Sprint Technical Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.2

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sprint.

Interview

The interview process was longer than expected. The first interview was a casual conversation in the mangers office. There was another interview with the manager in his office some weeks later that asked more specific questions about how certain situations would be handled. Several days later I was scheduled to interview over the phone with the Distric Manager. Finally, some days later I received a phone call offering the position.

Interview Questions

• If you are presented with a problem that you dont know how to solve in regards to repairing a phone, how would you go about solving the issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay was set in stone with no room for negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Sprint

Technical Consultant Interview

Interview

Can't remember its been too long. You go through a few interviews. Not terribly hard and it shows by the type of people they hire. just act somewhat competent and you will do fine

Interview Questions

• Probably what is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sprint (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

I applied online at the Sprint Careers website for the technical consultant position, and I received a call the next day asking to come in for a interview. The position was located in Brooklyn, NY. I went in and I waited about 30 minutes before the interview actually started. I interviewed with the store manager, and also the technical consultant lead. The interview went very well, and only lasted about 15 minutes. The next day I received a call from the location asking to schedule a phone interview with the district manager. I scheduled the interview for the next day at 6 PM. The interview went well over the phone and he basically asked me on how I view customer service and how Important it is to me. I got a call from the store manager the next day and she sent me a email to complete a background check, and also a email for a drug test. I completed my background check and drug test and just waiting for a call back with a offer. Overall, this was a very quick process compared to other employers.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you came across, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Interview

It was a very simple interview. The interview was with both the store manager and district manager. They asked very simple questions about work experiences along with career goals. I was offered the job informally and deiced not to a take it. I would much rather work for att or verizon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprint (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

The process was simple, I received the call and interviewed in two days. The first was with the assistant manager, and the second was with the store manager. I did a phone call with upper level manager also.

Interview Questions

• Do you like customer service   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sprint.

Interview

Confidence is key for being hired, you really don't need anything else to get the job. Go through everything slowly online and fill everything out. They'll call you if you pass for an in person interview and then you should be set. Look at this job as an after college or foot in the door type of a job. Make sure you're ready to role play a sale or two to the interview team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can negotiate for your base pay. I was offered $14 an hour but I knew of 3 others who had more schooling/experience that made $12.50. As far as I know $14 is the cap for starting out as a tech.

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sprint.

Interview

Applied on the corporate website, the personality test takes quite a bit of time and is not easy. Be consistent and take your time, would be my advice. I got a call about two weeks later and came in for an interview the next day. The interview was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to go through a hypothetical scenario and talk about past positive and negative experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sprint (Tucson, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

I was hired as part of a mass-hiring due to a future store opening, so my process was possibly different. I went through two actual interviews: one with assistant managers and then one with store managers. Their questions were pretty easy and nothing really caught me off-guard.

There was a third "interview" that mostly consisted of being told expectations and a final confirmation if I thought the job was right for me.

Interview Questions

• One of the biggest points in the interview that was made is that they want their techs to be able to interact with customers. The interviewers said most people that apply for the tech position lack people skills and are turned down. You need to be able to convince them that you are capable of handling customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sprint (Miramar, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied for the job and got and answer within a week or two, the manager that I talked to even give a date for the interview, that was set for about a week after.

Interview Questions

• Very much this company needs people aggressive in sales. People that is not afraid to sell a service that can be challenging. My manager asked my to sell him an item to evaluate how well I would sell it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sprint (Brick, NJ).

Interview

I had applied through career builder website and within a few days was contacted by the store manager for an in person interview. I went to the store for the interveiw with the manager. It was one on one in his office. No hard or unexpected questions. very laid back. He told me he had a few more interviews to conduct and would be making his decision by the end of the week and if i was chosen id receive an email with instructions for the background and drug test ect. At the end of the week i actually received a call from the manager explaining he had decided to go with an existing employee from a different sprint store that requested a transfer but i would have been chosen if it wasnt against an existing employee.