Sprint

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sprint in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred to Nelson Staffing in San Francisco for an Area/District/retail store Managers position in San Francisco and Novato Ca. I went thru a prep session with the SF Nelson staffer and then on to an interview with the Sprint Area Manager at the retail store in San Fran. He seemed very hurried and disjointed. He was not organized at all and less than professional to say the least.

Interview Question – What was my annual earnings expectations?   View Answer

Retail Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – Background check after you are selected. Could be 1-2 in person interviews. District Manager typically signs off on all hires in district. Followed by waiting on background check and drug screen.

Interview Question – usual questions. Be able to answer questions about the company and what your biggest opportunities are.   View Answer

Retail Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – Applied to internal posting online, position was new job creation not backfill. As an internal candidate, had existing relationship with hiring manager and director. Interviewed with district manager, then with director.

Interview Question – After reviewing my business plan the director lead the interview and actually did not ask many questions. Possibly since it was internal.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sprint in January 2011.

Interview Details – District manager interview and then second interview with Area manager. Both could be done in person or over the phone. Mostly a conversation about who you are. No real questions about knowledge.

Interview Question – None. Easy interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They stay pretty close to the offer. If you show experience they may budge slightly.

Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – The first interview was a thirty minute conversation with the district manager over the phone. This was mostly a review of experience and background. There were two in-person interviews, the first was conducted by local store managers. This interview was approximately forty five minutes long. The final interview was conducted by district managers.

Interview Question – What differentiates a leader from a manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was told that the salary offer was the final offer.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sprint in July 2013.

Interview Details – Excellent interviewing process using behavioral interviewing questions.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my desired salary.

Chattanooga, TN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sprint in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was promoted from within the company from Assistant Manager position. The process was an interview in person with the DM and then Director. A Plan of Action was expected in printed powerpoint or similar format. Questions were centered around actions. What would you do if? questions. Also, lots of questions about what you have done already in your current position to increase sales in ....

Interview Question – No real difficult questions if you have been doing well in your current position. An interesting one was "Tell me about a time when you had to win". Again, be prepared to explain any misses in sales quota and be able to tell what you did specifically to impact sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little opportunity to negotiate when being promoted from within. They have a range and the only way you get the high end of the range is if you are green in every metric and leading the area in sales. If you are hired from outside the company, there is much more opportunity to negotiate especially if you have proof of great sales and had a higher pay in your previous job.

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sprint in June 2013.

Interview Details – District Manager will only conduct an interview with the candidate he is looking to put in place for the position and no other interviews with other individuals necessary.

Interview Question – Are you sure you can handle the expectations for the position and how long do you think it will take for you to be successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very casual. Ultimatums were put out with time in between to discuss with family and offer was made.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – Application and survey all online, the company likes to promote from within. When the bench is low of talent external candidates are positively looked upon.

Interview Question – All behavioral type questions, depending on your initial responses the follow up questions tend to be most difficult. Be as detailed as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much, they have market pay offers.

Retail Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Sprint in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had to literally hound them until they got back to me with an interview request. The interview lasted about ten minutes, where I was asked about my experience, but there were no testing questions.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sprint

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sprint Retail Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sprint employees and interview candidates.