St. John's University Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015
Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.2

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at St. John's University.

Interview

Got interview call within days of applying. Except one person on the committee, rest looked at running a program in higher education as a cop shop. Instead of asking questions they just raved about jobs in their prior lives. Two were outright rude in the way that they asked questions. Did not ask any relevant questions. Just told me from the get go why I would not fit the program. I was left wondering for the whole duration why exactly did they call me? Didn't they read my resume? Waste of time and money (no mileage either). I wish there was an option of irrelevant under interview difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Did not ask any relevant questions. Just told me from the get go why I would not fit the program.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at St. John's University (Queens Village, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring manager was able to coordinate a one-day interview during one of their busiest events on campus for me, which I was immensely impressed and thankful for!

The hiring manger contacted me directly. I spent very little time with human resources.

I was hired, and I did find their New Hire Orientation somewhat lacking. I started off-orientation, but learned more on my own that i did at the orientation itself (which was a half-day). My other experiences, employers required at least 1.5 to 2 full days to go through everything.

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Help students foe there classes. Meet the demands of grades and rank.....working culture is nice, people are friendly. Responisble for tutoring and grading. Also for protecting and helping professor.

Resident Safety Monitor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at St. John's University.

Interview

Easy. Make sure you have a connection to someone who has the Job. It will help you out in the long run. Be sure to stay positive. Remember, this is a still an interview and you should dress accordingly.

Front Desk Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at St. John's University.

Interview

Simple online application, faster response if you inquire directly

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest flaw?   1 Answer

Events Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at St. John's University (Queens Village, NY).

Interview

Hired directly out of college.

Negotiation

n/A

Interview

I planned to find a research associate position in San Francisco. I basically applied on line, but barely heard anything after a long time. Seems like jobs posted on line were not updated on time. I got interviews invitation only for the position that I know someone referred me to.

Senior Associate Director of Admissions Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at St. John's University in June 2013.

Interview

It a panel interview of four women. Three of the four rotated between asking the questions. None of the questions were difficult or out of the ordinary - it was actually their plainness that made them difficult to answer since you had to find ways to make yourself stand out

Athletic Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at St. John's University (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was real quick. I interviewed with my supervisor and didn't need to be interviewed by Human Resources. The interview was one-on-one and very laid back. I wasn't asked any difficult questions at all. Just discussed availability, interests and what to expect out of the internship.

Assistant Interview

Interview

I was invited to interview and only came in once. There some sort of medical emergency and the person I was supposed to interview with got pulled away. I met several of my future superiors, all of whom were friendly and we all got along really well.