St. Jude Medical

Relevance Date Difficulty

Design Assurance Engineer Interview

Design Assurance Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at St. Jude Medical in June 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR after two week applied online through company's website. Very brief talk with HR, then scheduled a phone interview with hiring manager. The phone interview was mostly previous experience and resume, no hardcore technical question. On-site lasted a half day with five people from principals to director. Most technical questions are hardware like opamp, rf, analog circuit. They wanted very detailed solutions and also cared about how quick you can solve.

Interview Question – They pulled out schematics to ask you questions.   Answer Question

Hardware Development Co-Op Interview

Hardware Development Co-Op
Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at St. Jude Medical in November 2010.

Interview Details – Be prepared for the RC circuit knowledge

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for the Co-op most of the time

Clinical Engineer I Interview

Clinical Engineer I
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at St. Jude Medical in July 2008.

Interview Details – Was called on the phone by the head of clinical engineering, given a phone interview, and one week later flown out to be interviewed by everyone in the division (about 9 people, one at a time). The process took the entire day, and most of the questions were about why I wanted to do a Ph.D. I believe they had already decided to give me the offer because of my adviser at my University, and the success they had with a previous employee who had worked under him.

Interview Question – How would you try to implement your research idea if we decided to do so at St. Jude Medical?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided to do my Ph.D.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at St. Jude Medical in November 2009.

Interview Details – This is a very conservative company. They want you to be working on old technologies and even the upper management agreed on this.

Interview Questions

Worked for St. Jude Medical? Contribute to the Community!