Sprouts Farmers Market Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied for cashier, only had deli available. Interviewer was great, deli manager was very knowledgeable and patient with my questions, that was my first time working in the deli department , normally worked up front.

Interview Questions

• Years of experience and was I willing to learn something new   1 Answer

Negotiation

The company wanted to start me out at a lower rate, she made sure that I received a pay that represented my years of experience. I got the pay that she put in for me. It was nice to have someone go the extra mile for me.

Bagger Interview

Interview

Was a simple interview. Just asked why I wanted to work at sprouts. What was my strenths and weaknesses. Then did a drug test swab and that was pretty much it.

Vitamin Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market.

Interview

I was called in the afternoon to schedule an interview the following morning. I received an email telling me how to prepare for interview and a interview reminder last night. I was told vitamin clerk is one of the toughest positions to fill and that I sounded like a perfect fit. I was very excited, went and purchased a book to further my knowledge, dry cleaned my suit, drove by Embassy Suites where my interview would be so I wouldn't have any trouble getting there in the morning, and was feeling optimistic. I went to bed early so I would be well rested, and I arrived 20 minutes early. I was told that all the positions for vitamin clerk were filled yesterday and then handed a application to fill out for other departments. This is the most unprofessional company and worst interview or lack of interview experience I'd ever had. Needless to say I would never recommend this company to anybody.

Interview Questions

• After going through the trouble they informed me the position I was there for was filled.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market in March 2015.

Interview

Went to an interview with a new store opening, went smmoth, talked to sevreal diffrent managers and final one was with the store manager, did drug test and did intinal background check, but came home and had to finish the info so they can finish the background check, then once that goes thru it takes about a week or 2 to find out when our date of start will be! Patiently waiting.

Meat Clerk/Cutter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Petaluma, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Got an Offer, but verification company and Sprouts strict policy regarding said 3rd party results, caused No hiring.

Attempted to apply from iPad online months prior - not possible.
    Finished applying via Macbook online later, after visiting store and chatting w/ workers.
    Inquired w/ mngmt about open position in meat dept in an Opening store nearer my location.
    Did an online verification process "0nboarding" (part one).
    Discussed salary desired and availability etc.
    Was told to finish second process of Verification online, and I put in notice w/ my current job after told would love to have me join, including being offered more money than I asked for! :)
    Took a mini-vacation and told fiancée would be accepting new job w/ likelihood of transfer closer to home in future, for a growing company.
    Couldn't finish the 2nd part of process on an Apple product of any kind.
    Called verification company to learn that.
    After finished, Sprouts did not contact me.
    I went into store few times and no answers.
    Called-in after received letter from verification company suggesting I call.
    Phone call to Sprouts got me some run around, but eventual voice-mail informing pot possession misdemeanor few yrs ago in a medicinal state resulted in my not being hired now.
    I have been sober almost 2 1/2 yrs, and mentioned I had past record in beginning of interviews.
    I am straight-forward and forthcoming and professional, Sprouts may lack some of those same qualities and ethics in their leadership/management from what I research further about them now.

Ultimately, I learned a valuable lesson in the process:
    Don't give notice at a low pay dead-end job, on the promise of being hired anywhere.
    Wait until actually hired, then allow further notice to current employer.
    Won't be my problem now, as I'm un-employed shortly LoL

It is Sprouts loss though, not mine.
    Sprouts will now be my competitor, as I move back into my previous field near them soon I'm sure.

Any Postion Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Tustin, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very professional, very courteous, and I was told right away that they would be getting hold of me quickly if they were interested. no tricky questions.no psychological questions. very straight and to the point. It was one of the most enjoyable interviews that I've had for quite a while since looking for a job.I also wasn't made to wait until they found the time to interview me.my interview appointment time was the time that they interviewed me.

Head Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application online at snagajob and later received an email to schedule my interview with them and I did. They were having them at a local fire station and I showed up fairly early. I was given the interview as soon as I filled out an availability sheet with additional contact interview and I brought my resume as well. I was asked a few questions like what I knew about the company and if I was interested in another position other than the one I orig applied for. The questions were fairly easy. After the interview I was told that I seemed like a good candidate and that he was going to talk to the Sprouts managers to arrange a second interview that I never did receive. I probably should have called though.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Huntsville, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

I went to a hiring event for a new store opening it was very laid back they ask a few common questions in interviews based on past work experience. It was 1 on 1 and I talked to 3 different people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked what I made at my current job and how much I'd like to make. They came back with much more than I asked for which was nice.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was one interview first the basic questions every interviewer ask , and they ask your experience , then if they like you the second interview you negotiate pay

Produce Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Riverside, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

There were only a couple of people there and you just had to show up to get interviewed they didn't filter through applicants beforehand. I did a one on one interview with the manager and she just explained the duties of the job and asked why I wanted to work there as well as strengths and weaknesses.