St. Luke's Episcopal Health System

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

RN Operating Room Interview

RN Operating Room

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System.

Interview Details – Was called for an interview within a week of application. Interviewed with generic HR representative answering basic questions, i.e. "How often do you think it is appropriate to call in"; "How well do you get along with others?". Later interviewed with a manager and a staff member whom I was able to ask questions.

Interview Question – Interviewing with a staff member was odd. I wish I had asked her more questions before accepting a position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They had a set hourly rate which they did not offer to be flexible with and did not offer a moving package. However of the 3 hospitals in the med center I interviewed at they offered me the highest rate.

PAS Director Interview

PAS Director
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System in November 2013.

Interview Details – The environment that I encountered was very professional, soothing atmosphere for patients and the staff in HR and other areas was very helpful. The interview was friendly, fast, and efficient from my perspective.

Department Secretary Interview

Department Secretary
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System in January 2009.

Interview Details – I applied seven years ago and the tests given really outdated. Never actually interviewed by the appropriate manager until almost 3 to 4 weeks. Not even a phone call to let you know that you were still being considered. Once you were selected it took 3 weeks for you to receive your first paycheck.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was why was I applying for the job when I was certainly qualified for a higher position. (Note: at the time there was a job freeze in the medical center and this was the only place that even offered).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Even though I was qualified for a much higher position and salary, I had to accept a lesser than mid range salary for the position, which I thought was not too cool. You would think that even though you are searching for a career/job your experience and knowledge should be compensated accordingly.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Treasury Analyst Interview

Treasury Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed and very confident with all the questions asked and left the interview confident Ii would be called back with an offer.

Interview Question – What would you consider to be your weakness   View Answer

Clinical Pharmacist Interview

Clinical Pharmacist
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System in August 2009.

Interview Details – This institution is VERY big on clinical skills, communication and presentation skills. It hosts one of the largest ASHP accredited pharmacy residency programs in the region and so has big expectations of all its pharmacy employees to be knowledgeable, current, able to communicate well, and participate in clinical education of residents, other staff (i.e. RN's and ancillary healthcare workers, as well as medical interns and residents). They have gone to a practice of preferentially, if not entirely seeking residency trained pharmacists. They have a detailed, entire day interview process where you meet with several groups of pharmacists and physicians, and are usually expected to give a 15-20 minute Power Point presentation on some current, relevant, research based clinical topic.

Interview Question – There are several very experienced clinical specialists on their Clinical Coordinator panel. You will almost surely get a question that you will not be prepared for. Don't improvise. If you don't know the answer, admit it and perhaps offer an intuitive guess, but don't try to fake it. In an environment like this, it is expected that you will come across questions that you do not know the answer to. They will think more highly of your ability to admit that you do not know rather than pretending to know and making up answers. Don't be flustered by this happening.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Director of Marketing
Houston, TX

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System in November 2008.

Interview Details – Short interview with HR to start. Asked personality-type questions with scenarios and asking for views on response. The interview with VP. Interview was informal but interviewer talked so much I hardly got a word in!

Interview Question – If you were to hire someone else for this job what qualities would you look for?   Answer Question

Nurse Manager Interview

Nurse Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System in February 2010.

Interview Details – panel interview

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for St. Luke's Episcopal Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by St. Luke's Episcopal Health System employees and interview candidates.