St Johns County School District

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at St Johns County School District

Custodian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St Johns County School District (Saint Augustine, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Application process lengthy; thorough background and reference checks; had to get on my references to send in forms; once that was settled got call for an interview which turned out to be a job description and interviewer bragging about their accomplishments; I actually drove 200 miles and a hotel stay overnight; got home rejection letter waiting

Language Arts, High School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Johns, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St Johns County School District (Saint Johns, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with the principal and 2 curriculum teachers. It was pretty formal and consisted of 6 questions. First one was to tell them about myself, there was one about what I found most beneficial in my occupation, and some about classroom management. I made a portfolio, but wasn't given the chance to show it. The interview lasted about 25 minutes. Not sure when I will hear from them, but I wanted to write this while the information was still fresh. Good Luck!

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at St Johns County School District (Saint Augustine, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

Hiring and Interview is fairly easy. Generally meet with P/AP and other staff members, usually the grade level team which you are applying for, and are asked many questions about situations, standards and how you plan to teach.

Interview Questions

• How would you teach a lesson on rocks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St Johns County School District (Ponte Vedra Beach, FL) in June 2008.

Interview

Interview with Principal and teacher panel representing different grades at elementary school. Panel consisted of talented and not so talented teachers. Be friendly and specific about your skills. They like flash and the latest educational buzz....they are attracted to young hires....not so much educator experience and manner with children.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St Johns County School District (Saint Augustine, FL) in January 2007.

Interview

Short phone interview and short in-person interview.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St Johns County School District in May 2010.

Interview

Submitted application on line, applied for position on line, got called to interview, no call afterward.

Interview Questions

• You appear to be a very calm person, are you always this calm?   Answer Question
    • What is your strategy for assisting students struggling with FCAT reading?   Answer Question