Sprint Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprint (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview with the store manager. During the interview another sale associate was present too. They weren't hiring at the location I applied and was interviewing for another location that was a part time job, which was kind of odd. I had to reapply online for that position and was told to expect a call back. There was no call back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a good 2 interviews. 1st w/ store manager @ location I applied to. 2nd w/ 3 managers from 3 different locations. Pretty easy. Emphasize on sales!! & Be enjoyable. Was offered a host position instead, & Told me they really liked me and thought I needed to experience their way of selling first so was offered the host position in which I can move up to a retail sales consultant after being there for some time. Now just waiting to hear from HR manager and start the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• If you had to sell 38 phones in one month as a sales goal, how would you handle meeting that goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Haven't heard from HR manager yet, only store manager who said they wanted to offer me the position. So no negotiation or anything yet.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sprint.

Interview

Had an initial interview with my potential store manager, who asked standard interview questions. Got a second interview with another store manager about a week later, who asked similar questions. The questions were all geared towards my sales history. Was contacted 5 days later with a job offer.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

Uplifting. I answered an online questionnaire and then got a phone call from the store manager. I met with her in person and it went well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were overwhelmed with customers and by yourself.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint.

Interview

Long. Be prepared to compete with other sales associates as I'm noticing a carousel of employees coming and going from other providers. Also, you will be required to meet with at least one store manager and then the DM. Don't be intimidated.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sprint in January 2015.

Interview

I applied to Sprint on January 14, 2015, got a call from the store manager on January 15th to come in for an interview the following day. Went to the interview and of course showed up early so I could have some time to observe because of course they make you wait. The manager came out and told me I will be interviewing with the assistant manager first then I would interview with him. The interview with the assistant manager lasted about 20 minutes went really well and was impressed at how well I was able to sell him on a particular phone and point out features and benefits. Once that interview was over I had my interview with the store manager who was highly interested in hiring me. We talked about a timeline for the hiring process which he said would take about 10 days and he wanted me to start at the first of February and was going to do everything to make that happen as long as we were on the same page. He also let me know that I would have two more interviews to go through, one with another store manager and then another with the district manager. The same day he sent me a text to let me know my interview with other store manager was set up for the next day (January 17, 2015). I had a phone interview with him at 2pm which went very well. On Monday January 19, 2015 the store manager where I would be working called me to let me know I had an interview with the district manager the next day. My interview with the district manager went very well and was about 30 minutes and he liked the fact that I was determined to be the best. After my interview with the DM I got a call from the SM (store manager) about giving a business referral. My referral was contacted on Thursday (1/22/15). Right after that I was sent the info for the drug test and background check. I took care of both of them the same day. On January 26, 2015, I was extended an offer and accepted my offer! So exactly 10 days after my interview and the timeline we had spoke about was very precise. Start day is February 1, 2015.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprint in January 2015.

Interview

Did an assessment online then received a phone call from a manager. She asked a few general questions and scheduled an interview for the next day. I met with the asm and manager. At the end of the interview they let me know my chances of being hired were high and about a week later I got the call that I was hired

Interview Questions

• If you were helping a customer who only wanted to transfer contacts and a person walks in wanting to set up 7 new lines what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Haven't gotten my pay rate yet.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

I met the assistant manager, the manager twice, and the staff several pre interview times as a whole the manager ran the store well. The assistant provides a fantastic customer service experience

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprint (Seattle, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

Great culture, staff & managers. Great interview process. To the point, & efficient. The store was very neat and organized, and everyone was professional, even though they were very understaffed.

Interview Questions

• The typical... how do you deal with disgruntled customers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Haven't gotten that far yet... still waiting for my drug screen results.

Anonymous Employee in Sherman, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Sherman, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Application process was the longest part. Interview was initially done in hiring store with both managers and conducted with traditional interview questions. Preparation was simple. Second interview was conducted at another store location with another manager. Third interview was at same location same day with district manager. All went seemingly smooth.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather have a plaque or a $100 bill for a good achievement?   1 Answer