Sprouts Farmers Market Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2014
Updated Oct 1, 2014

2.0

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market.

Two weeks after applying online, I received a phone call and was asked to walk in for an interview. I was interviewed by the manager in the front of the store by the cashiers, and the entirety of it took about 5 minutes, if that - and interrupted midway when the manager got up to help a cashier with something. For most of the interview, she talked to me about the position, its requirements, the corporate accountability system, and so on, calling the job "pretty easy." She then asked me if I had any questions. Not like a traditional interview at all, and definitely not an effective interview. I was told that there were going to be 5 more interviews that same day, and that I would be called the next day before noon if I got the job. Overall, I got the feeling that the manager just wanted to get the interview over with.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market.

Easy typical interview. Asked what my ex employer thought my strengths and weaknesses were....very personable boss. Flexible hours offered and laid back esque. Im really excited to be a part of this team of people! Hopefully it will be just as rewarding as I predict that it will be.

N/a

Assistant Produce Manager Interview

Was asked the same questions that you would normally get asked in an interview. It was casual and in a room with many other people who were being interviewed at the same time. After that, most communication was done online.

Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market in July 2014.

I put my application in on a Sunday and received a phone call from a manager the next day asking me if i was available with in the next 2 hours. I was. When i walked into the store i waited very briefly at the front while a cashier paged the manager. He then took me upstairs into the office and was very professional. He asked me questions about previous difficulty I've had at past jobs and then sent me home. He told me i would be receiving another phone call from the store manager. I never received a second phone call so when i called they told me they had a freeze going on and no one was being hired at Sprouts. They store manager also had quit and thrown away everyone's interview papers so they needed to start all over on everyone's process. I got another call a few days later from the manager that had interviewed me asking if i was available for an interview, he did not remember that we had already met and had one. I decided that this seemed a little crazy and decided to seek employment elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • didn't ask any questions that were extremely difficult   Answer Question

The company seems very disorientated The employees that i did talk to told me it was not worth putting myself through tons of stress. The pay is not very good. Every employees i talked to, managers included told me they get the minimum raise when its review time. They do not hire full time so no benefits. Doesn't sound like a place i want to work at.

Vitamin Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

was emailed after submitting application online. conducted basic interview. was asked why i thought i would be a good fit for the postion. and also about prior situations with customers. i told them about my experience dealing with customers. and why they had to choose to hire someone with my skill and experience knowledge, and i was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • tell me why you applied and why you would be a good candidate for the job   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snellville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snellville, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market in July 2014.

I applied online after seeing the job. I had two in person interviews. They took forever with each part of the process and were very flaky. The people were nice enough, but I didn't trust them.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you could offer us that no one else could?   Answer Question

They were really flaky and took forever to get back to me. Several times they claimed they would call and didn't.

Store 4th Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market in June 2014.

With a new store opening soon Sprouts held a job fair for 2 full days & did not require a set interview time so it was convenient for applicants. I applied online in advance and networked through LinkedIn. I met with one manager who conducted the interview in an open room but plenty of space to have one-on-one.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I was prepared to do an on the spot saliva test & background check   View Answer
    Yes, I was able to negotiate based on my experience however that requires approval which may take an extra week or more but well worth the wait.

Head Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market in June 2014.

I went to a Job Fair they held for a new store opening up in my area. Went to the Job Fair around the afternoon and not too many people interviewing. I had already applied online, went into a waiting room for about 15mins and then was called into the next room where there were a lot of other interviews going on. I sat down with the Assistant Store Manager, and he asked me the ice break question " Tell me about yourself and what position(s) you applied for and why?". The other questions were the normal interview questions, and some customer service questions. After a few minutes of talking the manager stated he liked me and offered me the Head Cashier position and then I went over to another table to do the drug test. Later on in the day they sent me an email of forms and things to do online to start the background check. A week later they called to see if I was still interested in the job and sent me another email to start my new hire paperwork . A few days later I was called to come to the other store to finish up my paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • No hard or unexpected questions. Most were common basic interview questions along with customer service questions and scenarios.   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market in May 2014.

I applied online for an open grocery clerk position, after a few days I called up there to talk with a manager but they were gone, so they employee on the phone took my name and number. 2 days later the store director called me and asked when I could come in for an interview, and I went in the next day. It was in the manager's office and there weren't many (if any) questions that weren't related to my availability. Anyways a few days later he called me and asked me to come in to finish paper work after my background check went through, and when I went in to fill it out I was given a oral swab drug screen, and talked with the manager who was there and got scheduled for my first day, and was given 2 shirts. The process was about 2.5 weeks from applying to starting work.

Interview Questions
    I was offered a position in the Bakery Department and I was open to that position but the hours didn't coordinate with my schedule so I was given the Grocery Clerk job.

Assistant Grocery Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market.

Applied and interviewed that week. Came in for a second interview a few days later. Really no tough questions as I have had a similar job elsewhere.

They said it was all they could pay