Standard Bank Group

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Programmer Interview

Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Standard Bank Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – Online application followed by telephonic interviews, face to face interviews and regional selection. Candidates were then pooled into one "final" group of applicants and went through various exercises and further discussions and interviews. Business owners were then invited to interview and assess additional exercises and gave feedback to HR. The final crop of users were then selected and made an offer.

Interview Question – Group exercise on a real business problem.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Blanket offer made to all graduates selected

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Graduate Programmer Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Standard Bank Group in July 2009.

Interview Details – I got asked the typical 'tell us about yourself' question first. They want this to come across as unrehearsed but you need to have a prepared answer! Then some current events q's and a couple of situational q's

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Standard Bank Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Standard Bank Group Graduate Programmer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Standard Bank Group employees and interview candidates.