St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network

RN Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network.

Interview

Positive experience. Meet with HR first and then meet with managers of the specific dept. you are interviewing for. Everyone was extremely friendly and made the experience comfortable. Overall, it was good interview experience.

Telephone Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network (Bethlehem, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Long, took two months before I was interview. Very slow process. Very non personal. Not enough questions on who I am . What I like. How were my other Jobs as Far as what i took from them, as tools to guide me to other jobs I was hired for , I think. When interviewing a potential candidate get to know a little about them. Before you ask the long list of questions about experience and why you left your job to seek the one your appling for , it's make you feel at ease and comfortable when being interviewed . Makes you feel human not robotic. This my opinion .

Interview Questions

• Are you good with changes, things here change day by day, that told me it's not properly managed .   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network (Easton, PA).

Interview

One on one with HR manager then one on one with nurse manager and charge nurse. Very nice people overall, very quick in and out. Usually once you interview the job is yours, they go off your credentials and background checks, interview is used to see your people skills and make sure you're not a complete slob.

Interview Questions

• Why St. Luke's and not a neighboring hospital like Easton Hospital or Lehigh Valley   Answer Question

Pay was significantly under market average granted my years of experience. I was being mad an offer that a person off the street with no experience would get. Offers are 100% non-negotiable, take it or leave it attitude, I left it.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network.

Interview

It takes anywhere from weeks to months after your apply initially to get called back by Human Resources. If you need a job immediately do not apply here as your primary job because you won't get a call back for months. The application process itself is pretty standard and comparable to what other employers of similar statute require.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position as opposed to the other positions you applied for? What is your biggest weakness and how may it limit your ability to complete the tasks required of this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No wiggle room with this employer AT ALL. Either you take what they offer or you leave and they move on to the next. They are known for hiring nurses right out of school with no experience who will take whatever position they find at base pay just so they can gather as many able bodies without paying higher experienced RN rates.

Registered Nurse, BSN Interview

Application

Interview

Applied for numerous positions for several weeks. Finally heard from HR a few days ago for an interview. The interview went very well and the process after hiring went very smoothly.

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quakertown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network (Quakertown, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

very time consuming and the personality test is a little much for my taste but i scored well. Just answer the questions how THEY want them answered. its kind of like sweet talking, just say what you know they want to hear.

Interview Questions

• why so you want to be apart of st lukes   1 Answer

Negotiation

there wasnt much. they offered the position and i accepted

Medical Records Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network (Bethlehem, PA) in May 2008.

Interview

I applied for a job with St. Lukes Hospital in Bethlehem as a medical records clerk. The interview process was painless and the recruiter was very nice which made it a little easier. It took a while for them to verify my employment though.

Interview Questions

• I always hate the greatest strengths and weakness questions.   Answer Question

RN_BSN Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network in May 2008.

Interview

I had the good fortune of interviewing with the unit manager and one of the unit supervisers. It was a very good interview. I did not feel intimidated or overwhelmed. I was taken on a tour of the unit and was also fortunate enough to meet several other staff members.

Interview Questions

• what are some conflicts that you have had to handle in the past?   Answer Question

Na Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network in April 2008.

Interview

The head recruiter of Human Resources is not effective at recruiting top talent, and she does not take constructive critisism very well. I would advise bypassing her during negotiations and go to the top, because her ego will only hinder your offer, and at the end of the day, her opinion will not be that much of a factor unless your are interviewing for her department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will grossly underestimate your worth and make a very low offer. There is only one person in the compensation department in HR. He's a little more difficult to negotiate with than the head recruiter there, so be prepared to debate your worth, and possibly make an ultimatum that they can't refuse.