St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

3.3

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Clinical Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online – interviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in September 2014.

They contacted me quickly, but the decision was quite slow. I went through three interviews for one job and never had a chance at the last two for the position. I was disappointed as I had every qualification including the preferred ones.

Interview Questions
    • Vague question... Like what were my thoughts on a vague type idea the interviewer had.   Answer Question

IT Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Very unprofessional setting - Interviews held by (old and senior individuals not upgraded their skills needed for their jobs) and their unqualified employees to intimidate you at the interview with the support of hospital management team and HR gang....every where the motto is "Stjude way" (looks like corruption and illegal method is the motto) and one of them will make sure you get the message, if you're smart enough to feel it. Otherwise, you'll be a victim in the long run.

Interview Questions
    • It depends - IT department and HR department don't value quality, education, experience, or respect your view being a professional - because those individuals are right hands of the management team and party goers.   View Answer
    Recruiter was very knowledgeable and she was gone before joined to work within few months. It looks like outside contractor.

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Had a phone pre-screening with a recruiter, went over the details of the position, then asked behavioral questions. That process took about 30 mins. Got a call back the next day to set up for on site interview and yikes: You sit in this conference room and there are 3 rounds: Round 1: a behavioral interview with 3 other recruiters they will just stare at you and take notes, will prob ask follow up questions to your answers. All entirely behavioral. No questions about what do you know about our company, why did you apply, what are your strengths/weaknesses, nothing like that. Very intimidating setting. Round 2: They will leave, then two other recruiters will come and interview you basically asking general questions about your background then ask a couple behavioral interview questions. Round 3: testing on Word, Excel, Outlook. The interview process lasted about an hour and 10 mins. The testing will probably last an hour also depending upon how well you know MS Office. Got the rejection email a week later so they are good at following up and not leaving you hanging.

Interview Questions
    • All the freaking questions were difficult! I hate behavioral interviews.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in January 2014.

I applied online and three weeks later I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview for a week later. The phone interview was about 30 min long. Awkwardly long pauses in between answers so that interviewer could type in my responses. After reading all of the reviews, I was prepared for the type of questions, but found the overall interview difficult.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were behavioral type questions:
      Tell me why you left your last position
      Tell me a specific time you worked on a team and had favorable/non-favorable results
      Tell me what you liked and disliked about your last position
      Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond a goal
      Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team
      Tell me how you organize your day and time
      Tell me about a time when you had to be creative to come up with a solution

View Answers (2)

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in October 2013.

I was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. This phase of the process is pure nuts and bolts. The interviewer seemed to be screening for qualifications (i.e. Give me an example of what you can do on microsoft word). I was asked to describe duties and previous jobs. About a week later I was informed that I had been one of the top 3 candidates and that I would be contacted to schedule an on-site interview. The on-site interview was a grueling 4hr affair. It included 2 rounds of interviews with the HR manager, the benefits manager, an analyst and the benefits coordinator. This was followed by skills testing in office, word and excel (kenexa: prove it). It may not take you 4hrs but it will certainly take longer than the 2.5 hrs they said in the email. There were many general questions (how does a job that changes goals frequently make you feel, describe a time that you dropped the ball) There were also a fair number of specific questions (describe a complex piece of information you had to advise about and how do you know they understood). The people were cordial and professional.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

The interview was very informal and laid-back, but maybe because she was inexperienced

Research Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in April 2013.

3 rounds of interview and onsite interview..they paid for my onsite interview, gave me relocation benefits, helped me with housing.. Memphis city is not that great as such but St Jude is very famous

Interview Questions
    • it was an easy interview, mainly concerned how well you get along with ppl   Answer Question
    ask for more salary!

Volunteer Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in November 2012.

The interview process begins with the submission of your résumé and cover letter. You then will review a call informing you if you have been offered a phone interview. This interview is conducted by the director of Volunteer Services, Kathryn Berry Carter, and last for about 20-30 minutes. Lastly you are invited to attend an in person interview with both volunteer coordinators and department director in a round table format.

Interview Questions
    • The knowledge of OR the experience in Different databases used in various volunteer coordinating offices.   Answer Question

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in May 2012.

This is only the first step of application, a conversation with the science recruiter, who asked you general questions, like availability, relocation, salary range, career goals, a little detail about your previous experience. some behaviour questions, like how you solve problems, why you switch majors, which job do you like better etc.

The recruiter also kept telling you A LOT OF information about the job responsibilities, it feels like they want to scare you away by saying weekend and midnight shifts sometimes...

for non-US citizen applicant, the good thing is, they do not really care about visa issues, they'd like to sponser, as long as you are qualified.

When I said I like research, she quickly pointed out, this "research technologist" is not like real research job...but more like assisting others, having the well-prepared recipes, nothing too much for you to explore. that's true. but it's wierd to hear , it may take 4-5 weeks to give you a status update, but if you're selected for an in-person interview, please reconsider, and think about if you do want the job.

btw, they mentioned, relocation assistance is offered, depending on the distance. the salary for this position is 35k-40k something. not high, but regular though.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in April 2012.

one on one