SquareTrade Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
18 interviews

2.9

Sales Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SquareTrade in April 2012.

Relatively structured process for being a small company. Met with a variety of staff but had to ask to talk with the main recruiter contact after the initial interview on site which was a bit odd. Instead of this person taking me to the interview locations I had to ask other people to speak with this person.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SquareTrade in August 2014.

Cancelled my 1st interview on my way there and seemed unapologetic about it. Then when I interviewed the next week they seemed uninterested content with mediocrity. I felt like this was one big waste of my time and this company, although it has a good service, has a poor infrastructure with disgruntled employees.

Interview Questions

I was just amazed that this company actually saw it as less of a value for a person to add value. It really seemed like this company was ok existing in a vacuum. The marketing department does a great job painting an inaccurate picture of this organization. I would take a job at this company no matter how much they paid. Oh and the pay is LOW! You can tell alot about a company by the way they treat their guests. First off my initial interview was cancelled less than an hour before it was scheduled and they were not even apologetic about it. I actaully contacted them to see if we could proceed.

Then after getting there I wasn't offered a drink of water or anything until half way into the interview. To top it all off they were fairly unapologetic about what happened with my cancelled interview. The biggest turn off was that two of the individuals had their phones on vibrate and picked it up during the interview.

I felt as though I had a great deal to bring to the table to improve the organization and they seemed to shun that. One individual even debated with me that in a company that is growing as fast as they are that the manager should keep to task and not spend any strategic time.

To Top it off the pay range is extremely LOW!

No Thanks!

Systems Administrator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at SquareTrade.

Found on Craigslist. Initial response was fast with 30min phone screen. The interview was comprehensive. Met 4 people on first visit. Questions were technical in nature and social for a culture fit.

Interview Questions
    • Though not a difficult question, they did ask to resolve a current issue with a netapp filer. It ended up being a networking question and was straight forward to resolve.   Answer Question
    Straight forward with no little back and forth. It was a fair market offer inline with expectations

Claims Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SquareTrade in October 2012.

The interview process at SquareTrade involves multiple managers asking you various questions about your work ethic, your goals for success and your knowledge of extended warranties. I enjoyed the supervisors and their dedication to the work.

Interview Questions
    • They asked hypothetical questions that involved complex math solving, something I'm not very good at.   Answer Question
    They made me sign a welcome contract.

Accountant Interview

Great experience. Nice people and fantastic office.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SquareTrade.

Scheduling the interview was fine, but the interviewers were all running late. I suppose it was a busy day.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at SquareTrade in April 2012.

good , responsive, quick

Interview Questions
    • nothing diffcult, you know minimum java, jboss you know better than the guy who is interviewing you   Answer Question
    as much as you can

Senior Accountant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at SquareTrade.

I was contacted via email a few days after I submitted my resume. A few days after that I had a phone interview with the HR person. Typical questions about background and skills were asked.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked when I graduated college. Aren't they not supposed to ask that?   Answer Question

Entry Level Technical Support Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SquareTrade.

Applied online on their website and received a phone interview in about a week.
    By the end of the week was called in for an in-person interview.
    Met with a total of 5 people during the interview process and was told to wait until the end of the week for a response.

TV Technician/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SquareTrade in September 2013.

I contacted Square Trade in response to an online ad by sending in a cover letter and resume via email. About a week later I got a response email from their HR Recruiter, who set up a phone interview with me. After the phone interview was nearly over the recruiter said she was interested in pursuing my candidacy further and asked when I could come in for an in-person interview. She said their hiring time table was a little crunched so I would need to come in as soon as possible.

The in-person interview turned out to be 3 in-person interviews in succession, the first with a colleague from the team I would be working with and one of the team managers, the second with two higher up managers, and the third with one of the managers from a different team. All of them were very courteous and welcoming, and asked many of the same questions, but not to an extent I felt put on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Has there ever been an instance where you overrode company policy in favor of customer service?

2. Please describe yourself in three words
        View Answer
    Negotiation was mostly verbal, with a couple of edits to the cover letter before acceptance

Worked for SquareTrade? Contribute to the Community!