St. Luke's Episcopal Health System Interview Questions

2.9

RN Operating Room Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System.

Was called for an interview within a week of application. Interviewed with generic HR representative answering basic questions, i.e. "How often do you think it is appropriate to call in"; "How well do you get along with others?". Later interviewed with a manager and a staff member whom I was able to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewing with a staff member was odd. I wish I had asked her more questions before accepting a position.   Answer Question
    They had a set hourly rate which they did not offer to be flexible with and did not offer a moving package. However of the 3 hospitals in the med center I interviewed at they offered me the highest rate.

PAS Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System in November 2013.

The environment that I encountered was very professional, soothing atmosphere for patients and the staff in HR and other areas was very helpful. The interview was friendly, fast, and efficient from my perspective.

Department Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System in January 2009.

I applied seven years ago and the tests given really outdated. Never actually interviewed by the appropriate manager until almost 3 to 4 weeks. Not even a phone call to let you know that you were still being considered. Once you were selected it took 3 weeks for you to receive your first paycheck.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was why was I applying for the job when I was certainly qualified for a higher position. (Note: at the time there was a job freeze in the medical center and this was the only place that even offered).   Answer Question
    Even though I was qualified for a much higher position and salary, I had to accept a lesser than mid range salary for the position, which I thought was not too cool. You would think that even though you are searching for a career/job your experience and knowledge should be compensated accordingly.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System in March 2013.

I was interviewed and very confident with all the questions asked and left the interview confident Ii would be called back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What would you consider to be your weakness   View Answer

Clinical Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System in August 2009.

This institution is VERY big on clinical skills, communication and presentation skills. It hosts one of the largest ASHP accredited pharmacy residency programs in the region and so has big expectations of all its pharmacy employees to be knowledgeable, current, able to communicate well, and participate in clinical education of residents, other staff (i.e. RN's and ancillary healthcare workers, as well as medical interns and residents). They have gone to a practice of preferentially, if not entirely seeking residency trained pharmacists. They have a detailed, entire day interview process where you meet with several groups of pharmacists and physicians, and are usually expected to give a 15-20 minute Power Point presentation on some current, relevant, research based clinical topic.

Interview Questions
    • There are several very experienced clinical specialists on their Clinical Coordinator panel. You will almost surely get a question that you will not be prepared for. Don't improvise. If you don't know the answer, admit it and perhaps offer an intuitive guess, but don't try to fake it. In an environment like this, it is expected that you will come across questions that you do not know the answer to. They will think more highly of your ability to admit that you do not know rather than pretending to know and making up answers. Don't be flustered by this happening.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System in November 2008.

Short interview with HR to start. Asked personality-type questions with scenarios and asking for views on response. The interview with VP. Interview was informal but interviewer talked so much I hardly got a word in!

Interview Questions
    • If you were to hire someone else for this job what qualities would you look for?   Answer Question

Nurse Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at St. Luke's Episcopal Health System in February 2010.

panel interview

Interview Questions

Worked for St. Luke's Episcopal Health System? Contribute to the Community!