St. Christopher's Hospital for Children

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call on a Monday to come in for an interview on Wednesday of the same week. When I arrived the office was crowded and I could tell that they where in desperate need of help. I arrived on time but had to wait about 20 minutes after my scheduled interview time due to the office being super crowded with patients and the staff including the manager,who interviewed me where very busy handling patients. When the manager finally came out to bring me back to be interviewed she seemed to be in a rush. She asked me typical interview questions and then told me about the position.She sent me to the hospital's HR department where I interviewed again with a recruiter who asked more typical interview questions (tell me about yourself, why saint Christopher's, ect..) After that interview she gave me a benefits packet which was a packet telling about the benefits their employees receive and told me that she would contact me within the same week.

Unit Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children.

Interview

My acutual interview was great..it was about 20mins.. My manager asked my questions specific to the job title and unit. In our unit its important to multi-task and manage time correctly, that was one thing that was bought up during the interview. Medical terminology is preferred, however, if you dont have medical terminology..please study and/or volunteer in the hospital prior to applying to the position . You may have a better chance of being selected. Other than that the interview itself was a very typical interview

Negotiation

I negoiated a .10 cent increase (they need to pay more for the quality of work they are asking for)

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

After phone interview there was a long silence. I then received a request to interview with three different people in three different buildings on three different days. All asked the same questions. After 3 weeks I received a call to go to another interview. By then having no feedback to my thank you letters or interviews, I had taken another position.

Interview Questions

• What will you do when I call you frustrated because I need more nurses?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse - ED Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2007.

Interview

New graduate dinner, on the spot interview. Shadowed in the ED 2 months later with a staff nurse for a total of 4 hours during the busiest time of day. Staff nurse discussed her opinions with manager and clinical coordinator, I then rec'd letter offer in the mail 3 months post initial interview. One copy was for mine to keep and one to send in. They just rec'd magnet status but the morale in department was less than great. Management appeared to listen but didn't really tackle the issues at hand.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would change about yourself?   Answer Question
    • If you were faced with a co-worker that you didn't get along with how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate as a new graduate. Base hourly rate. NO room to negotiate, or at leaset they didn't tell you there was an option for that.