Standard Chartered Bank

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank

Interview Details – we interviewed within a small team, and were asked to design a metro card system.

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – Submitted online application, followed by online tests (Math and Logical Reasoning). After passing the tests, I received a phone interview as I wasn't in the country for a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Give a difficult situation in your previous internship/working experience and describe how you solved it.   Answer Question

Interview Details – First was a phone interview

Interview Question – Normal Interview Questions   Answer Question

Makati City (Philippines)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied at my university's career fair. They called after two months, via phone, scheduling an interview. I came to their office and waited for around 2 hours before finally getting interviewed. There were only 4 applicants, me included, that day. The interviewer was not actually from the Human Resources department but would be my trainer if ever I was accepted. He asked about my experience in systems analysis and project management because those would be what I would be doing if I got accepted.

Interview Question – What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank

Interview Details – Resume screening and in-office interview. Interview was based on few technical and behavioral question. Be familiar with your resume. Prepare basic behavioral questions such as 'why did you choose your major?', 'why do you want to study in financial institution?', etc. Study a financial statement because they expect you to know basic knowledge about it.

Interview Question – Explain a relationship between B/S and Cash Flow Statement.   Answer Question

Delhi (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in October 2013.

Interview Details – i was selected from campus . they had an aptitude test first followed by a psychometric test, then we had a case analysis to be submitted online, then they visited campus for interviews which revolved mostly around selling as i was interviewed for a consumer banking role

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was extremely lucky to just have one face to face interview to secure an internship position. It all started out when Standard Chartered Bank sent a mass email to my school for a recruitment exercise. I submitted my resume and cover letter, thereafter I was called for a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Tell me why you would like to join Standard Chartered Bank.   Answer Question

Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in July 2012.

Interview Details – First step is to complete application form online.
Then, you will get an email that ask you to do some tests online.
Third, you will get an email that ask you to attend a group interview (with 10 candidates and five managers from different departments)
Lastly, you will get an email that notice you that you get the internship and give you the information, like where to work and when to work.

Interview Question – Which department do you want to choose?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – There was first a screening interview conducted via Skype with the hiring manager, then a screening interview conducted via Skype with someone from human resources, then I was asked to complete a logic reasoning test online, in alignment with human resources policy. I was asked basic informational questions by both the hiring manager and the human resources staff members, the online test was to test logical reasoning skills.

Interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank

Interview Details – I attended the first round telephone interview, a HR officer asked some behaviour questions. They request for details and will ask you extra details according to your previous questions

Interview Question – tell me a time when you deliver a high standard result   Answer Question

Worked for Standard Chartered Bank? Contribute to the Community!