Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

International Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

Passed VI interview, and was invited to the on site interview. The HR is really nice and welcoming. The questions are most common open questions. At the end of interview, HR told me that the feedback of the interview might be send out very late due to the holiday period. I still have not heard from them yet since mid December.

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

I got interviewed by a total of 7 people from. 4 from trading and 2 from sales and 1 from middle office. i was introduced by an ex-colleague working for the trading team. I knew the head of the desk as well from a previous job.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Largely behavioral, 2-3 rounds followed by a short case. They also check your resume and asks questions on key projects done in the past. Overall not tough more conversational. Suggest however that you know your concepts well

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just the general questions - if you had to launch a new product which market would u select   1 Answer

International Graduate Transaction Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Resume Screening
    Online Personality Test
    Online Logical Reasoning Test
    Online Numerical Reasoning Test
    Video Interview
    In Office Interview with HR
    Final Round Interview with MDs

Waiting at least a week after every round. Whole process took a while.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us?
      Why do you want to work here?
      What is transaction banking?
      What does our brand promise mean to you?
      How is your experience relevant?

Nothing very technical

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

IG Interview

Interview

Got contact through email about the video interview after taking online aptitude test. It took only less than 7 days before I get contact from them for the video invitation. So after it is 7 days, you'd better to contact them for further inquiry.

Interview Questions

• Everything was about behavioral questions so nothing unexpected. But only 30 secs to prepare for 1:30 answer chance so better to be prepared before starting   Answer Question

Risk Management, Financial Market Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied through their website, the HRs are really nice and helpful with my interested division. You can also get their advise about the details of the position. There were 2 HRs helping me. You can even choose a different target. feel free to ask questions and require a specific job description.
    P.S. When applying, you have to pass an online test.

Interview Questions

• The financial market one is all about behavior questions. You need to prepare specific details about all the stuffs on you resume. Just check the behavior questions pool.
      The risk management one focused on the prerequisite skills like excel VBA. The case analysis is rather hard for me.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

we interviewed within a small team, and were asked to design a metro card system.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Was called in for an interview a day after applying on the company's website. It took 4 interviews in one day and 1 interview a few days later. No difficult questions - two of the interviewers seemed not experienced enough in either interview process or specific position i was applying to. Overall, it was pleasant and relaxed.

Negotiation

No negotiations. Offer was "take it or leave it".

Interview

Phone interviews with all the people in the team, it was about 5 people

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

Phone interview. Behavioural questions. A lot of team based questions. WHy banking?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your team and how you came up with a solution.   Answer Question