St. John's University

Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.4

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at St. John's University in September 2014.

The hiring manager was able to coordinate a one-day interview during one of their busiest events on campus for me, which I was immensely impressed and thankful for!

The hiring manger contacted me directly. I spent very little time with human resources.

I was hired, and I did find their New Hire Orientation somewhat lacking. I started off-orientation, but learned more on my own that i did at the orientation itself (which was a half-day). My other experiences, employers required at least 1.5 to 2 full days to go through everything.

Little room for negotiation

Teaching Assistant Interview

Help students foe there classes. Meet the demands of grades and rank.....working culture is nice, people are friendly. Responisble for tutoring and grading. Also for protecting and helping professor.

Resident Safety Monitor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at St. John's University.

Easy. Make sure you have a connection to someone who has the Job. It will help you out in the long run. Be sure to stay positive. Remember, this is a still an interview and you should dress accordingly.

Front Desk Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at St. John's University.

Simple online application, faster response if you inquire directly

Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at St. John's University.

Hired directly out of college.

n/A

Graduate Assistant Interview

I planned to find a research associate position in San Francisco. I basically applied on line, but barely heard anything after a long time. Seems like jobs posted on line were not updated on time. I got interviews invitation only for the position that I know someone referred me to.

Senior Associate Director of Admissions Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at St. John's University in June 2013.

It a panel interview of four women. Three of the four rotated between asking the questions. None of the questions were difficult or out of the ordinary - it was actually their plainness that made them difficult to answer since you had to find ways to make yourself stand out

Assistant Interview

I was invited to interview and only came in once. There some sort of medical emergency and the person I was supposed to interview with got pulled away. I met several of my future superiors, all of whom were friendly and we all got along really well.

Library Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at St. John's University in January 2012.

Talk to library director and give your resume as soon as possible. He will put your name on a list. You get called in on first-come, first-serve basis.

Interview Questions
    • What days can you work? It's the hardest question, but it's very easy.   View Answer
    Every student worker gets paid the same.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at St. John's University in January 2012.

I was called in for an interview with the management department and they did a very good job at making me feel welcomed. We sat down and of course that had already done their h.w on me so most the interview was about getting a feel for my past experiences and where I see my self in the future.

Interview Questions
    They already had a set budget for my base pay. I came in knowing what I was going to get.