd interview within a week. I called back again December 31st to check the status of the 2nd interview. I didn't even get that far on the phone to ask before the Assist. Manager told me she was very impressed with me and offered me the job right then and there. She apologized for the long process, but it is the holiday season so everything moves a little slower. Overall very wonderful experience. The store is small, but it's in a small town so that's expected. It was very clean and well organized; it looked understaffed, but I believe several people just got hired, including myself, so I'm guessing that will change things in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, all standardized questions by Sprint pertaining to sales/customer experiences.   Answer Question
    No negotiation