St. Jude Medical

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

3.7

Field Clinical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at St. Jude Medical.

The entire process took 4 months. First round was an on campus interview, basic behavioral to get to know you. Next round involves shadowing in the field and writing about your experience. Final round is in Austin, TX. Interviewers were very friendly and outgoing, they wanted to get to know your personality and make sure you were a cultural fit for the company.

Other Interview Reviews for St. Jude Medical

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at St. Jude Medical in June 2010.

This interview process was long, tiring, exhausting, and at the end very frustrating because they hired an internal employee. It started with a phone interview. Then a face to face. Then a one day, very exhausting trip to California for a group/panel interview. I had to prepare a presentation for a panel. This interview required a lot of preparation.

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Stafford, TX

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at St. Jude Medical in June 2010.

The interview process was long and frustrating. I applied for the position online and received a phone call from the manager. We set up a place and time to meet. This was in May 2010. After the meeting the manager was impressed and said would reach out to let me know about a onsite interview in california. Then the following week he informs me that an 'internal' employee was interested in the same position and had previous experience so he had priority. I appreciated the honesty and the frequent communication with the manager. I hear back almost a month later from the manager informing me that he would like to fly me out to california for onsite interview. Apparently the 'internal' employee bombed the interview. They set up a one day roundtrip to cali for me. I flew early morning to cali, interviewed with 8 different ppl, then A group interview and presentation, then i flew back. It was exhausting!

The onsite interview was all day. First i interviewed with 3 ppl separtely. Questions about my background, interest in their company, some behavioral questions etc. then after lunch i was asked to present a project i had worked on to the panel. I was informed of this before the interview so i had prepared. The vp of some department was also present. It went well and i recieved good feedback. Then i interviewed with the remaining ppl on the panel separately.

I get back home send thank you emails to everyone and wait for them to call bk. the manager calls me back after a week and tells me there is another 'internal' employee interested in the position and has had experience in the position and he will be interviewed also. Then abt 3 wks later i am informed that i am not selected for the job.