Squarespace Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.8

Customer Care Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Squarespace (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a three step process, involving a video interview, an online evaluation and an in person interview. It was more intense than I was expecting, but totally worth it. I hated the video interview, because I felt weird talking to my phone, but if you take your time and prepare, like I did, it should go fine.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your tech news?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Squarespace.

Interview

Applied on-line. Received link to online interview. Was given the chance to practice with test questions. Accidentally pressed to start interview you are only given one chance to move forward so pay attention to what you are clicking. Also make sure your are together I am very new to an online interview. Then you are given three questions and approx. 45 secs to respond.

Customer Operations Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Squarespace (Portland, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume online. Shortly thereafter, received an email instructing me to answer 3 basic questions via an automated video interview process. Leading up to the 3 questions you are able to practice and prepare. When it is time to record your response to the 3 questions...you only get one take. So give it your best shot! Good luck!

Customer Care Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Squarespace in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted an application and heard back from them a few days later requesting a video interview. The video interview was 3 questions with 30 or 60 seconds to answer each question. The questions were why I wanted to work at Squarespace, what hospitality means to me, and favorite 90s jam. After the video interview I was contacted a couple days later and asked to fill out a questionnaire detailing how I would deal with various problems with customers/co-workers and a few questions on how to use Squarespace. I then met with them for an in person interview which was with 3 people. The questions were not too hard and it was a very relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• How I would deal with a customer who has already spoken to several co-workers, is very pissed off, and nobody has solved the problem for him. I answered honestly that some customers will never be satisfied and there is just nothing you can do for them if what they want does not line up with what you offer.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Squarespace in October 2014.

Interview

Applied and got an email invitation to interview via video about a month later. Video was made up of 3 questions - 1) Why do you want to work here? 2) What is customer service to you? 3) Whats your favorite 90s jam? I think there might've been a 4th question but it was pretty straight forward and expected if anything. A few days after i submitted the video portion, I received and assessment to test my typing speed, product knowledge and customer service skills. Took about 3-4 hours to finish. Nothing too difficult just loaded, open ended questions. A few days after that I got an invitation to come in for an interview that week. After sending over my availability i didn't hear back for over a week. I emailed them again to see if they were still interested and quickly received an email with an apology asking for my availability for the following week. I sent it over and was told Wednesday would be a good day to come in. I accepted and asked what would be a good time on Wednesday - did not hear back. The day before we were supposed to meet I emailed them again to ask what time would be best to come in. I immediately got an email with an apology and we rescheduled again for the following week. No explanations for all the rescheduling were provided. The in person interview was with two people, very laid back as others have said. They let you know right off the bat that the works not hard so they want they definitely want to see if you'd fit in with the culture as the assessment is proof you can already do the job. They ask questions about yourself and tell you about the job with a few questions on customer service. Lasted about an hour. I felt really good about it, it was one of the easiest interviews I'd ever had. I was told I'd hear back from them with an answer (either yes or no) a week later. Almost 2 weeks later I hadn't heard anything so I emailed asking for an update but still, I have yet to hear back.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Squarespace.

Interview

First part of the interview process was an online test. Basically you receive a link in an email to an online test and as soon as you click it the timer starts. The time limit was a week however the test shouldn't take that long. They only gave me one question in this online test and it was to implement a min heap (I did it in Java but I don't think it matters what language you use). Unfortunately that was as far as I got, got a rejection email within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Squarespace (Portland, OR).

Interview

I submitted my resume on their website and heard back within a day or so (they were extremely prompt throughout the entire process). I was asked to do a video Q&A/v-log type thing, where I was asked to record myself answering three questions (Why Squarespace? What is hospitality? Favorite 90's Jam?). Each video gave you 30 seconds of prep-time, then 30-60 seconds to record your answer and you only get one shot at it. A few days later I was asked to come in for an interview with two people, both of whom were really great. They mostly just wanted to know about you as a person, things like your skills, your hobbies and interests, that kind of thing. Less than a week later I received a call back with an offer, which I was absolutely thrilled to accept.

Interview Questions

• What did you find the most difficult when you were using Squarespace?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they tell you what the pay will be ahead of time.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Squarespace.

Interview

The online portion was fantastic. The test itself did rely on some puzzles that required to think outside the box. On the other hand, the on-site interview was quite underwhelming. Certainly, it makes sense to test the questions that they required. However, when a company touts that they are competing with Google and Facebook for talent, one can easily see that Squarespace certainly sets a much different and much lower bar for engineering. The questions asked would never be able to gauge much besides an individual's bare minimum ability to do the job. Every company does have their interview process. However, I wouldn't place this company at the caliber of tech giants, but certainly above many startups.

Interview Questions

• Perhaps making the tests pass in the online portion was the hardest part.   Answer Question

Supervisor Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Squarespace (Portland, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online in February and was contacted about 3 weeks later by a recruiter from NY who explained they were still hiring for managers then would contact me for an interview when that person was hired. End of April I got an email to complete the vlog interview which consisted of 4-5 questions. You get about 30 seconds to prep for each answer and just one take at recording it so get your notes ready before you start the process. Standard questions: What are traits of a strong supervisor? Your strengths and weaknesses? Also a more personal and off-the-wall question as many other reviewers have mentioned. Two weeks later I got another email to complete the online assessment and typing test. The typing test is from an online site and you post your score so don't stress over this one (unless you are not a good typist, then you might be looking in the wrong field). The online assessment was fairly detailed so do your homework ahead of time: There are a few questions about how you would handle specific scenarios in the workplace. What is the difference between Squarespace 5 and 6? What are the steps to log in to your Squarespace site? How would you go about changing the color of your navigation links? Which countries have the ability to sell products through Squarespace Commerce? Name 5 types of blocks that can be added on your site. Name 5 types of pages that can be added to your site. Two weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter to come in for an in-person interview the following week. That interview was with two employees consisting of standard interview questions: How does your experience relate? What can you bring to the team? Also a few more tech-based questions: Where do you go for your tech news? I left that interview feeling great, thought I might be a good personality match. Got an email the following week that they decided not to move forward. Even though I was not offered the position, it was a positive experience, I don't have anything negative to say other than the length of time the whole thing took to then get rejected. They seem to be looking for something specific and I was not that person... gl

Interview Questions

• In vlog, was asked to name three companies that provide great service. It wasn't hard, just unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Squarespace (Portland, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online in March and they reached out via email to let me know that they were interested, but their Portland office was in the process of getting set up. A month later I was contacted to do a video interview. The vlog was three questions with 60 seconds prep and 30 seconds to answer the questions. A lot harder than I expected it to be. Not the questions, but the talking to no one and recording yourself part. After a couple of weeks I was asked to take an online assessment. I was familiar with Squarespace, so it wasn't too difficult. Many questions and scenarios regarding how you would solve workplace disputes and then a section on using the platform itself. It was about a week and a half later that I was contacted to schedule an in-person interview. The workplace is super casual. My interviewers were in denim, khakis, a t-shirt, and a casual button up. Definitely speaks to the tech culture. Regular interview questions asking about my customer service background followed up by a more casual section. It went really well. I was contacted by the end of the week and have accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you know that you have been successful in your current position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly wage was non-negotiable. Was actually stated in the email before my in-person interview.