St. Joseph’s Healthcare System Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System (Paterson, NJ).

Interview

Met with HR and had a shortened behavioral interview and had one panel interview with several IT Managers and staff as well as the CIO. The CIO left early due to another meeting which I guess in the end was a sign that I wasn't going to get this position.

I thought the interviews went well and was even told to contact my references to let them know that they may be contacted. Of course my references were never contacted which was embarrassing because they kept telling me that they never heard from the company.

RN/BSN Interview

Interview

It was a seamless process and very casual.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at St. Joseph’s Healthcare System in May 2008.

Interview

Not very good with responding or following up with application for the job that was posted. My advice would be to keep calling not only recruiters, human resources, but get the name of person responsible for interviewing and contact them and explain and tell them who you are and that you would appreciate and would like the opportunity to interview for the position that is open. Be persistent!

Interview Questions

• Explain why you would like to be employed by the institution and tell what attributes you would be able to bring to the unit that you would be working on and then be able to discuss how you would respond in certain clinical situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate base rate of pay, but be willing to be flexible with the shifts that you would be available because your end result is to get your foot in the door.