Squarespace

Updated Nov 4, 2014
Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.8

Customer Care Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Squarespace in October 2014.

Submitted an application and heard back from them a few days later requesting a video interview. The video interview was 3 questions with 30 or 60 seconds to answer each question. The questions were why I wanted to work at Squarespace, what hospitality means to me, and favorite 90s jam.

After the video interview I was contacted a couple days later and asked to fill out a questionnaire detailing how I would deal with various problems with customers/co-workers and a few questions on how to use Squarespace.

I then met with them for an in person interview which was with 3 people. The questions were not too hard and it was a very relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions
  • How I would deal with a customer who has already spoken to several co-workers, is very pissed off, and nobody has solved the problem for him. I answered honestly that some customers will never be satisfied and there is just nothing you can do for them if what they want does not line up with what you offer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Squarespace

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Squarespace.

I submitted my resume on their website and heard back within a day or so (they were extremely prompt throughout the entire process). I was asked to do a video Q&A/v-log type thing, where I was asked to record myself answering three questions (Why Squarespace? What is hospitality? Favorite 90's Jam?). Each video gave you 30 seconds of prep-time, then 30-60 seconds to record your answer and you only get one shot at it.

A few days later I was asked to come in for an interview with two people, both of whom were really great. They mostly just wanted to know about you as a person, things like your skills, your hobbies and interests, that kind of thing.

Less than a week later I received a call back with an offer, which I was absolutely thrilled to accept.

Interview Questions
    • What did you find the most difficult when you were using Squarespace?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they tell you what the pay will be ahead of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Squarespace in May 2014.

I applied online in March and they reached out via email to let me know that they were interested, but their Portland office was in the process of getting set up. A month later I was contacted to do a video interview. The vlog was three questions with 60 seconds prep and 30 seconds to answer the questions. A lot harder than I expected it to be. Not the questions, but the talking to no one and recording yourself part.

After a couple of weeks I was asked to take an online assessment. I was familiar with Squarespace, so it wasn't too difficult. Many questions and scenarios regarding how you would solve workplace disputes and then a section on using the platform itself. It was about a week and a half later that I was contacted to schedule an in-person interview.

The workplace is super casual. My interviewers were in denim, khakis, a t-shirt, and a casual button up. Definitely speaks to the tech culture. Regular interview questions asking about my customer service background followed up by a more casual section. It went really well.

I was contacted by the end of the week and have accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you know that you have been successful in your current position?   Answer Question
    Hourly wage was non-negotiable. Was actually stated in the email before my in-person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Squarespace in May 2014.

The process started with a video "interview," in which I had to record answers to several standard interview questions. A week later, they followed up with a typing test and several written questions. A week after that, they invited me into the office for an in-person interview. It seemed to go well, and they promised to get back to me within a few days. Finally, after one more week went by, they sent me a form e-mail "declining to proceed" with my candidacy.

Customer Care Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Squarespace.

The company seems to be growing pretty rapidly and are currently undergoing a mass hire. I found their ad on Craigslist and sent my cover letter and and resume via Jobvite. I received a response via Jobvite asking to do a video interview. I logged on and answered three questions. I should note that this wasn't a Skype interview, it was similar to creating a vlog. About a week or so after that I received an email from someone at Squarespace asking to me complete an online assessment due in 24 hours. It took me about 3 hours. They generally want to see how much you know about the product and how you would interact with customers and potential co-workers. I then received an email a few days later asking to come in for a face to face interview. I met with one of the training coordinators and the scheduling coordinator. They asked basic interview questions, followed by more personal questions, such as "What's your favorite genre of music?" " What was the last album you listened to in it's entirety?"

No negotiable salary,

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Squarespace in November 2013.

I applied online and received an e-mail the next day with more information on the position and an opportunity for a Skype interview.

My interviewer called my phone instead, which wasn't a problem, but it was slightly confusing, as I had been waiting for 20 minutes on Skype. After the phone interview, I moved onto an online skills assessment. From there, the recruiter offered me an opportunity to interview in person at the office. Unfortunately, they rescheduled twice because of conflicts on their end. It's understandable that things come up, but I had to wonder if the whole process was unorganized or if this was just the case for me.

During my in-person interview, I met with the person who had interviewed me via phone as well as one of his colleagues. He asked nearly the same questions in-person as he did on the phone, which surprised me slightly, as I'd already gone into great detail on the phone. He didn't seem to remember anything that we chatted about on the phone. I know he must interview a lot of people, but in the future, notes would be helpful.

A week after the interview, I received an e-mail saying that Squarespace had decided no to move forward with my candidacy.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you unique? With which breed of dog do you most associate? What is your favorite holiday and why? As you've been at your current position for such a short time, what makes you certain that you won't leave us after only a short time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Squarespace.

First was a phone interview what was actually supposed to be a Skype interview, but ended up just calling me. Normal interview questions, mixed with fun ones. Like: What's the last song you listened to? What color would you be if you could be one?

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult must explain how you problem solve and deal with conflict.   View Answers (2)
    No Negotiation

Customer Care Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Squarespace.

My experience began with being contacted by a recruiter. We had set up a time to interview and I was told I would be contacted by phone by someone in that department. When the time for the interview came, I never received a call. I then followed up the recruiter and attempted to reschedule. I never received a response. I waited until the next week and followed up a second time and received a reply to set up an interview with the recruiter instead. Once on the phone with the recruiter, I was told several excuses for why I never received the first call from the original interviewer which I felt was very unprofessional.

The interview went very well. The recruiter I spoke with was very nice and provided a lot of good information about the company and the industry.

Once the interview was over I was told we would set up an interview with the original interviewer at some point in the next 2 weeks if they decided to move forward. I followed up 2 weeks later after not hearing back, and got no response. I waited another week and followed up again, and finally got a response saying they were not going to move forward with any additional interviews.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very general interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Customer Care Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Squarespace.

I applied online. A week later I was sent a skills test which included some questions about the product and a couple of questions regarding office policy. Then I was invited for a face-to-face interview with the Customer Care Manager and the Team Lead. Just a few days later I was made offer.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had something gone completely wrong?
      If you could have a superpower, what would it be?

Answer Question

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Squarespace in October 2014.

I applied online and few days later I was sent a skills test which included:

1. Language test
    2. Typing speed test
    3. Company based questions:

After a week I have sent an email asking for a feedback and couple of days after they replied saying they had decided to not proceed with my candidacy.

Interview Questions
    • - Where would you go if you wanted to change your site title?
      - Which countries have the ability to sell products through Squarespace Commerce?
      - Where would you go to add a page specific banner if your template allowed for it?

Answer Question