St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

3.2

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Behavioral interview! Be ready to talk about past work experiences. You can't fake your way through this one.

I had one phone interview and then two panel interviews with 3-4 people in each. I then completed couple skills tests. The onsite interview lasted 2-3 hours and the phone interview was roughly 30 minutes.

The hiring process was real smooth. I completed background and drug screens as a part of the process.

Interview Questions
    • All questions can be difficult or hard depending on what you've done in the past and how well you can remember it.   Answer Question
    Pretty straight forward.

IT Category Position Interview

I applied online – interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Online application -> Phone interview -> ?

I heard some research departments in St.Jude are too biased in particular ethnic groups, and I presumed the dept I interviewed was like that. (I looked up their website, and it looked pretty much obvious..)

I could recognize the two interviewers’ ethnic group by their strong accent, and they only asked me a couple of questions. That was it. Later, I checked with their website to see who was selected, and someone who got the offer was also the same race as the interviewers. (They posted pictures of them.)

If they worked on more screening questions to verify me for the position, it would not be suspicious if they did not comply with the equal opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • What they specified ‘a plus but not required’ on the < EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS > seemed to be ‘required’; their only a few questions limited on ‘a plus but not required’ requirements.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online – interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in September 2014.

They contacted me quickly, but the decision was quite slow. I went through three interviews for one job and never had a chance at the last two for the position. I was disappointed as I had every qualification including the preferred ones.

Interview Questions
    • Vague question... Like what were my thoughts on a vague type idea the interviewer had.   Answer Question

Administration Interview

I applied online – interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in August 2014.

Took about four months from applying to interviewing. Interviewed with two individuals that asked challenging questions. Interviewing always makes me nervous but the team I interviewed with made the entire process comfortable. Overall I had a good experience but no offer.

Scientist Interview

Applied online and received email about the phone interview date, get the phone interview about 30 min. after a week got the notice for onsite interview. Two weeks later, I was noticed no offer.

IT Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Very unprofessional setting - Interviews held by (old and senior individuals not upgraded their skills needed for their jobs) and their unqualified employees to intimidate you at the interview with the support of hospital management team and HR gang....every where the motto is "Stjude way" (looks like corruption and illegal method is the motto) and one of them will make sure you get the message, if you're smart enough to feel it. Otherwise, you'll be a victim in the long run.

Interview Questions
    • It depends - IT department and HR department don't value quality, education, experience, or respect your view being a professional - because those individuals are right hands of the management team and party goers.   View Answer
    Recruiter was very knowledgeable and she was gone before joined to work within few months. It looks like outside contractor.

St Jude Children's Research Hospial Interview

It was a nice interview. People were friendly

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Had a phone pre-screening with a recruiter, went over the details of the position, then asked behavioral questions. That process took about 30 mins. Got a call back the next day to set up for on site interview and yikes: You sit in this conference room and there are 3 rounds: Round 1: a behavioral interview with 3 other recruiters they will just stare at you and take notes, will prob ask follow up questions to your answers. All entirely behavioral. No questions about what do you know about our company, why did you apply, what are your strengths/weaknesses, nothing like that. Very intimidating setting. Round 2: They will leave, then two other recruiters will come and interview you basically asking general questions about your background then ask a couple behavioral interview questions. Round 3: testing on Word, Excel, Outlook. The interview process lasted about an hour and 10 mins. The testing will probably last an hour also depending upon how well you know MS Office. Got the rejection email a week later so they are good at following up and not leaving you hanging.

Interview Questions
    • All the freaking questions were difficult! I hate behavioral interviews.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in January 2014.

I applied online and three weeks later I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview for a week later. The phone interview was about 30 min long. Awkwardly long pauses in between answers so that interviewer could type in my responses. After reading all of the reviews, I was prepared for the type of questions, but found the overall interview difficult.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were behavioral type questions:
      Tell me why you left your last position
      Tell me a specific time you worked on a team and had favorable/non-favorable results
      Tell me what you liked and disliked about your last position
      Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond a goal
      Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team
      Tell me how you organize your day and time
      Tell me about a time when you had to be creative to come up with a solution

View Answers (2)

Research Technologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in October 2013.

Once I submitted an online application, the process took about two months to find out whether I was selected for an interview or not. There are two telephone interviews and then an onsite interview. I have not fully completed the interview process so I can only comment on the first two interviews. The first interview is with the recruiter and and they asked basic behavioral questions as pertaining to the lab. She was very straightforward and professional. The second interview was with the lab manager and seemed more like a conversation than an interview. Overall I've had a great experience and can only hope that the Onsite interview flows as smoothly. Keep in mind that I have not completed the interview process, so I have filled out this review as no offer.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time when you did something that benefited the whole group and you did it because you wanted to, not because you were assigned it?   Answer Question