Standard Chartered Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank

Interview Details – we interviewed within a small team, and were asked to design a metro card system.

Senior Talent Advisor Interview

Senior Talent Advisor
Newark, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone introduction to the Head of TA, America's - I cold called him for opportunities. 2 rounds of phone interviews with HRBP and Head of Operations. 4 in person meetings in NY/NJ

Interview Question – Do you know PeopleSoft - ATS - no, but, I am a fast learner and know two other systems.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very positive

Associate Interview

Associate
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – Was called in for an interview a day after applying on the company's website. It took 4 interviews in one day and 1 interview a few days later. No difficult questions - two of the interviewers seemed not experienced enough in either interview process or specific position i was applying to. Overall, it was pleasant and relaxed.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Offer was "take it or leave it".

FX Derivatives Trader Interview

FX Derivatives Trader

Interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank

Interview Details – Phone interviews with all the people in the team, it was about 5 people

Interview Question – What was your collaborating experience?   Answer Question

International Graduate Program - Financial Markets Interview

International Graduate Program - Financial Markets
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in January 2013.

Interview Details – I heard about the program through on campus recruiting, where SC came to make a presentation about the various divisions in their graduate program. I was directed to apply through the website.

The first step of the application was to complete the Global Abstract Aptitude Test within 3 days of receiving the invitation. The test was a standard logic assessment test. The second test I was invited for was the Numerical Analysis Aptitude Test, which was a standard math competency based test which some finance concepts. The final test was the Wave Focus Styles online questionnaire which was more of an assessment of your working style and personality.

I was called in for a phone interview within a week of finalizing my application. The phone interview lasted over an hour and was centered mostly around 3 of my prior experiences. The interviewer asked 3 "tell me about a time" questions, which she later asked me to elaborate on. The questions really probed into each of my answers in order to extract all the details for the interviewer. The interview was not technical at all. I heard back from them the next day.

Interview Question – None of the questions were too unexpected. However interviewer went into extreme depth with each question regarding a particular experience or situation.

Tell me about a time when you worked in a team and had to resolve differences in opinions. The experience I mentioned was over a year ago and I did not remember it quite as detailed as I would like. And so it was difficult to answer all the interviewer's followup questions precisely.
  View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Behavioural questions. A lot of team based questions. WHy banking?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your team and how you came up with a solution.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Finance Officer Interview

Finance Officer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in October 2009.

Interview Details – They needed someone to join immediately, and I interviewed with the CEO and CFO. No HR interview really. I was hired about a week later.

Interview Question – They asked behavioral type questions because my education and professional skills were extremely good.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not negotiate for salary.

Graduate Associate Interview

Graduate Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in March 2009.

Interview Details – online test consist of math and critical reasoning, personality test and 2 essay questions. if shortlisted, there will be 4 interviews starting with HR, senior person, user (line manager), Managing Director. HR interview relatively easy, questions on yourself and what you know about company. MD asked questions to get an idea if you are a good fit for the bank and your future plans.

Interview Question – what would you be if other than banking?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no room for negotiation

Compliance Interview

Compliance
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiting firm by telephone. I interviewed with the hiring manager in the compliance group who seemed to think my background and skills fit her needs. I returned a couple weeks later to meet with three other members of compliance. I was asked point blank by the group head what my current base and bonus was, which I thought was a bit disconcerting. Ultimately, their budget for the position was too low for my requirements, which was communicated to me via the recruiting firm.

Interview Question – What is your current base and bonus?   View Answer

, Country Finance, Korea Interview

, Country Finance, Korea

Interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank

Interview Details – I send a resume while I work on master degree in financial engineering. After 1 week later, they call me and had interview with 1 other candidate. The team I applied was IFRS transition team because they used K-GAAP. They said the team would work with other accounting consulting firm mainly.

Interview Question – They ask about concept of Value at Risk and some questions from IFRS.   Answer Question

Worked for Standard Chartered Bank? Contribute to the Community!