Spruce & Bond Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Spruce & Bond in July 2014.

I was interviewed on 4 separate occasions and each time went very well. The corporate staff to the location managers were all very professional and thorough in making sure they are hiring a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions: where do you see yourself in 5 + years, strengths, weaknesses, why you would make a good fit...eg.   Answer Question

Any (Esthetician Or Front Desk) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Spruce & Bond in March 2014.

2 phone screenings
    1 meeting with store manager
    1 meeting with regional manager and company CEO
    All meetings were pretty relaxed, everyone in the company seems to be very friendly. Pretty standard interview questions. Given that the first and second interviews were in different locations, I had a bit of traveling to do, and the process itself from initial screening to final interview took about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Identify a role in your former position which you excelled at/didn't enjoy.   Answer Question

SPA Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Spruce & Bond.

My initial phone interview and face to face with HR were straight forward, very professional and informative. Second face to face interview with sales manager was a bad experience. This individual was extremely unprofessional in both appearance and attitude. Wet hair, inappropriate outfit and ripped stockings set the tone for a very bad experience and a very bad impression of this company's standards. She was combative, rude and unfriendly. I felt as though she did not take it seriously and had better things to do. Having conducted many interviews and also having been interviewed (by some very prestigious spa companies) I can honestly say this was the worst I've ever witnessed/experienced. I left with a very bad feeling about working for this company. It is possible to conduct an aggressive interview while maintaining a professional and positive attitude but that did not happen here. Also, it is important (especially when building a brand) that all interviews are taken very seriously and you put your best foot forward while representing your brand. All I can say is Completely Bare will be going through some serious growing pains until they get the right people on board

Interview Questions
    • All questions were as expected and on point for the industry. No trickery involved.   Answer Question

Esthetician/Laser Hair Removal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Spruce & Bond in January 2010.

You will first meet with a Manager or Human Resources, to answer a series of questions regarding your experience. They will ask you if you are comfortable seeing and handling female genitalia. (since this body part is what they specialize in removing hair from.) If you do well on this interview, they will have you meet with a corporate trainer to talk more about the details of the job, including the different laser machines to see if you are familiar with using them. If she likes you, you will then have to meet with the owner Cindy Barshop. This interview is solely to see if Cindy likes you and to judge you based on your appearance. You MUST wear make-up and be somewhat fashionable. She has nothing to ask except for how long you take to do a brazillian wax. You have to do it in 30mins or less. She might do a scenario set up with you, where she acts like an obnoxious client and you have to re-enact how you will handle such clients.

Interview Questions
    • Am I comfortable touching vaginas? I mean obviously I am or I wouldn't be applying for a job at a famous place for brazillian waxes and hair removal.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations. Take it or leave it.