Sprint

Relevance Date Difficulty

Network Development Intern Interview

Network Development Intern
Reston, VA

I interviewed at Sprint in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a tech from the team about my availability. We set up a date for a formal interview. On the day of interview tech, Manager and the Director of the team were on the bridge. This was overwhelming but the interview itself was comfortable. It was mostly about the work I did at my university, which is based on LTE.

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sprint in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and after a month got a call from the recruiter to schedule a phone interview with the manager.
There were two phone screens, one very short one with a recruiter and another with the hiring manager, mostly going over the past experience and what was expected to be done in the future position.In the interview he was looking at how well I was eager to learn and ability to pick up new technologies.

Interview Question – Explain how you handled a risky situation at your workplace.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Business Analyst Intern
Reston, VA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – One in person interview

Interview Question – Not in my case. They walk through my resume and ask why I choose to intern at Sprint.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Network Planner I Interview

Network Planner I
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – Apply online and got interview request two days later. First interview is directly on-site interview with manager. Asked general behavior questions and talk more details about technical entries in resume.

Interview Question – Require you have plenty of experience of large database (Access) project experiences   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Retail Sales Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sprint in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the job in Oct 2012, received a phone call a month later, interview set up the next day, 2 days later, met the DM, passed the drug screen test & background. Love this place, workers are awesome!

Interview Question – no difficult questions for me, i'm not bragging but I did very well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase and my advice to others when applying, if you have a criminal record, please dont embarrass yourself, move on.

Federal Account Manager Interview

Federal Account Manager
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sprint in May 2012.

Interview Details – Do not be surprised if you do get an interview. AND...they conduct a lot of interviews in panels. Often asking for someone to come back and present a business plan. So here is how it works: First you will be "vetted". Have you worked at either Sprint or Nextel before and are you re-hirable. Then you will have a series of interviews. They may act like they are coaching you for the next interview. Don't buy it. Stay with your gut and ask the questions you want to ask. Also, if you are in sales, be prepared to put together a business plan and present it. Now with this said, Ask all the questions you would need the answers to complete both of these tasks. You will not get a second chance once you are invited to present - and heck, if you didn't ask all the questions you needed to ask.......well, you won't make the sale.

Interview Question – "Tell me 10 great things that describe you. Also, 10 more things that describe your personality and also 10 things related to business that people who know you would say..."   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The job seemed limited. Also during several of the interviews it was often "explained" to me that they did know someone else that they really liked and were considering promoting. However due to the company guidelines they had to post the job and conduct interviews. I later found out the person they were speaking about was their friend. Very, very political. And frankly, if you don't smile and go along with local management - while praising the management.....yeah, well, you won't go anywhere inside the company no matter how many sales records you break.
So don't expect to be able to work here if you are indeed a person who thinks outside of the box. There is def a script here for you to follow. Sigh.
So in the end, I said, "No thank you." Good experience to go through the process though.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sprint in April 2009.

Interview Details – Process was standard, very behavioral and situation oriented. Interviewed with direct hiring manager, group VP and peers for the department. Nothing surprising and nothing out of the blue. Very standard.

Interview Question – Knowledge of wireless industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – vacation

Very Easy Interview

Legal Assistant Interview

Legal Assistant
Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sprint.

Interview Details – This consisted of an interview with the attorneys from the legal department as well as reviews from previous positions held within the company. There were no tests given as this was a lateral move, so it was a short interview consisting of questions about experience in the legal field.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself within the company in 5 years.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sprint in January 2012.

Interview Details – Was expected to work for lower salary, did not see a good opportunity for future growth

Interview Questions

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Reston, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Sprint in December 2008.

Interview Details – It was OK, all technical questions and about routing protocols such as EIGRP,BGP and IS-IS. Be prepared to answer complex Cisco questions from the Senior Network Engineer.

Interview Question – What TCP port does BGP use?   View Answer

Worked for Sprint? Contribute to the Community!