Sprint Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.5

83 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sprint in July 2011.

Online application, triple-interview system. One interview with store manager and assistant manager. A second interview with you actually working on the floor itself assisting customers as a practical interview. A third interview with three store managers from the area as a panel interview.

The overall company culture is currently in a state of flux with acquisitions and such, but the retail culture is heavily focused on sales. All employees were nice and helpful during interviews and with practical interview as well since the knowledge level of a new hire/interviewee is expected to be lower.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle an irate customer coming in for a billing issue?   Answer Question
I did not negotiate as it was my first job out of high school and I did not have any experience yet.

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sprint.

There were a few phases for me. Just say your goal is to sell a lot of accessories and that's all it will take.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sprint in June 2012.

I applied online, they called me within a week or so to come in based on my resume. I went through two interviews before they decided whether to hire me or not. They were fairly quick in getting back to me about everything. They look for someone who is willing to be taught new ways to sell and not be stuck in their own ways if ecperienced already in sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sprint in February 2014.

2 interviews

Other offer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sprint.

2 interview process. During the interview answer the questions honestly and show your ability to wow the customer. Also prove the ability to generate sales. The most important part of the interview process is to be 100% yourself. Do not act or answer questions in ways that you think will make you look good. Experience is not a necessary just a strong willing to learn and put what you learn into play.

Interview Questions
    • If your like me and have a few more jobs in your history than normal than the hardest question is "why".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carson City, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson City, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sprint in July 2012.

The hiring process was a big pain in the neck; no calls were returned as promised, but when I called to check up on the process, the manager was surprised that it had taken so long for me to call back even though he'd promised a call from the store. The interview was a nightmare; at multiple points during the interview, I felt like getting up and thanking the district manager for the colossal waste of time. It was offensive, unclear, and frustrating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sprint.

Interviewed twice but did not hear back the first time. The second time was based on a referral and dropped of a resume in person. The manager was very pleasant and was looking more for personality than anything. I did not have much sales experience but I was hired based on my work ethic and positive attitude. Other managers rely on aggressive sales personalities so try to cover both and play off their lead. They requested I apply formally online. You get asked about 40 questions that give you a lot of hypothetical scenarios. I received a call setting up an interview with the District Manager.

In Sprint culture hiring/firing decisions run through a DM as well as promotions and transfers. They ask you questions like what is appropriated dress for business and what to do if you see an employee take money. It is real commons sense trying to gauge your honesty and work ethic, they want to make sure you won't dye your hair blue all of a sudden or leave the store for personal reasons. You are asked to do a background screening when they deem you a quality candidate. After that you go to a 2 week training at the headquarters then about 2 weeks of in store shadowing. The first month of commission is guaranteed and use this time to learn the POS system and shadow the best reps.

Interview Questions
    • If you are short $5.00 on your register at the end of the night do you alert the manager or put it in. They ask a lot of moral dilemma questions and it's best to follow the honesty is the best policy principle.   Answer Question
    I came in during a bad time where they had a pay increase freeze implemented. After a few years I inquired about a raise. There is an option where they might take an average of all the employees in the district with the same title and length of tenure and give you a raise. Please negotiate aggressively at the beginning because in my time there raises are hard to come by.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sprint.

I filled out a application online. They have a big questionnaire that you have to pass before they call you. I got a call in about a week. Basic in person interview. Went into an office with two managers from two different stores. They just asked how I felt about customer service, technology, and sales.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an extremely upset customer who is screaming and yelling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Victorville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sprint in August 2011.

First you have to apply online and get through the online questionnaire. If you don't pass the only questionnaire the manager will not even get the application to review. I had two interviews at my store, but this does vary depending on the store. Fairly standard interview questions.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sprint.

Very casual took a while for the background check/drug test results

I was told I was starting at the highest rate of pay available based on my past work experience.