St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center

Interviews for Top Jobs at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in December 2011.

Pretty easy, meet with the PI. He asked about my background. It seemed that once he verified my KSA, he wanted to see if he like me. The hard part is after getting hired, all personnel needs to attend orientation and they only have it twice a month - the 1st and 15th. You can't start work until you have had orientation and processed your paper work. From start to finish, I had to wait 4-5 months for my first pay check :(

Scientist Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in February 2009.

Generally I am satisfied with the interview process. Several senior people participated in the interview and asked lots of questions. I gave a professional presentation afterwards and met and chatted with them one by one.

Interview Questions
    • Why you chose St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center?   Answer Question

Research Nurse Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in September 2007.

I had worked at the hospital as a staff nurse prior to taking the research position. I let co-workers know I was interested in getting into research and when a position opened, I was asked to apply.

Interview Questions
    • I had worked at a number of other hospitals over the years so the interview expressed concern that it looked as if I "job hopped". I had to explain why I chose new employers, which correlated with time of unemployment with the birth of each of my three children.   Answer Question
    I didn't really negotiate. I simply took what they offered. I will be more assertive with my next career move.