Stamps.com

Very Easy Interview

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Facilities Coordinator
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Stamps.com in April 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting a resume through their site I was called in for an interview. I met with the hiring manager and the Facilities Coordinator who would be my supervisor. Both very professional and cordial. We spoke of the position, of the requirements and of the company.

Interview Question – The process was simple and straight forward. I was not offered the position but there were certainly many equally qualified people for this position.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stamps.com in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interview after job fair where qualification tests were taken. It went good

Interview Question – Job questions not difficult if you were technically prepapred.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Going to school now.

Very Difficult Interview

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Stamps.com in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process seemed normal, until you get there and there are 20 other people vying for the same job. They herd you into a conference room and then tell you the greatness of the company, and then drop the hammer of how long the process will take and what they will look for. 90% of the people applying won't pass their first group interview, then the assessment, which features laughable questions about nothing, ala Google. If you pass that, you get a phone interview, if you pass that, you get another in person interview, and if you're luck, 24 - 30 days after your initial interview, you may get the job. Imagine not having a job, or income, and having to wait 30 days? By then your apartment, home, and car are going to be foreclosed, repossessed or worst. Lame.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Stamps.com in February 2013.

Interview Details – Sent my resume for an advertised Manager/Director position directly. HR (which consists of a single person) called me to schedule a phone interview followed by onsite interviews on 2 separate days.

Phone interview was pretty detailed. For a company this small, I thought that was about it. However I was wrong and I was called back for an onsite interview.

I took a couple of hours off work on the day of the interview as I was expected to meet with just one person. However the CMO was late and made me feel like he was doing me a favor by taking the interview. His exact words were " I had to cut my meeting short with the CFO for this interview".. I was diplomatic and said thank you when I really wanted to say.. "yeah i took a couple of hours off my job to be here at a time you asked for.. ". It was about this time when I realized the unique culture at stamps.com. The interview lasted 1.5 - 2 hours and the CMO went to great depths with an internal case study about the current problems they are facing at the organization. I really wasn't expecting a case study and a 2 hour discussion. HR should have clarified the agenda for the meeting.

Anyways, to my surprise I was called for a second round of interviews the next week. This time I took an entire day off work as it was with 4 other Directors, Managers etc. No one really asked any difficult question. Frankly, to me it felt like they were not sure what skills they wanted to see in this position. It was strange and I did not feel that it was a very professional experience. However the director of product was wierd.. he seemed to be really enjoying his work though as he was listening to his music chilling out prior to our interview in his room. I thought that this interview would be a breeze but i was caught off guard and there were more irrelevant cases and mental calisthenic types of questions. I mean, this ain't no Mensa quiz after all... but heck yeah.. by now I was getting tired and eager to leave. The Director of Product seemed to have time on his hands and I took up the offer to walk around the office building. He also seemed to have an appreciation for the artwork around the cafeteria..

Overall a pretty poor experience. Very poorly managed process. No refreshments served during a 5 hour ordeal of an interview. No agenda set for the interview. I'm glad i did not have to drive very far or very long

I did not hear back from the HR one way or the other for over a month... I had to email HR to hear that the interviews were competitive and that they decided to not proceed with my candidacy.. by now i was certain that I did not think I fit in this culture.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for Stamps.com? Contribute to the Community!