St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center

Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center

Staff Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center.

Interview

A simple behavioral interview. With a one on one individual. The were very nice and polite. Ask also education and personal question. Tried to to an all around understand of who you are.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through and describe a time when you had to over coming a task with limited information?
      What did you do to gain your team members trust?

Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2011.

Interview

Pretty easy, meet with the PI. He asked about my background. It seemed that once he verified my KSA, he wanted to see if he like me. The hard part is after getting hired, all personnel needs to attend orientation and they only have it twice a month - the 1st and 15th. You can't start work until you have had orientation and processed your paper work. From start to finish, I had to wait 4-5 months for my first pay check :(

Scientist Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in February 2009.

Interview

Generally I am satisfied with the interview process. Several senior people participated in the interview and asked lots of questions. I gave a professional presentation afterwards and met and chatted with them one by one.

Interview Questions

• Why you chose St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center?   Answer Question

Research Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in September 2007.

Interview

I had worked at the hospital as a staff nurse prior to taking the research position. I let co-workers know I was interested in getting into research and when a position opened, I was asked to apply.

Interview Questions

• I had worked at a number of other hospitals over the years so the interview expressed concern that it looked as if I "job hopped". I had to explain why I chose new employers, which correlated with time of unemployment with the birth of each of my three children.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate. I simply took what they offered. I will be more assertive with my next career move.