St. Johns County

Very Easy Interview

Urban Planner Interview

Urban Planner
Saint Augustine, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at St. Johns County in January 2014.

Interview Details – Director of Growth Managment showed up for interview about 1 hour late and forgot that she scheduled the interview. She clearly wasnt prepared. She played with her iphone throughout the interview

Interview Question – If you noticed corruption or fraud within the department what would you do? Sometimes we have to make deals with some of the bigger applicants, how do you feel about that?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at St. Johns County in February 2013.

Interview Details – Face to face interview with a panel including the hiring manager. Generally the interview lasts about 45 minutes. Fairly quick feedback.

Interview Question – How do you handle motivating staff who may not be excited about your hiring.   Answer Question

Marine Rescue Lifeguard Interview

Marine Rescue Lifeguard
Saint Augustine, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at St. Johns County in March 2012.

Interview Details – My first contact was at the tryout. You must be able to swim 500 meters in less than 10 minutes and run .5 miles in less than 3 minutes. Everyone who passed the tryout was able to attend marine rescue academy - a lengthy and time consuming training course. It was four weeks long, met three days a week (Tues-Thurs) for classroom time and a workout and on Sundays almost the whole day for a little more class time and a LOT more physical training. At the end of the course, there is a written exam, a physical exam (the Gauntlet), and an oral exam as well as an interview. Everyone in my class who made it to exam day was hired.

Interview Question – The Gauntlet was difficult. Everyone was exhausted. It was hard.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Everyone who passed the physical, oral and written exams was hired. Everyone who finished the course and took the exams passed.

Urban Planner Interview

Urban Planner
Saint Augustine, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ months - interviewed at St. Johns County in January 2008.

Interview Details – Asked several questions like "Are you related to _____" and "How long have you lived in St. Augustine". Very unorganized took over 4 months to make offer on position.

Interview Question – Are you married ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take or leave it negotiation

Worked for St. Johns County? Contribute to the Community!