Standard Chartered Bank

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.1

I applied online – interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Passed VI interview, and was invited to the on site interview. The HR is really nice and welcoming. The questions are most common open questions. At the end of interview, HR told me that the feedback of the interview might be send out very late due to the holiday period. I still have not heard from them yet since mid December.

Other Interview Reviews for Standard Chartered Bank

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in February 2015.

I applied online, the personality test came immediately after submission, I passed it and proceeded to the logical and numerical tests, after these 2 tests, I received an online interview. It was an automated one of 9 questions.
    Make sure you pass 3 tests before you can get to the interview stage. One of my friends failed from the very first test which was the personality test, another one failed after 2 logical and numerical tests. I would say the tests were much easier compared to JPMorgan or Bank of America or Deutsche Bank.
    Interview questions:
    When was the last time you had to adjust your working style to fit that of your leader/manager?
    Describe a time when you had to deal with conflict.

International Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Apply Online > Aptitude Test (Logic / Numerical Test - 5 days to complete) > Video interview (5 days to complete) > Talent Interview ( with Talent Acquisition Team) > Division Head Interview/ Business Interview

*Online application*
    Stage 1: Personality test to understand your strengths and areas of potential.
    Stage 2: Logical test and numerical test
    Stage 3: Video interview using HireVue app; strength based questions. 30 seconds to prepare answer and 1.5 minutes to answer questions.
    Stage 4: HR interview (still waiting)
    Stage 5: Business interview (still waiting)
    First 3 stages are rather efficient.

Interview Questions
    • When was the time that you had to overcome your greatest failure?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Numerical Questions, Logical Questions, and Aptitude Test. The response was instantaneous and then I was give about 3 days to complete a video interview which lasted about 30 minutes or so. Video interview is actually pretty awkward so prepare before taking the actual interview. Afterwards, I waited about 4 weeks to receive an email from the HR for face-to-face interview

Interview Questions
    • Personal experience questions about failures, successes and such   Answer Question

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in December 2014.

Very quick process, no assessment centres or time wastage. Very friendly people, I was thoroughly impressed. HR guy was really nice, so was the business manager. Interviews were casual and non technical

None

Online application
    Personality strength test
    Aptitude tests (math and logical reasoning)
    Video interview (not a skype interview, but let you record your answers. However it only allows you to record once, and you have 30 seconds to prepare)
    Interview in person

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in November 2014.

The HR contacted me about 5 weeks after my online video submissions. Prepare lots of stories to tell, both achievements and failures. The interview consists mainly of behavioral questions. Eg: What motivates you everyday? Tell me about a time when you failed? What keeps you awake at night? Tell me something new that you have learnt recently?

International Graduate Interview

from personality test to numerical test to logic test to video interview to hr interview to business interview. Standard questions, just be yourself and stay calm. Diffcult part is to clear through the initial stages of interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online – interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in October 2014.

Video Invitation- about 10 minutes, 8 questions. All are competency questions Like How you prepare for a complex valuation model? How you bring the best of yourself to clients when facing pressure? your achievement? one question about teamwork? how you commnuicate with senior management, How you commnuicate with others when you are new to the office.