St. Jude Medical

Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Clinical Engineer Interview

Field Clinical Engineer
Stafford, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at St. Jude Medical in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was long and frustrating. I applied for the position online and received a phone call from the manager. We set up a place and time to meet. This was in May 2010. After the meeting the manager was impressed and said would reach out to let me know about a onsite interview in california. Then the following week he informs me that an 'internal' employee was interested in the same position and had previous experience so he had priority. I appreciated the honesty and the frequent communication with the manager. I hear back almost a month later from the manager informing me that he would like to fly me out to california for onsite interview. Apparently the 'internal' employee bombed the interview. They set up a one day roundtrip to cali for me. I flew early morning to cali, interviewed with 8 different ppl, then A group interview and presentation, then i flew back. It was exhausting!

The onsite interview was all day. First i interviewed with 3 ppl separtely. Questions about my background, interest in their company, some behavioral questions etc. then after lunch i was asked to present a project i had worked on to the panel. I was informed of this before the interview so i had prepared. The vp of some department was also present. It went well and i recieved good feedback. Then i interviewed with the remaining ppl on the panel separately.

I get back home send thank you emails to everyone and wait for them to call bk. the manager calls me back after a week and tells me there is another 'internal' employee interested in the position and has had experience in the position and he will be interviewed also. Then abt 3 wks later i am informed that i am not selected for the job.

Interview Question – Workings of an ecg. Can i read and ecg printout.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Field Clinical Engineer Interview

Field Clinical Engineer
Dallas, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at St. Jude Medical in June 2010.

Interview Details – This interview process was long, tiring, exhausting, and at the end very frustrating because they hired an internal employee. It started with a phone interview. Then a face to face. Then a one day, very exhausting trip to California for a group/panel interview. I had to prepare a presentation for a panel. This interview required a lot of preparation.

Interview Question – Conflict resolution. Interests. Background. Hobbies.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at St. Jude Medical

Worked for St. Jude Medical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at St. Jude Medical Field Clinical Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by St. Jude Medical employees and interview candidates.