Sprint

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sprint in March 2014.

I walked in with my suit and briefcase to ask about any openings. The manager took my resume, looked it over, and asked me to interview on the spot.

After presenting my sales experience I was told she generally doesn't like people with sales experience because she wants to mold individuals into Sprint's own technique...while I understand and appreciate their desire for a structured strategy the ability to sell is not merely rote memorization or dogmatic adherence to some "technique" it is the talent and confidence to sell that makes somebody good. Counting experience, especially the successful variety, against a candidate is ridiculousness in the most extreme order. Also during the interview she used profanity to self-describe her leadership style but that her being so exacting is what works well for the store. I felt this was completely unprofessional language for an interviewer to use but I responded all the same by saying "having high expectations and managing them into a reality is not tantamount to being a <explicit remark>." I thought it was a well delivered retort for the usual "I am a tough manager" statement but boy was I caught off guard.

I didn't mind the proposition interview at all or even the fact that I had to wait for an hour in the store beforehand for her to become available heck it gave me a chance to show my mettle on the spot. However, I definitely mind not getting any sort of phone call or email telling me I did not get the job. A couple weeks went by so I called a few times over a five day period to check my application status. By this time I already knew my fate but wanted to hear it out loud. The interviewer/manager was always "busy" when I called and apparently too much so to reply and by the final call I could sense from the sales consultant's tone that he knew she was just blowing me off. And so it goes even to this day I am still waiting for my rejection notice! I realize in today's market companies can pretty much treat prospective employees any way they want with impunity but I really did expect more from Sprint.

As I glance over other reviews here it seems my experience was unique in the most unfortunate way. Sprint's corporate reputation is pretty good so I was excited at the prospect of joining them. Even now I don't blame Sprint and honestly think I just ran into a bad manager or possibly a new manager still learning the ropes/basic business etiquette. Regardless, I have to rate my experience as largely negative due to her completely wasting my time.

Interview Questions
  • Pretty standard in sales really "sell this pen"   View Answer
  • If you had to choose between promotion or more money which would you choose?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sprint in September 2012.

all and all it was about 3 week process. Interview with Asst Managers then with actul Manager and then Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
    • how would i sell my phone? was the hardest question :)   Answer Question
    No Negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

online applications are taken and the company is relatively quick to call you back if they are interested. three interviews are required before hiring decision is made by your store manager, another nearby manager and a DM.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question that they will ask if to describe a moment in your past job experiences where you know you did the wrong thing and what you should have done instead   Answer Question
    nothing was negotiable. You will be handed a paper that outlines your projected pay and asked if you would like the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint in December 2011.

The interview process was pretty average in my book, it took a total of two weeks then I was hired on. I applied online and within a two days I received a call then I preceeded with the actual one on one interview about a week later. I had two interviewers that asked me basic interview questions regarding my prior retail it went pretty smooth. They simply ask questions such as "what does customer service mean to you? What does intergrity mean, and how comfortable are you working with people and technology?" After the intial interview it took about 5 days for a call back, this time i had one interviewer and he repeated the same questions and asked what wage I would work for. They did a backround check and I was then hired on.

Interview Questions
    It is very easy to negotiate if you have prior experience in the field.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint in May 2010.

It started out with a 1:1 interview with the district manager for Sprint. It was pretty easy and straight-forward. After that the regional manager called for a second interview over the phone. They asked questions like; how do you handle angry customers, why do you want to work for sprint, and how would your previous employers rate your capabilities?

Interview Questions
    • Since you do not have much experience in this field, how will you overcome this and become one of the top sales consultant?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sprint in April 2010.

Applied online and got a call to set up an interview within a week. I think there was like 10 people who applied for the position and me and 2 other people got called back for the second interview. The first interview was with the store manager and it was really formal. The second interview was with the assistant store manager and it was less formal. I got a call back for the third which i go on tomorrow. It is with the regional market director.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sprint in June 2009.

Applied online and was called for interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer.   View Answer
    Hourly wage was determined by experience, the more you have the better chances you have of getting an increase from the starting wage.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sprint in May 2008.

I was called about a month after applying. I was asked to come into the location for an interview which I accepted. The interview took approx 45 minutes and then was hired on the spot. After a drug test, I was given the go ahead to begin working. overall, a great experience