Spurwink Services

Very Easy Interview

Therapeutic Couple Interview

Therapeutic Couple
Chelsea, ME

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Spurwink Services in October 2013.

Interview Details – Start by speaking with Steve Connley, the recruiter. Then, have a phone interview with a Senior Administrator. We then had a Skype interview with 2 program supervisors. Once we decided to move forward, we scheduled a flight to complete an in-person interview.

Interview Question – What sorts of things do you like to do to relax?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We asked if the house had mold. We were told it doesn't because the state mandates that the youth can not live in a house with mold. We found mold in more than one home. If we had known that respite staff have less responsibilities, better pay, and there was no way to advance to that position, then we would have asked for "respite pay" or asked to be considered as a respite team.

Direct Support Interview

Direct Support
Providence, RI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Spurwink Services.

Interview Details – interview and hiring process was long

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none

Direct Support Professional Interview

Direct Support Professional

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Spurwink Services in June 2010.

Interview Details – The application is all electronic initially. I was contacted by someone within a couple weeks. The actual 1:1 interview took place at one of the therapeutic homes, which I thought was a great touch. We talked about the position, the clients, and my potential fit. We then toured the facility I would be working at. I heard back within one week and then filled out forms for a background check, etc. Overall, everyone was very pleasant and helpful.

Interview Question – How do you feel about using physical restraints on clients?   Answer Question

Worked for Spurwink Services? Contribute to the Community!