Sprint

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.6

93 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Interview process is very informal with very little guided questions. Be ready to give your best first impression to get the job. If the manager does not like your personality, you will not get the job no matter how qualified you are.

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint.

There were a few phases for me. Just say your goal is to sell a lot of accessories and that's all it will take.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sprint in April 2014.

Applied online received call for interview the next day. Interviewd with store manager and then phone call with district manager. The following day. Job offer was made pending background check and drug testing.

None

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint.

2 interview process. During the interview answer the questions honestly and show your ability to wow the customer. Also prove the ability to generate sales. The most important part of the interview process is to be 100% yourself. Do not act or answer questions in ways that you think will make you look good. Experience is not a necessary just a strong willing to learn and put what you learn into play.

Interview Questions
    • If your like me and have a few more jobs in your history than normal than the hardest question is "why".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sprint in February 2014.

2 interviews

Other offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sprint.

Interviewed twice but did not hear back the first time. The second time was based on a referral and dropped of a resume in person. The manager was very pleasant and was looking more for personality than anything. I did not have much sales experience but I was hired based on my work ethic and positive attitude. Other managers rely on aggressive sales personalities so try to cover both and play off their lead. They requested I apply formally online. You get asked about 40 questions that give you a lot of hypothetical scenarios. I received a call setting up an interview with the District Manager.

In Sprint culture hiring/firing decisions run through a DM as well as promotions and transfers. They ask you questions like what is appropriated dress for business and what to do if you see an employee take money. It is real commons sense trying to gauge your honesty and work ethic, they want to make sure you won't dye your hair blue all of a sudden or leave the store for personal reasons. You are asked to do a background screening when they deem you a quality candidate. After that you go to a 2 week training at the headquarters then about 2 weeks of in store shadowing. The first month of commission is guaranteed and use this time to learn the POS system and shadow the best reps.

Interview Questions
    • If you are short $5.00 on your register at the end of the night do you alert the manager or put it in. They ask a lot of moral dilemma questions and it's best to follow the honesty is the best policy principle.   Answer Question
    I came in during a bad time where they had a pay increase freeze implemented. After a few years I inquired about a raise. There is an option where they might take an average of all the employees in the district with the same title and length of tenure and give you a raise. Please negotiate aggressively at the beginning because in my time there raises are hard to come by.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sprint.

I filled out a application online. They have a big questionnaire that you have to pass before they call you. I got a call in about a week. Basic in person interview. Went into an office with two managers from two different stores. They just asked how I felt about customer service, technology, and sales.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an extremely upset customer who is screaming and yelling?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint in January 2014.

Two interviews I met with store manager first and then had an interview with store district manager. They asked me basic questions about selling products.Overall the interview was very professional and standard I tried to emphasize my sales experience. I was asked many scenario questions.

none

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sprint.

Very casual took a while for the background check/drug test results

I was told I was starting at the highest rate of pay available based on my past work experience.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sprint.

He lied all through out the interview you will make about 700 in commissions