St. Edward's

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Director of Student Life Interview

Associate Director of Student Life

I applied online and interviewed at St. Edward's.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was your standard Higher Education process. First there was 30 minute phone interview, then I was able to land a on campus interview. During the on campus you get to meet the entire community , which is great. It was a good enough time for me to ask questions and for them to ask questions. I also got to see Austin.

Interview Question – Most difficult questions were based on philosophy and what I would do it certain situations.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker

I applied through college or university and interviewed at St. Edward's.

Interview Details – I applied online which was short and sweet. About one week later, I got an interview for the three positions I applied for. The interview took up to about 20 minutes and I was the only person being interview. It was a little intimidating, especially because 2-3 people were asking questions, but the interviewers were very personable. They really try to get to know who they are interviewing and definitely value a personable personality. Just go in and be yourself!

Interview Question – What are some past experiences that have helped you prepare for the positions that you've applied to?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Office Administrative Interview

Office Administrative
Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at St. Edward's in May 2010.

Interview Details – very informal perhaps because I was student, was just told to report to work the next day

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Advisor Interview

Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at St. Edward's.

Interview Details – I worked as a student for several years and after graduation was asked if I would be interested in the position. Lots of people are hired this way and several of my colleagues who have been employed for decades began working immediately after they graduated. If you are a student worker and think you might want to work at SEU, you should treat your work-study job as you would any real world job (show up on time, stay focused, don't be reading or doing homework etc.). Even if you don't get hired on in the job you want intially, it's much easier to make a move to a better job within the university once you've established yourself.

Interview Question – Tell me why you should have this job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This was my first career type job offer and I did not even consider trying to negotiate for anything. I think that may have actually helped though, because I seemed so eager just to have the position regardless of earning potential. I was initially offered a much lower salary than I ended up getting as well which was a wonderful surprise, but I didn't ask for it.

Worked for St. Edward's? Contribute to the Community!