Sprint

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sprint in August 2009.

Interview Details – My hiring process was a little different because I initially applied for cust service, I applied, talked to a HR rep, was then sent a test online to take. I took the test and the test was a simulation of phone calls and you picked the best answers. Then they called me in for a interview with two supervisors and they asked you questions. Then they call you back to meet George and as long as they call back to meet George then you've got the job.

Interview Question – I dont really remember any difficult questions, they were pretty basic interviews, like compare and contrast previous jobs. Even if their intimidating in the interview most of the sups are pretty relaxed, so if you make them personally like you. Then they'll hire you.   Answer Question

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sprint in November 2010.

Interview Details – I started as a technical support representative in the contact center. The interview questions are pretty standard behavioral based questions. They focus on a situation, the steps you took with the situation, and the resolution.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult that I remembered.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A bit challenging but stick to your guns.

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sprint in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied on-line and received a link to an on-line assessment. It's a typical assessment and a virtual call center "walk through" where you actually listen to a call and "practice." Then you fill out the application. The next day I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview for the next day. The typical questions took place on the phone call, "tell me about a time when," and then I was scheduled for a 1:1 the next day. The 1:1 was very relaxed and fun, and I was moved on to the next step immediately which is the drug test and background check. I completed the drug test upon leaving as it was on my way home, and still waiting for the background check to complete, which I have no worries about.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Sprint?   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sprint in May 2009.

Interview Details – The initial round was mostly on web and automated. This seemed like a personality test phase. There was a skills test in the HR office on a computer testing your multi-tasking skills (mostly automated). Weeks later got a call that was the phone interview. The phone interview was brief and mostly asking questions like how you feel about shift work and having to show up to work on time and every day. What followed was a 2:1 interview where two supervisors asked behavioral interview questions for about an hour. In addition to behavioral questions be ready for the usual standbys like "tell me about your three greatest strengths and weaknesses." Kind of old school, but the funny thing was one of the interviewer's insistence that you had to come up with at least three weaknesses. Two weaknesses just was not good enough. I wondered if the supervisors understood why they were asking the questions they were asking. Some other behavioral questions were very sharp and since seeing both these supervisors now a little on the job, they are very smart and perceptive at their usual jobs. I suspect interviews might be their least favorite tasks.

Interview Question – List three strengths and three weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For entry level positions not sure there could have been any negotiation. Pay was set and so are the benefits. It was kind of a cattle call in some ways. You can probably negotiate some things like an early vacation or stuff like that (matters of timing).

Technical Support Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – Everything happened really quickly. I was contacted about 3 days after I applied and the interview went very well...that is until they started asking me technical questions...it was unexpected and I froze with some of the questions, because I'm not really a technical person and I honestly thought I was interviewing for a customer service position I applied to.
I did not get the job, needless to say but it was definitely good practice and a challenge.

Interview Question – They asked me about some technical terms I didnt know   Answer Question

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!