Standard Chartered Bank

Getting the Interview

31 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in February 2011.

Interview Details – Online application (an integrated capability test and a personalilty test), Telephone interviews (testing English sufficiency), Group interview (group discussion in 10), and Assessment Center (two interviewers, one HR and one business head). The IG program does not sponsor working visa so you have to submit your application where you have working permits.

Interview Question – I was asked to analyze the annual report of the bank and talk about its future strategies in AC interview. Being unfamiliar with banking industry by the time of interview really caused me troubles, but I believe the interviewers were more interested in my logical thinking and basic business acuments.   Answer Question

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – Online test, phone, group interview on cases, 1 on 1 with senior management

Interview Question – Typical questions such as what was one of the most difficult situation you have been in and how did you manage it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – standard salary and package offered, no negotiations done

Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – CV Screening, Online Test, Phone Interview, Case Study, Focus Group Discussion, User Interview

Interview Question – All behavioral questions, do not worry.   Answer Question

International Graduate

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – Apply online then to online assessment on numerical and abstract, then fill out work strength questionnaire, phone interview with Indian accent, online case study, human resource interview followed by management interview. And then assessment center would be the last stage of the whole application process. It took about 5 months.

Interview Question – How would the development of the shale oil affect international politic situation?   Answer Question

Hanoi (Vietnam)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process is listed in details in their website. The first step is an online aptitude test. Don't lie in personality test, because they will know for sure in the next steps

The second round is an interview with HR. Very detailed. Know your resume well. No surprising questions, but they asked very tiny details of the experience, so be prepared! After 15 mins of introduction, there are only 3 main questions, but again, they ask every details, even some that I thought weren't relevant. I think they wanted to make sure I didn't make up the story. Some notes for this step: don't be nervous. I screwed one question because I already used my good example in the previous question, but I still got through the next round. I think the importance is to show them you have the ability to fit in, even when you have limited experience.

Had to wait for almost 3 weeks to get an invitation for the next round. The first step is an online case study. Nothing technical so don't spend hours to learn some stuff like I did :(. Second step is a Business Discussion about their annual reports, and last step is a presentation.

Interview Question – No surprising/technical question so far.   View Answer

Lahore (Pakistan)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in December 2013.

Interview Details – - Did the phone interview and was then invited to the next round which consists of 3 activities. The invitation to the final round took 2 months to come so fairly long process.
- first activity for the final round is an online case study which lasts 75 minutes and is pretty straight forward

* Currently waiting for the Business Discussion Board Exercise. I was told that the case study will be graded and they will get in touch to set up a good time to speak. No response as yet. (1 week)

Interview Question – - So far everything was pretty straight forward but for the Business Discussion exercise i was sent a Final Report for 2013 half year. Recommended to read the first 9 pages in order to prepare but document looked pretty touch.   View Answer

International Graduate

I applied online and interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – The recruitment process is accurately detailed on the company website

Interview Question – The business case is quite challenging   Answer Question

International Graduate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – Online case study done. Waiting for business discussion activity.

Interview Question – Competency based questions   Answer Question

International Graduate

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – After phone interview, waiting for further instruction which is assessment center. Whole process seem to be very long.

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – 1. did the numerical online test which was not hard at all. pay attention to the units and graphs should be fine.
2. phone interview said around 30mins. ended up being 1.5 hours long. the guy was nice. general question about why standard chartered, why banking, your own education and work experience. give some situation and ask you how you would deal with it. focus on teamwork, leadership, client relationship building, flexibility and innovative aproaches.

3. now on final round case study and business discussion - looking for some guidance as to how it would take place.

Interview Question – be familiar with your own CV inside out.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank

Worked for Standard Chartered Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Standard Chartered Bank International Graduate interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by Standard Chartered Bank employees and interview candidates.