Standard Chartered Bank Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Interview

we interviewed within a small team, and were asked to design a metro card system.

Other Interview Reviews for Standard Chartered Bank

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

short interview for 30 minutes. interviewer is a little rude when asking personal questions. So I wouldnt like to work for him, but i got mad when I am not hired. They dont send any sorry letters.

Interview Questions

• Why are u interested in working in banking industry   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online numerical and judgemental first, followed by video interview, fairly easy questions. Now waiting for telephone interview. Told that it would be strength based instead of competency based. HR people are really nice.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Submitted online application, followed by online tests (Math and Logical Reasoning). After passing the tests, I received a phone interview as I wasn't in the country for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Give a difficult situation in your previous internship/working experience and describe how you solved it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

First was a phone interview

Intern Interview

Interview

Resume screening and in-office interview. Interview was based on few technical and behavioral question. Be familiar with your resume. Prepare basic behavioral questions such as 'why did you choose your major?', 'why do you want to study in financial institution?', etc. Study a financial statement because they expect you to know basic knowledge about it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a relationship between B/S and Cash Flow Statement.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Makati City (Philippines)) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied at my university's career fair. They called after two months, via phone, scheduling an interview. I came to their office and waited for around 2 hours before finally getting interviewed. There were only 4 applicants, me included, that day. The interviewer was not actually from the Human Resources department but would be my trainer if ever I was accepted. He asked about my experience in systems analysis and project management because those would be what I would be doing if I got accepted.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Delhi (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

i was selected from campus . they had an aptitude test first followed by a psychometric test, then we had a case analysis to be submitted online, then they visited campus for interviews which revolved mostly around selling as i was interviewed for a consumer banking role

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in June 2013.

Interview

have a test for the accounting and financial knowledge, and translate some articles from english to chinese. have an introduction---have a brief cv review--ask about previous intern experience--ask some competency questions. Ask about some basic financial problems, ask about the opinions on recent news.

Interview Questions

• briefly review the three accounting statements with me.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

There was first a screening interview conducted via Skype with the hiring manager, then a screening interview conducted via Skype with someone from human resources, then I was asked to complete a logic reasoning test online, in alignment with human resources policy. I was asked basic informational questions by both the hiring manager and the human resources staff members, the online test was to test logical reasoning skills.