Standard Chartered Bank

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in November 2013.

Interview Details – The date of interview was provided from the personal consultant of standard chartered which was one to one discussion wherein they would like to know your skills, interest in details and whether you are fit for the job title or not, after analyzing the eligibility I was sent in a group discussion round to check the team spirit quality followed by another discussion round and one to one by the senior most HR.
I like the various ways of the staff to analyze during interview and to be more precise what they were looking for in a candidate during screening
Their were few candidates who had master degrees too but lack of confidence and skills who were eventually rejected, as the company was looking for practically upcoming business developer.

Interview Question – There were few questions like how lucky you think you are and why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I am flexible.

Assistant Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – It was a three level process wherein the first screening of the candidates was done by branch manager then there was a telephonic interview with Area head for that department and then with the Regional manager. All the three basically focused on general questions to judge your confidence level. They need to make sure that you plan to stay with the organisation and not flee on the next opportunity. Other then that they see how you present yourself and if you are good at conversation.

Negotiation Details – They have a very good salary structure as per the industry standards

Very Difficult Interview

Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in June 2010.

Interview Details – Test, Interview with Head, Panel Interview with 5 different heads of the department

Interview Question – your Univeristy is not upto our standard and how can we hire you if you still have not completed your degree?   View Answer

Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was a long interview and the interviewer asked a lot of question regarding skills, personal development, future growth.

Interview Questions

• What is your present work responsibilities?   View Answer
  • How will you rate yourself in terms of service providing   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a mutual negotiation.

New Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in February 2010.

Interview Details – i did applied online scb carrier site .after that i was select my Cv.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No Negotation

Worked for Standard Chartered Bank? Contribute to the Community!