Sprint Retail Store Manager Interview Questions

2.4

Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sprint.

Interview

Background check after you are selected. Could be 1-2 in person interviews. District Manager typically signs off on all hires in district. Followed by waiting on background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• usual questions. Be able to answer questions about the company and what your biggest opportunities are.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sprint.

Interview

Applied to internal posting online, position was new job creation not backfill. As an internal candidate, had existing relationship with hiring manager and director. Interviewed with district manager, then with director.

Interview Questions

• After reviewing my business plan the director lead the interview and actually did not ask many questions. Possibly since it was internal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The first interview was a thirty minute conversation with the district manager over the phone. This was mostly a review of experience and background. There were two in-person interviews, the first was conducted by local store managers. This interview was approximately forty five minutes long. The final interview was conducted by district managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told that the salary offer was the final offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Houston, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Excellent interviewing process using behavioral interviewing questions.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my desired salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Houston, TX).

Interview

Application and survey all online, the company likes to promote from within. When the bench is low of talent external candidates are positively looked upon.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral type questions, depending on your initial responses the follow up questions tend to be most difficult. Be as detailed as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much, they have market pay offers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprint (Kalamazoo, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

District Manager will only conduct an interview with the candidate he is looking to put in place for the position and no other interviews with other individuals necessary.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you can handle the expectations for the position and how long do you think it will take for you to be successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very casual. Ultimatums were put out with time in between to discuss with family and offer was made.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sprint (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I was referred to Nelson Staffing in San Francisco for an Area/District/retail store Managers position in San Francisco and Novato Ca. I went thru a prep session with the SF Nelson staffer and then on to an interview with the Sprint Area Manager at the retail store in San Fran. He seemed very hurried and disjointed. He was not organized at all and less than professional to say the least.

Interview Questions

• What was my annual earnings expectations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Orlando, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied online for a location located in another state. A Retail Store Manager (RSM) emailed and asked about my situation because I was not located in the state. After some emails we decided to do a phone interview. Very accommodating with the time and date for interview. It was 2:1 interview but the other Store Manager was just taking notes and did not comment very much. Asked 10 questions and it took about a hour to finish the interview. Was informed that only 2 people would be forwarded to the District Manager, I was picked. District Manager Interview was a 1:1 and took about another hour. Was done over the phone and again accommodating for my request to do over the phone and flexible, to an extent on the times we could talk. Overall very professional and accommodating seeing how I was 2,000 miles away and 3 different time zones.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time a new technology was introduced into your organization which you thought would initially have a negative impact but later turned out to have a positive impact.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The difference between time zones made it difficult at times to coordinate interview times and probably extended the interview length by 1-2 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sprint (Dallas, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

three rounds of interviews. first with the hiring manager, then with a panel of your peers then with the director of the retail area. the first interview took over 3 hours. they are very thorough. come ready to tell your life story. the panel interview was much easier, but was very past paced and rapid fire questions from 3 different people. they were very well prepared and followed up on answers that were not clear to them.

Interview Questions

• the questions were very straight forward. some of them required multiple answers and i was not permitted to go to the next question without fully answering the question i was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

3 rounds of negotiation. average difficulty

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sprint (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

District manager interview and then second interview with Area manager. Both could be done in person or over the phone. Mostly a conversation about who you are. No real questions about knowledge.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They stay pretty close to the offer. If you show experience they may budge slightly.