St. Jude Medical

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Design Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at St. Jude Medical in June 2012.

Contacted by HR after two week applied online through company's website. Very brief talk with HR, then scheduled a phone interview with hiring manager. The phone interview was mostly previous experience and resume, no hardcore technical question. On-site lasted a half day with five people from principals to director. Most technical questions are hardware like opamp, rf, analog circuit. They wanted very detailed solutions and also cared about how quick you can solve.

Hardware Development Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at St. Jude Medical in November 2010.

Be prepared for the RC circuit knowledge

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for the Co-op most of the time

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at St. Jude Medical in November 2009.

This is a very conservative company. They want you to be working on old technologies and even the upper management agreed on this.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had conflicts with other co-workers?   Answer Question
    • What had you learnt in the past that motivated you to be an Engineer   Answer Question

Clinical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at St. Jude Medical in July 2008.

Was called on the phone by the head of clinical engineering, given a phone interview, and one week later flown out to be interviewed by everyone in the division (about 9 people, one at a time). The process took the entire day, and most of the questions were about why I wanted to do a Ph.D. I believe they had already decided to give me the offer because of my adviser at my University, and the success they had with a previous employee who had worked under him.

Interview Questions
    • How would you try to implement your research idea if we decided to do so at St. Jude Medical?   Answer Question

Decided to do my Ph.D.