Sprint Summer Sales Intern Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Summer Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sprint in February 2012.

I attended a sales internship/career fair at Illinois State University and talked with the guys from Sprint. I really wasn't intending on interviewing with them, but they offered me an interview. After they offered me the position, they said they really look for how people follow up after meeting them and I stood out (I was the only one brought back for an interview - so follow up with a LinkedIn connection, email, card, everything!)

To get the ball rolling, they brought me to a local office for an informational interview, basically talking about the company and the internship. I then interviewed with my potential sales manager in Oak Brook and his manager in the Chicago office. The interview with the sales manager is the most important, the interview with his director was just a formality. I had developed a good rapport with the guy so the interview was pretty laid back with some challenging questions thrown in here and there. They really want to know that you're committed to the sales field and why, that you know how to bounce back from failure, and how good your are at setting goals and meeting them.

Sprint wants to see previous sales experience and any real experience will help 100x in the interview. I started a network marketing business that they loved. So if you don't have any experience in sales, forget it. Go out and do something before you plan on interviewing. (Intern with an insurance agent, start a network marketing endeavor, start your own business, etc.)

I was offered the position and accepted. Sprint is serious about their internship program which is what I liked.

Interview Questions
  • Describe for me how you set personal goals and how you meet them. What do you do if you don't meet your goals?   View Answer
  • What do you personally bring to a work atmosphere?   View Answer
  • Why do you want this position?   View Answer
Really no negotiation. Corporate decides the hourly compensation for interns.