Stamps.com Interview Questions

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stamps.com.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a typing test and face to face interviews. Long arduous process. The interviewers were cold and arrogant. Did not give clear instructions for the typing test.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with a group of people?   Answer Question

Data Warehouse Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stamps.com.

Interview

The first interview was a panel interview with the team. I was asked to write out an algorithm. This was a very technical interview and involved a lot of problem solving. But the questions were relevant to the job. This was followed by an interview with the director. This started as a technical interview which was followed by a friendly discussion about SQL Server best practices.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: How do you recover from a database failure?   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was the recession so negotiating was impossible, plus the recruiter was not in the approved recruiter list which impeded the process.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Stamps.com.

Interview

Overall the process was good. One day interview. Took around 2-3 hours. There were multiple interview sessions.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process seemed normal, until you get there and there are 20 other people vying for the same job. They herd you into a conference room and then tell you the greatness of the company, and then drop the hammer of how long the process will take and what they will look for. 90% of the people applying won't pass their first group interview, then the assessment, which features laughable questions about nothing, ala Google. If you pass that, you get a phone interview, if you pass that, you get another in person interview, and if you're luck, 24 - 30 days after your initial interview, you may get the job. Imagine not having a job, or income, and having to wait 30 days? By then your apartment, home, and car are going to be foreclosed, repossessed or worst. Lame.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Stamps.com in June 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview initially with a recruiter. He was pleased with our initial interview which lasted about 40 minutes. He asked a lot of questions but nothing out of the norm. He told me he liked everything I said and would take it to the next step. I never heard back from him.

Interview Questions

• No questions were unexpected. Just read the job description, do your research on the company and you'll be well prepared.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Sent my resume for an advertised Manager/Director position directly. HR (which consists of a single person) called me to schedule a phone interview followed by onsite interviews on 2 separate days. Phone interview was pretty detailed. For a company this small, I thought that was about it. However I was wrong and I was called back for an onsite interview. I took a couple of hours off work on the day of the interview as I was expected to meet with just one person. However the CMO was late and made me feel like he was doing me a favor by taking the interview. His exact words were " I had to cut my meeting short with the CFO for this interview".. I was diplomatic and said thank you when I really wanted to say.. "yeah i took a couple of hours off my job to be here at a time you asked for.. ". It was about this time when I realized the unique culture at stamps.com. The interview lasted 1.5 - 2 hours and the CMO went to great depths with an internal case study about the current problems they are facing at the organization. I really wasn't expecting a case study and a 2 hour discussion. HR should have clarified the agenda for the meeting. Anyways, to my surprise I was called for a second round of interviews the next week. This time I took an entire day off work as it was with 4 other Directors, Managers etc. No one really asked any difficult question. Frankly, to me it felt like they were not sure what skills they wanted to see in this position. It was strange and I did not feel that it was a very professional experience. However the director of product was wierd.. he seemed to be really enjoying his work though as he was listening to his music chilling out prior to our interview in his room. I thought that this interview would be a breeze but i was caught off guard and there were more irrelevant cases and mental calisthenic types of questions. I mean, this ain't no Mensa quiz after all... but heck yeah.. by now I was getting tired and eager to leave. The Director of Product seemed to have time on his hands and I took up the offer to walk around the office building. He also seemed to have an appreciation for the artwork around the cafeteria.. Overall a pretty poor experience. Very poorly managed process. No refreshments served during a 5 hour ordeal of an interview. No agenda set for the interview. I'm glad i did not have to drive very far or very long I did not hear back from the HR one way or the other for over a month... I had to email HR to hear that the interviews were competitive and that they decided to not proceed with my candidacy.. by now i was certain that I did not think I fit in this culture.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview after job fair where qualification tests were taken. It went good

Interview Questions

• Job questions not difficult if you were technically prepapred.   Answer Question

Going to school now.

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Stamps.com (El Segundo, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

After submitting a resume through their site I was called in for an interview. I met with the hiring manager and the Facilities Coordinator who would be my supervisor. Both very professional and cordial. We spoke of the position, of the requirements and of the company.

Interview Questions

• The process was simple and straight forward. I was not offered the position but there were certainly many equally qualified people for this position.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Stamps.com in July 2012.

Interview

Email contact and make a phone interview