SquareTrade

Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Agent Interview

Claims Agent
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SquareTrade in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process at SquareTrade involves multiple managers asking you various questions about your work ethic, your goals for success and your knowledge of extended warranties. I enjoyed the supervisors and their dedication to the work.

Interview Question – They asked hypothetical questions that involved complex math solving, something I'm not very good at.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made me sign a welcome contract.

Accountant Interview

Accountant

Interviewed at SquareTrade

Interview Details – Great experience. Nice people and fantastic office.

Interview Question – Core values questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SquareTrade.

Interview Details – Scheduling the interview was fine, but the interviewers were all running late. I suppose it was a busy day.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at SquareTrade in April 2012.

Interview Details – good , responsive, quick

Interview Question – nothing diffcult, you know minimum java, jboss you know better than the guy who is interviewing you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – as much as you can

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SquareTrade.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email a few days after I submitted my resume. A few days after that I had a phone interview with the HR person. Typical questions about background and skills were asked.

Interview Question – I was asked when I graduated college. Aren't they not supposed to ask that?   Answer Question

Entry Level Technical Support Interview

Entry Level Technical Support

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SquareTrade.

Interview Details – Applied online on their website and received a phone interview in about a week.
By the end of the week was called in for an in-person interview.
Met with a total of 5 people during the interview process and was told to wait until the end of the week for a response.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience?   View Answer

TV Technician/Analyst Interview

TV Technician/Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SquareTrade in September 2013.

Interview Details – I contacted Square Trade in response to an online ad by sending in a cover letter and resume via email. About a week later I got a response email from their HR Recruiter, who set up a phone interview with me. After the phone interview was nearly over the recruiter said she was interested in pursuing my candidacy further and asked when I could come in for an in-person interview. She said their hiring time table was a little crunched so I would need to come in as soon as possible.

The in-person interview turned out to be 3 in-person interviews in succession, the first with a colleague from the team I would be working with and one of the team managers, the second with two higher up managers, and the third with one of the managers from a different team. All of them were very courteous and welcoming, and asked many of the same questions, but not to an extent I felt put on the spot.

Interview Question – 1. Has there ever been an instance where you overrode company policy in favor of customer service?

2. Please describe yourself in three words
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was mostly verbal, with a couple of edits to the cover letter before acceptance

Channel Manager: Training and Development Interview

Channel Manager: Training and Development

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SquareTrade in May 2013.

Interview Details – From the initial communication through the entire cycle of events that transpired during the interview and hiring process, I have never seen a better and more coordinated series of events. From the Director of Talent Aquisition through the entire team, the communication was seamless. I received a call to set up a 1 hour interview with the Sr. Manager. Immediately after I conversed with the Sr. Manager, I received a follow-up call from the DOTA with feedback from my interview. The entire process was scoped out for me at that point and all points have transpired. From the phone interviews to the in-person interview process to the timely feedback, I was at ease and able to focus on how my abilities would help the company grow.

Interview Question – Salary is always a point of contention with prospective candidates. If I answer to high, will they look elsewhere? If I answer to low, will they go below market value? Instead of the question, it was proposed as more of a conversation. What am I making currently and what would my ideal salary be?   View Answer

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SquareTrade in October 2012.

Interview Details – My interview was set up by a recruiter. There was an initial phone interview with a Director-level SquareTrade employee, then about a week later an in person interview. The phone screen was standard for Silicon Valley: 30-60 minutes, both of us talked a fair amount, no hardball questions, mostly to get a feel for the candidate and the company.

The in person interview was also similar to a lot of Software companies: Three technical people interviewed me, plus I talked to the Director of HR. In all cases they solicited questions from me, told me about their role, their view of the company, expected direction, etc. They asked about my experience, how I would handle certain situations, and technologies with which I am familiar. One interviewer posed more technical questions than the others.

No one was pushy, arrogant or rude, or conducted an inquisition in terms of interview style. Everything happened punctually, from the first phone screen to the in person interview. Their answers to the questions I asked made me think SquareTrade is a good place to work, and is trying to manage its growth the right way.

Interview Question – One interviewer asked "soft" questions about the best way to implement a solution to a certain problem.   View Answer

SQA Engineer Interview

SQA Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SquareTrade in July 2012.

Interview Details – SquareTrade's interview process was very accommodating and transparent. I had a great initial phone screen with a member of the QA team. She asked some basic technical questions, it wasn't too hard. But I really enjoyed her telling me all about SquareTrade's culture and the team environment.

I heard back from the recruiter within a couple of days, and came in for an in person interview. The interview was pretty long, but informative; I got to meet all levels of people I'd be working with. The onsite technical tests were much more challenging, and went into more applicable (less general) questions.

In the end, I got a job offer from another company that's closer to home, but my experience with SquareTrade was great. If it wasn't for the location, I'm sure I'd be happily working there.

Interview Question – The first person I met with in person asked a lot of tough questions. The one that stumped me had to do with SQL: he gave me 2 tables and asked me to give a result set by joining the tables and using conditions. I'm not sure I aced it, but he was reassuring.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Honestly, the recruiter was very open with me from the start about $. The offer was what I expected, and it was good. The work seemed rewarding. But I got an offer closer to home that I knew would make my life easier.

Worked for SquareTrade? Contribute to the Community!