St. John Providence Health System

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.4

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. John Providence Health System (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard, all the usual questions. We went over my resume including work history and experience. It was a panel interview with the dept. Manager and the coordinator. I also met with two lead processors, a peer interview, if you will. It all went really well. If you have experience of course you have a really good chance to get hired. There is a typing test that you take online.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at St. John Providence Health System (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview questions are all behavioural and situation based, so be prepared to tell a few applicable stories. The interview is nice and easy and done in a conversation style and they make you feel welcome for the most part. My interview was done with two people, but they said that the main manager was out of town and i would be asked for a second one later. They are easy if you have a lot of diverse life experience to draw situations from, but difficult as sometimes the questions are too specific or too vague. For instance one off the questions assumed that you have a certain personality weakness, and this is actually my strength so it was hard to come up with a situation where i struggled.. There was a competency portion where i felt that the interveiwer was not listening to me, and would tell me the right answer.. and that was exactly what i had said

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you made a decision that did not turn out as you had planned?   Answer Question

Food Service Worker Interview

Interview

I met with the Food Service manager and was asked several questions. There were many interviews going on around me at the same time.The interview itself was not difficult. It took management about one month after I applied to get a hold of me for an interview. Then it took an additional several weeks to actually get hired in.

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at St. John Providence Health System (Novi, MI).

Interview

Panel Interview, phone screen, manager interview and peer interview. all straight forward behavioral and situational interview questions as expected. in person interview took about an hour, received call from HR with offer about 1 week after. follow up with pre employment physical and drug screen prior to start date

Admitting Registration Clerk Interview

Interview

Stress is on how well you deal with patient's, if you take negative personalities personally or if you have the ability to put everything into perspective and remember that you are dealing with sick people and have no idea what they are going through and be empathetic(this may be just my view because I feel this is the mentality you should have when dealing with patient's) Also, you are viewed for your ability to work overtime if the need arises as this dept is a 24hr operation.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if faced with a patient for admission that is physically ill (noticeably scarred, horribly disfigured)?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. John Providence Health System in May 2014.

Interview

After completion of an online application, I was called for a personal interview. scheduled the next day, the Interview went seamlessly. The manager was concise, professional, and thoroughly detailed job description, expectations and benefits package, along with introducing me to the staff and doctors I would be working with. I have not been offered this position yet, but the manager did say she wanted me to start immediately.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, all questions leaded towards experience and skills.   1 Answer

Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. John Providence Health System (Warren, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed at the Macomb site. Spent 40 minutes driving to interview. Recruiter refused to I interview me because she would not accept my BLS certification. Told me I could go work at a nursing home. Recruiter was rude and did not appear to have read my resume or to have seen it.

Interview Questions

• I only got rude questions about my resume she did not read.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. John Providence Health System in January 2014.

Interview

This was my third interview for the same job that keeps showing up on the website. It was very straight forward and the people were nice but it's frustrating to keep getting called in for interviews and never getting an offer when I have 7 years of experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you act when you don't like a co-worker?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. John Providence Health System (Warren, MI) in August 2009.

Interview

Easy, panel interview