St. Joseph Health System

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at St. Joseph Health System in May 2010.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from an HR employee asking me to interview for a position as a case manager, although I had actually applied for a job as a staff nurse. I met the qualifications and that's how badly they needed to fill the position! The interview was 2 parts in the same day. I met with several members of the department, including 2 managers, around a table and they asked me a list of questions that I'm sure they asked everyone. "Tell us about an experience with a patient that changed you" is the only one I can remember now. I also met with the same woman from HR at a different office and she asked me more general questions. A few days later I received a call offering me the position and had to take a drug test, health physical etc.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation and how you handled it" etc.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at St. Joseph Health System.

Interview Details – Phone interview was very informal. It clearly showed the recruiter had not read her emails with information she requested prior to the interview. She also did not seem prepared at all. She was very rude and arrogant. If this is the first contact to a company and it is so rude, it shows how the company and department is. I think the recruiter is similar to the receptionist of a company. They are the first window into the company and if they are rude and nasty, it may be an indication to how the company treats their employees. I was not expecting such rudeness especially since the recruiter was the one seeking me out.

Interview Question – the unexpected questions came from information the recruiter already had gained from email communication.   Answer Question

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Call Center Supervisor
Apple Valley, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at St. Joseph Health System in May 2013.

Interview Details – The ad was in the Newpaper and I had applied. One weel later I was called for the position. I had interview and I was called back for a second more broader interview with a group. I was asked question from three different individuals and this lasted 45 mins. Medical questions and of course ny resume and work history

Interview Question – What at this time the amount I would accept?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at St. Joseph Health System.

Interview Details – All I can say is this group was very in experienced at interviewing- not authentic- did not allow the candidate to ask any questions- it was a 1 way interview

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at St. Joseph Health System in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was a pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I didn't need to negotiate, they gave me more than I expected.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at St. Joseph Health System in January 2009.

Interview Details – I had a 1:1 interview with a recruiter for a service similar to one I had previously worked for. I declined because it was not suitable to my life situation at present.

Interview Question – What Attracts you this field of work?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It was a 24hr shift job, and not suitable for me at that time.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for St. Joseph Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at St. Joseph Health System interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by St. Joseph Health System employees and interview candidates.