St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Scientist Interview

Scientist

Interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Interview Details – Applied online and received email about the phone interview date, get the phone interview about 30 min. after a week got the notice for onsite interview. Two weeks later, I was noticed no offer.

Interview Question – There is no unexpected question.   Answer Question

Research Tech Interview

Research Tech
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in April 2013.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview and onsite interview..they paid for my onsite interview, gave me relocation benefits, helped me with housing.. Memphis city is not that great as such but St Jude is very famous

Interview Question – it was an easy interview, mainly concerned how well you get along with ppl   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – ask for more salary!

IT Position Interview

IT Position
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Interview Details – Very unprofessional setting - Interviews held by (old and senior individuals not upgraded their skills needed for their jobs) and their unqualified employees to intimidate you at the interview with the support of hospital management team and HR gang....every where the motto is "Stjude way" (looks like corruption and illegal method is the motto) and one of them will make sure you get the message, if you're smart enough to feel it. Otherwise, you'll be a victim in the long run.

Interview Question – It depends - IT department and HR department don't value quality, education, experience, or respect your view being a professional - because those individuals are right hands of the management team and party goers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Recruiter was very knowledgeable and she was gone before joined to work within few months. It looks like outside contractor.

St Jude Children's Research Hospial Interview

St Jude Children's Research Hospial

Interview Details – It was a nice interview. People were friendly

Interview Question – Almost got stumped by a technical question.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and three weeks later I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview for a week later. The phone interview was about 30 min long. Awkwardly long pauses in between answers so that interviewer could type in my responses. After reading all of the reviews, I was prepared for the type of questions, but found the overall interview difficult.

Interview Question – All questions were behavioral type questions:
Tell me why you left your last position
Tell me a specific time you worked on a team and had favorable/non-favorable results
Tell me what you liked and disliked about your last position
Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond a goal
Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team
Tell me how you organize your day and time
Tell me about a time when you had to be creative to come up with a solution
  View Answer

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Recruiting Assistant
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Interview Details – Had a phone pre-screening with a recruiter, went over the details of the position, then asked behavioral questions. That process took about 30 mins. Got a call back the next day to set up for on site interview and yikes: You sit in this conference room and there are 3 rounds: Round 1: a behavioral interview with 3 other recruiters they will just stare at you and take notes, will prob ask follow up questions to your answers. All entirely behavioral. No questions about what do you know about our company, why did you apply, what are your strengths/weaknesses, nothing like that. Very intimidating setting. Round 2: They will leave, then two other recruiters will come and interview you basically asking general questions about your background then ask a couple behavioral interview questions. Round 3: testing on Word, Excel, Outlook. The interview process lasted about an hour and 10 mins. The testing will probably last an hour also depending upon how well you know MS Office. Got the rejection email a week later so they are good at following up and not leaving you hanging.

Interview Question – All the freaking questions were difficult! I hate behavioral interviews.   Answer Question

Benefits Analyst Interview

Benefits Analyst
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. This phase of the process is pure nuts and bolts. The interviewer seemed to be screening for qualifications (i.e. Give me an example of what you can do on microsoft word). I was asked to describe duties and previous jobs. About a week later I was informed that I had been one of the top 3 candidates and that I would be contacted to schedule an on-site interview. The on-site interview was a grueling 4hr affair. It included 2 rounds of interviews with the HR manager, the benefits manager, an analyst and the benefits coordinator. This was followed by skills testing in office, word and excel (kenexa: prove it). It may not take you 4hrs but it will certainly take longer than the 2.5 hrs they said in the email. There were many general questions (how does a job that changes goals frequently make you feel, describe a time that you dropped the ball) There were also a fair number of specific questions (describe a complex piece of information you had to advise about and how do you know they understood). The people were cordial and professional.

Research Technologist Interview

Research Technologist

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in October 2013.

Interview Details – Once I submitted an online application, the process took about two months to find out whether I was selected for an interview or not. There are two telephone interviews and then an onsite interview. I have not fully completed the interview process so I can only comment on the first two interviews. The first interview is with the recruiter and and they asked basic behavioral questions as pertaining to the lab. She was very straightforward and professional. The second interview was with the lab manager and seemed more like a conversation than an interview. Overall I've had a great experience and can only hope that the Onsite interview flows as smoothly. Keep in mind that I have not completed the interview process, so I have filled out this review as no offer.

Interview Question – When was a time when you did something that benefited the whole group and you did it because you wanted to, not because you were assigned it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Interview Details – The interview was very informal and laid-back, but maybe because she was inexperienced

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Research Fellow

Interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Interview Details – Academic Programs asked which faculty members I would consider working in, and after I gave them my preferences, they set-up the interview schedule. It's a one-day interview that began by giving a seminar that's open to the entire St. Jude community on my thesis research. The seminar is a standard 1 hour block with 45 minute talk and 15 minute question. Afterwards, there are 1-1 meetings with faculty members and members of their labs. Finally, there's an opportunity to give your lab preferences to Academic Programs and they will coordinate which faculty members similarly have preference.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, it's the same set of questions that I received during my thesis defense.   Answer Question

Worked for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital? Contribute to the Community!