St. Jude Medical

99 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Services Specialist Interview

Technical Services Specialist

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at St. Jude Medical.

Interview Details – I received an initial phone interview by the Regional Director, another phone interview with his manager, followed by a group interview with two directors. I was open to relocation, so I requested field visits in locations where they are hiring. This gave me a valuable opportunity to visit 3-4 teams, to observe their duties, culture, and work environments.

Interview Question – How do you add value in your role? I was also asked technical questions on cardiac rhythm management.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate II Interview

Clinical Research Associate II

I applied online and interviewed at St. Jude Medical.

Interview Details – Total of 3 interviews; 1st phone interview with HR recruiter, 2nd phone interview with managers (30 minutes each) and 3rd in-person with several managers and directors. Total time from initial application to final interview took almost two months. HR recruiter communicated sufficiently throughout that timeline. Changes in hiring needs led to a delay after interview to job offer, but recruiter kept in touch.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult but were pretty detailed. I was asked about the research development process and how I handled difficult situations. The only unexpected question asked about how I have improved a process in my current position. I was able to answer but should have prepared for that type of question.   Answer Question

Clinical Data Analyst Interview

Clinical Data Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at St. Jude Medical.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by two on site interviews.
The phone interview was about 30 minutes. The first onsite was 4 hours with 6 individuals. The second onsite was 6 hours including lunch with 10 individuals.

Interview Question – Background, educational background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no chance to negotiate.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Plymouth, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at St. Jude Medical in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very exhaustive interview process for this position that took over 2 months. Interviewed with several stakeholders and a few c-suite execs. Very good and through process. Very good group of interviewers.

Outside Retained recruiter Screen: 1 phone call
Outside Retained recruited In-person: 2 interviews
Phone Interview at St. Jude: 8 Phone interview
In person in Plymouth: 6 interviews
In Person in Austin: 8 interviews

Conversational interview on background, why SJM, why this role, industry, trends, health economics, aco, etc .

Reason for Declining – Other opportunity.

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Sylmar, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at St. Jude Medical in January 2012.

Interview Details – First you are interviewed by HR person on the phone and then they set up a phone interview with your future manager. In case he likes you on the phone then he invites you phone a "complete day" interview with several managers at the company including his boss.

Interview Question – technical questions about your background, but if you know what you studied in your BS o MS then you will do just fine   View Answer

Negotiation Details – yes, you can negotiate

Very Easy Interview

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at St. Jude Medical.

Interview Details – After an internal recruiter contacted me the process was straight forward and lasted about 2-3 weeks.

Interview Question – No difficult technical questions. Mostly personality and "How would you approach this problem?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

EP-TSS Intern Interview

EP-TSS Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 months - interviewed at St. Jude Medical.

Interview Details – Took a very long time to hear back and there was a lot of miscommunications

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance
Sylmar, CA

I interviewed at St. Jude Medical in March 2013.

Interview Details – Only one interview with the manager and that went really well
the interview was about 10 mins and nothing unexpected

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Plano, TX

Interviewed at St. Jude Medical

Interview Details – Spent all day at the site interviewing with all types of people- from other MEs to Directors to VP. Some of the interviewers were just seat fillers and asked silly questions just to show their own skills off. Other interviewers were genuinely asking about my ability to contribute. For sure review general Engineering concepts (validations, verifications, Gage R&R, statistics, etc.).

Interview Question – What did you dislike most about your last job   View Answer

R&D Technician Interview

R&D Technician
Little Canada, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at St. Jude Medical.

Interview Details – The interview was meticulously scheduled, and I met with six different people in 4 interviews (all in a two hour span). I thought that the interview went well, all the interviewers were nice and easy to talk to. The atmosphere of the company seems like they are recoiling from previous problems with upper level management restructuring.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions in this interview, other than to ask what type of lab equipment I had worked with in the past. Most questions were behavioral in nature.   Answer Question

Worked for St. Jude Medical? Contribute to the Community!