Sprint

Updated Dec 26, 2014
Updated Dec 26, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Solutions Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sprint in September 2014.

I applied online and was contacted about a week later over email. Did a 30 minute call with the hiring manager as a quick first step. Had to run through my background for most of the call as he didn't seem to look at my resume before the call had started. Hiring manager ended the call by saying he had many candidates to review and would get back to me next week. After not hearing anything for two weeks I reached out to him and we set up a second call.

The second call was more than an hour, and a good in-depth discussion by both of us, although again I had to run through a lot about my background and work history. It seems that he remembered my name and where I lived from the first call but not anything about my capabilities or job history. He did give me a fair bit of insight about the job and the team and what would be expected in the role. No discussions about pay in either of the two calls. We ended the second call the same as the first, with the plan that I would hear something from him "next week".

It's now been three months and still no follow up from the hiring manager. I have tried to make contact several times and did not even get a form letter in response.

The lack of courtesy in getting back to a candidate leaves a bad taste in my mouth. However, I think it is also important to point out that the guy was friendly on the telephone and seemed to be straight with his questions to me, and also honest with his answers to my questions.

Interview Questions
  • No unexpected questions were asked. Questions were on-point for the job. For this job they were about both technical topics as well as collaborative skills.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Solutions Engineer Interview

Multiple hiring managers will interview you. WAN and networking protocols will be investigated. Managers may ask you to interview with current employees to evaluate your technical abilities to meet the job requirements and gauge how you might fit within the companies culture.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you dealt with a difficult customer in the past and what steps you took to resolve.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sprint.

Pretty standard for a big company. Interview with HR, interview with impending (hiring) Manager, interview with another manager or Director.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sprint in June 2009.

Recruiter screens resumes and then straight to the hiring manager. May involve interview with Director of the group plus peers.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you failed at something? How did you feel? What did you do to recover from the failure?   View Answer
    Yes, negotiation was there. Salary tiers are very wide to accommodate geo and experience