Standard Bank Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Programmer Interview

Graduate Programmer
Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Standard Bank Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – Online application followed by telephonic interviews, face to face interviews and regional selection. Candidates were then pooled into one "final" group of applicants and went through various exercises and further discussions and interviews. Business owners were then invited to interview and assess additional exercises and gave feedback to HR. The final crop of users were then selected and made an offer.

Interview Question – Group exercise on a real business problem.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Blanket offer made to all graduates selected

Junior Quantitative Analyst Interview

Junior Quantitative Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Standard Bank Group.

Interview Details – Interview is a two step process, first with the head of the division then followed by a larger panel interview with senior members of the team. Discussions are informal with some general and more technical questions and try to determine your fit into the company as a whole and the team in particular

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a quant?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant
Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Standard Bank Group in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was through a consultancy. Gained customer confidence by working for the firm for two years.

Interview Question – Dint face any unexpected question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no Negotiations based on previous CTC

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Cape Town (South Africa)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Standard Bank Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – Online application followed by a telephonic interview then psychometric testing then a panel interview.

Interview Question – If traveling and you get lost, are you the type of person to use a map or rely on someone's directions?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Seemed inexperienced with the negotiation phase and needed more information from myself. Would recommend suggesting counter proposals and monitoring the flow of communication and related documents with all related parties.

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Standard Bank Group.

Interview Details – It took one month. Interviewers are very friendly and it was a absolutely amazing experience.

Interview Question – What is credit derivative?   Answer Question

SME Interview

SME
Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Standard Bank Group.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of behavioural/resume interviews. Very straight-forward, the focus was more on personality and fit

Interview Question – "If you could be a dinosaur, which one would you be and why?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Standard Bank Group.

Interview Details – In the first round I was interviewed by one person. I was questioned on my personal strengths and weaknesses. No technical questions.

Interview Question – What would people say about you?   Answer Question

Project Consultant Interview

Project Consultant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Standard Bank Group.

Interview Details – There was a rigorous hiring process that started with an introduction by a local executive recruitment agency.
That agency introduced me to the Head of HR who met with me to discuss the overall role and the expectations. This was followed by a meeting with all of the team members that I would be working with; each team member sat with me for half and hour and provided a detailed background of their role and their position with the project.

Interview Question – The Head of HR was a very direct individual in all lines of questioning which was very much appreciated.   View Answer

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Standard Bank Group in October 2009.

Interview Details – Write an admission test, then you get either rejcted or invited for an interview

Interview Question – There was a case you have to analyze by yourself   Answer Question

IT Senior Management Interview

IT Senior Management
Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Standard Bank Group in October 2009.

Interview Details – Process was quite disjointed as it was a sensitive approach from a competitor. Once the steps were defined it became a lot more predictable. The personality and Intelligence testing was in a format I have not seen before and were quite enjoyable and enlightening.

Interview Question – This was a conversation rather than an interview and centered around philosophical approaches to and practical implementations of various forms of it management disciplines.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – When negotiating a package with a major bank, don't forget to enquire as to the staff benefits re financing in the various forms. This can make a very significant difference to your bottom line without a major change in package.

Worked for Standard Bank Group? Contribute to the Community!