Standard Chartered Bank

Updated Feb 24, 2015

Senior Talent Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in March 2013.

Phone introduction to the Head of TA, America's - I cold called him for opportunities. 2 rounds of phone interviews with HRBP and Head of Operations. 4 in person meetings in NY/NJ

Interview Questions
    • Do you know PeopleSoft - ATS - no, but, I am a fast learner and know two other systems.   Answer Question
    Very positive

International Graduate Program - Financial Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in January 2013.

I heard about the program through on campus recruiting, where SC came to make a presentation about the various divisions in their graduate program. I was directed to apply through the website.

The first step of the application was to complete the Global Abstract Aptitude Test within 3 days of receiving the invitation. The test was a standard logic assessment test. The second test I was invited for was the Numerical Analysis Aptitude Test, which was a standard math competency based test which some finance concepts. The final test was the Wave Focus Styles online questionnaire which was more of an assessment of your working style and personality.

I was called in for a phone interview within a week of finalizing my application. The phone interview lasted over an hour and was centered mostly around 3 of my prior experiences. The interviewer asked 3 "tell me about a time" questions, which she later asked me to elaborate on. The questions really probed into each of my answers in order to extract all the details for the interviewer. The interview was not technical at all. I heard back from them the next day.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too unexpected. However interviewer went into extreme depth with each question regarding a particular experience or situation.

Tell me about a time when you worked in a team and had to resolve differences in opinions. The experience I mentioned was over a year ago and I did not remember it quite as detailed as I would like. And so it was difficult to answer all the interviewer's followup questions precisely.

View Answer

Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in August 2010.

Usually a quick process, possibly 2-4 interviews. Questions are both behavioral and technical. Moderate difficulty. Once you are accepted the process is pretty quick, HR contacts you right away, makes an offer and tries to close the deal.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you failed at a project, how did u tackle it?   Answer Question

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in February 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiting firm by telephone. I interviewed with the hiring manager in the compliance group who seemed to think my background and skills fit her needs. I returned a couple weeks later to meet with three other members of compliance. I was asked point blank by the group head what my current base and bonus was, which I thought was a bit disconcerting. Ultimately, their budget for the position was too low for my requirements, which was communicated to me via the recruiting firm.

Finance Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in October 2009.

They needed someone to join immediately, and I interviewed with the CEO and CFO. No HR interview really. I was hired about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • They asked behavioral type questions because my education and professional skills were extremely good.   Answer Question
    They did not negotiate for salary.

Graduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in March 2009.

online test consist of math and critical reasoning, personality test and 2 essay questions. if shortlisted, there will be 4 interviews starting with HR, senior person, user (line manager), Managing Director. HR interview relatively easy, questions on yourself and what you know about company. MD asked questions to get an idea if you are a good fit for the bank and your future plans.

Interview Questions
    • what would you be if other than banking?   View Answer
    no room for negotiation

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in February 2015.

I applied online, the personality test came immediately after submission, I passed it and proceeded to the logical and numerical tests, after these 2 tests, I received an online interview. It was an automated one of 9 questions.
    Make sure you pass 3 tests before you can get to the interview stage. One of my friends failed from the very first test which was the personality test, another one failed after 2 logical and numerical tests. I would say the tests were much easier compared to JPMorgan or Bank of America or Deutsche Bank.
    Interview questions:
    When was the last time you had to adjust your working style to fit that of your leader/manager?
    Describe a time when you had to deal with conflict.

International Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Apply Online > Aptitude Test (Logic / Numerical Test - 5 days to complete) > Video interview (5 days to complete) > Talent Interview ( with Talent Acquisition Team) > Division Head Interview/ Business Interview

International Graduate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

*Online application*
    Stage 1: Personality test to understand your strengths and areas of potential.
    Stage 2: Logical test and numerical test
    Stage 3: Video interview using HireVue app; strength based questions. 30 seconds to prepare answer and 1.5 minutes to answer questions.
    Stage 4: HR interview (still waiting)
    Stage 5: Business interview (still waiting)
    First 3 stages are rather efficient.

Interview Questions
    • When was the time that you had to overcome your greatest failure?   Answer Question

Financial Crime Risk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in January 2015.

Online application followed by skills based tests. These were then followed by psychometric tests (this was abstract reasoning and logical reasoning) and then a Video Interview followed by an HR Interview at the main offices.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to alter your tone or diction to speak to someone senior in position.   View Answer
    • Name a time when you had to display leadership capabilities.   View Answer
    • Name a time when you failed and how you overcame that.   Answer Question