St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network

Relevance Date Difficulty

Phlebotomist Interview

Phlebotomist
Quakertown, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network in April 2013.

Interview Details – very time consuming and the personality test is a little much for my taste but i scored well. Just answer the questions how THEY want them answered. its kind of like sweet talking, just say what you know they want to hear.

Interview Question – why so you want to be apart of st lukes   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there wasnt much. they offered the position and i accepted

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Easton, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network.

Interview Details – One on one with HR manager then one on one with nurse manager and charge nurse. Very nice people overall, very quick in and out. Usually once you interview the job is yours, they go off your credentials and background checks, interview is used to see your people skills and make sure you're not a complete slob.

Interview Question – Why St. Luke's and not a neighboring hospital like Easton Hospital or Lehigh Valley   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was significantly under market average granted my years of experience. I was being mad an offer that a person off the street with no experience would get. Offers are 100% non-negotiable, take it or leave it attitude, I left it.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network.

Interview Details – It takes anywhere from weeks to months after your apply initially to get called back by Human Resources. If you need a job immediately do not apply here as your primary job because you won't get a call back for months. The application process itself is pretty standard and comparable to what other employers of similar statute require.

Interview Question – Why do you want this position as opposed to the other positions you applied for? What is your biggest weakness and how may it limit your ability to complete the tasks required of this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No wiggle room with this employer AT ALL. Either you take what they offer or you leave and they move on to the next. They are known for hiring nurses right out of school with no experience who will take whatever position they find at base pay just so they can gather as many able bodies without paying higher experienced RN rates.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Registered Nurse, BSN Interview

Registered Nurse, BSN

Interview Details – Applied for numerous positions for several weeks. Finally heard from HR a few days ago for an interview. The interview went very well and the process after hiring went very smoothly.

Interview Question – Strengths/Weaknesses   Answer Question

Medical Records Interview

Medical Records
Bethlehem, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network in May 2008.

Interview Details – I applied for a job with St. Lukes Hospital in Bethlehem as a medical records clerk. The interview process was painless and the recruiter was very nice which made it a little easier. It took a while for them to verify my employment though.

Interview Question – I always hate the greatest strengths and weakness questions.   Answer Question

Na Interview

Na

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network in April 2008.

Interview Details – The head recruiter of Human Resources is not effective at recruiting top talent, and she does not take constructive critisism very well. I would advise bypassing her during negotiations and go to the top, because her ego will only hinder your offer, and at the end of the day, her opinion will not be that much of a factor unless your are interviewing for her department.

Interview Question – Explain why you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will grossly underestimate your worth and make a very low offer. There is only one person in the compensation department in HR. He's a little more difficult to negotiate with than the head recruiter there, so be prepared to debate your worth, and possibly make an ultimatum that they can't refuse.

RN_BSN Interview

RN_BSN

The process took a day - interviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network in May 2008.

Interview Details – I had the good fortune of interviewing with the unit manager and one of the unit supervisers. It was a very good interview. I did not feel intimidated or overwhelmed. I was taken on a tour of the unit and was also fortunate enough to meet several other staff members.

Interview Question – what are some conflicts that you have had to handle in the past?   Answer Question

Worked for St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network? Contribute to the Community!