Sprouts Farmers Market Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

1.9

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market.

Interview

I walked in to apply and tackled with the store manager. I was hired on the spot and started 2 days later. I was treated very well and was looking forward to starting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here!   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was necessary. Was offered what I expected.

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Katy, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was not to hard. General costumer service questions. The manager took me to his office and we had a one on one interview. He already had my resume on file so the questions was based on the resume mostly

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Walked in with a resume and talked to the manager. The produce manager was the only person hiring at the time. Talked to him briefly for 10 minutes mostly going over previous employment and current availability. Had to submit an application online through sprouts to be in the system but was basically hired on the spot.

Vitamin Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market.

Interview

Filled out online, after that the process took way to long about 3 or 4 weeks. Then went to the interview with other ppl and after that was over they gave a call back in like 2 weeks for drug test etc the whole process took about 2 months which was a shame, shouldve known something was wrong then.

Interview Questions

• basic questons about how you work in different situatians and questions about Vitamins if applying for the vitamin position   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was emailed to do an interview with guys and I went on July 23,2015 . I got there filled out the application sheet then I waited in the waiting room , they lady called me for a interview. I did very well told her about my pervious experience with the grocery stores and then she told me to go back and wait for the people in the back to call me ( basically for my drug test and they told me I was hired) that was it! Now I'm just waiting to do my paperwork & get my uniform , do training the store opens September 2,2015

Interview Questions

• What does customer service means to me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would say just go in knowing that you have the interview and the job in the bag don't feel scared or intimated it's all on how you present yourself.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2015.

Interview

At a hotel, sign in, wait in a hallway with 5-10 other applicants. Called into a larger room where there are at least 20 interviewers sitting at tables where you are seated at which ever person is interviewing for a particular position; bakery, bulk, cashier, etc.. No introductions. Just straight to the questions. "Why do you want to work in the bakery department? What about working at 3 am? After answering questions about work ethics, I was told "thanks for coming in." Nothing else. Felt like speed dating more than an official interview. (When I was walking out to the parking lot, I met a lady who had just been interviewed. I asked her how it went. She said she was hired. I asked how the process worked for her. She said, "After the first room interview, if you are hired, they will send you to the room next door to fill out the necessary paperwork."

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the bakery department?   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market.

Interview

Hiring process was decently painless. Applied to a number of different locations and got a callback from Pacific Beach location. Interview process was quick and simple, one interview with the Assistant Manager, very casual interview, very friendly and not nerve wreacking.

Interview Questions

• Describe the first time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (San Marcos, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initially excited, as I applied online and was immediately invited to attend cattle call hiring event at a hotel. Waited in line, signed in and waited again to be called. Several tables were set up and there were multiple interviews going on at one time. Room extremely noisy. I was not asked any questions pertinent to skills, intelligence or personality. Realized early on that this process was to get as many "bodies" as possible. I was told that no offers being made that day. Two weeks later received call asking if I was still interested and to come in for a drug test. Nothing was discussed prior to or during this meeting regarding position or salary. Over a week later received email saying I passed drug test and to fill out background check. Again, no discussion as to salary or position. Another week later sent email to fill out new hire paperwork and received a call to come in to the store. By this point in the process, I was having serious second thoughts and knew I could not work for a company who handles people as chattel, but also curious to follow through to the end. I arrived at the store to meet with someone who sat me down and put a paper before me designating my job and salary. She asked if that was okay and I said no. She went to speak with the manager who came back to the office and after a brief discussion, I turned the position down. I felt the entire process was lacking in honesty, transparency, and integrity. My experience was one of bewilderment and disappointment that people can be treated in such a flippant manner (position I applied for was never available even though that is what I applied for specifically online, but was merely asked in the initial interview if I was willing to accept another position to which I replied "Possibly, if there was something available which suited my skills". In full disclosure, at the final offer meeting at the store, the manager said that he did state that this position was not available, but my claim is that he did not directly state that it was not available, but only eluded that I may have to settle for something else.) There was a bit of lying or stretching the truth as well, which I also found incredibly disheartening. I am one of the lucky ones though, as I have the luxury of turning down a position offered. Not all are so lucky and I hope that Sprouts figures out employees who are paid fairly and treated well are the most loyal and faithful and provide the best customer service. i am not sure I can even shop there anymore, but that is my personal choice to make. But I guess...business is business, right?

Interview Questions

• When are you available? Have you scheduled any vacations? Willing to work holidays? Willing to take another position if the one you're applying for isn't available?   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Laguna Hills, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email to come to a mass hiring event. Thought that was odd for what I thought was a full time administrative position, but I went.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Sprouts Have you ever had to learn a new system or software from the ground up. What are you appliying for and what hours can you work   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sprouts Farmers Market (Henderson, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Took around 20 minutes. HR Manager did not use full employment history of many successes. Jotted a few figures down and offered a lower position even though has 20+ years of director experience.

Interview Questions

• What you know about Sprouts?   1 Answer