St. Luke's Health System Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.5

Connect Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at St. Luke's Health System in April 2015.

Interview

Applied for job and revived a call for an interview three days later. I was interview the supervisor and another person from HR and it last about 30 minutes. It was located at the building I would have worked at for st lukes.

Interview Questions

• Why would you been a good candidate for this job?
      How well of a team player are you?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at St. Luke's Health System (Boise, ID) in March 2015.

Interview

They called the day before they wanted to interview me. I was able to fit it into my schedule. I was interviewed by a panel of three people. They asked mostly behavioral interview questions. (i.e. tell us about a time when...)

Interview Questions

• Q. Tell us about a time when you made a mistake and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Medical Informatics Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at St. Luke's Health System in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward, I applied online and got a phone call from an HR representative about a month or so later. I interviewed with the HR employee a week after the initial phone call and had a second interview with the hiring manager an hour later. One week after that I had 2 more interviews with higher level associates at 2 different campuses. The following week I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you noticed that there was a significant problem with workflow, and what steps did you take to address it.   Answer Question

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at St. Luke's Health System.

Interview

When I applied for transfers within the St Luke's system the management was always very thorough with background and history, experience, what you could offer the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something that that you feel you could do better at in your job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much negotiation because it was usually a lateral move within the company

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at St. Luke's Health System.

Interview

Simple, one interview.

Negotiation

very little to negotiate. Salary was stated and not a discussion.

CNA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at St. Luke's Health System.

Interview

All applications are submitted online. Process is long due to the number of applications, they have the luxury of picking and choosing. It is best to have a referral from someone who works for the system.

Interview Questions

• None that I can remember. All seemed to be very focused on the job duties.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as an entry level CNA. The offered and I accepted!

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at St. Luke's Health System in February 2013.

Interview

It seems to take St. Luke's an unusual extended time to process job applications. It could be 4-6 weeks before you hear anything, if they give you a response at all. I’ve had the experience of getting the form email letter, “thanks, but, no thanks” and, have also had where they sent me nothing; so you are left hanging. Past experiences I’ve left messages for supervisors &/or recruiters with my name, phone number, etc. and asked they return my call—which I never received. I find that is poor business etiquette and just plain rude.

Interview Questions

• It’s all the behavioral interview questions before a group—could be 4 people, or could be 6 or 7. The usual “tell us about a situation where you gave great customer service” and, you tell your story. Some questions as, “what book are you reading now”, or, “what animal would you like to be”. Sometimes I feel it’s all a popularity contest in the end.   Answer Question

Clinical Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at St. Luke's Health System (Boise, ID) in January 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel the first day then different managers the next. It was a formal process and everyone was professional. The job was posted as being "flexible" but I learned that hours were not flexible during the interviewing process. I turned the job down when I was offered $20/hour for part time. That salary was $7/hr below the The state avg for a dietitian. I accepted an offer 6 mos later at another Boise hospital for $35/hour with benefits.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation with another employee in the past   Answer Question

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at St. Luke's Health System (Boise, ID) in April 2012.

Interview

You will get a phone call and an interview from the HR recruiter. Email back and forth for the interview and the HR department will give you a final call with an offer if you get one. Just be aware they work their people to the bone.

Interview Questions

• What model would you use for proficiency testing in the Laboratory. The correct answer is the Donna Wright model.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will always tell you it has to go to review if you ask for more money. Takes a week

Staffing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at St. Luke's Health System (Boise, ID) in November 2011.

Interview

HR contacted me a few days after I had applied and set an interview time for the next day. HR told me who I would be interviewing with as well.
    The interview took about an hour with the supervisor and lead technician.
    After the interview they had proceeded to show me the office that I would be working in and giving me a basic run down of the daily tasks that they do there. They had asked me to hang out as long as I would like. I ended up staying there for another hour and a half.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate the salary or schedule at the moment. I was promised opportunity for growth within the coming months.