St. Jude Medical

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.9

Field Clinical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at St. Jude Medical.

The entire process took 4 months. First round was an on campus interview, basic behavioral to get to know you. Next round involves shadowing in the field and writing about your experience. Final round is in Austin, TX. Interviewers were very friendly and outgoing, they wanted to get to know your personality and make sure you were a cultural fit for the company.

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at St. Jude Medical.

Contacted by a recruiter. Interviewed by the hiring manager via phone and again with additional people on-site. Fairly easy interview, great people. Entire process took over two months in which a decision has yet to be made.

Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at St. Jude Medical.

Applied for the co-op program with university, then had an on-campus interview. Most questions are somehow related to the position I applied for, but actually no specific technical knowledge is required.

Interview Questions
    • How would you install a package on 100 computers at the same time?   Answer Question

Localization Coordinator, Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at St. Jude Medical in October 2014.

Applied in the middle of August. Received a call from a recruiter at the end of September. Regular questions. A week later another follow-up call from another recruiter to set up an in-person interview which took place a week and a half later with the main localization manager, who works at another city, and one of the employees in the Sylmar facility. Again, regular questions, nothing tricky, the people seemed very nice. Received the final decision only 2 weeks later.

Technical Services Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at St. Jude Medical.

I received an initial phone interview by the Regional Director, another phone interview with his manager, followed by a group interview with two directors. I was open to relocation, so I requested field visits in locations where they are hiring. This gave me a valuable opportunity to visit 3-4 teams, to observe their duties, culture, and work environments.

Interview Questions
    • How do you add value in your role? I was also asked technical questions on cardiac rhythm management.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at St. Jude Medical.

Total of 3 interviews; 1st phone interview with HR recruiter, 2nd phone interview with managers (30 minutes each) and 3rd in-person with several managers and directors. Total time from initial application to final interview took almost two months. HR recruiter communicated sufficiently throughout that timeline. Changes in hiring needs led to a delay after interview to job offer, but recruiter kept in touch.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult but were pretty detailed. I was asked about the research development process and how I handled difficult situations. The only unexpected question asked about how I have improved a process in my current position. I was able to answer but should have prepared for that type of question.   Answer Question

Clinical Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at St. Jude Medical.

Phone interview followed by two on site interviews.
    The phone interview was about 30 minutes. The first onsite was 4 hours with 6 individuals. The second onsite was 6 hours including lunch with 10 individuals.

Interview Questions
    There was no chance to negotiate.

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at St. Jude Medical.

After an internal recruiter contacted me the process was straight forward and lasted about 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult technical questions. Mostly personality and "How would you approach this problem?"   Answer Question
    No negotiating.

EP-TSS Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at St. Jude Medical.

Took a very long time to hear back and there was a lot of miscommunications

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Spent all day at the site interviewing with all types of people- from other MEs to Directors to VP. Some of the interviewers were just seat fillers and asked silly questions just to show their own skills off. Other interviewers were genuinely asking about my ability to contribute. For sure review general Engineering concepts (validations, verifications, Gage R&R, statistics, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • What did you dislike most about your last job   View Answer