Standard Chartered Bank

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

3.1

International Graduate Interview

from personality test to numerical test to logic test to video interview to hr interview to business interview. Standard questions, just be yourself and stay calm. Diffcult part is to clear through the initial stages of interview

Senior Project Manager Interview

3 rounds, 1 technical, 1 business skills, 1 HR,All questions were around CV. Hiring managers were very detailed. HR round was very easy and cliched. Interview is based on your strengths

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Gone in through headhunter. Met the hiring manager and 4 peers. It was quite quick and efficient and they are generally very friendly. Unfortunately, HR is slow and tend to botch things up. They screwed up my bonus numbers and had to take a long time to rectify.

Interview Questions
    • With your stellar background, you could get a job at any top tier bank. Why did you choose to join us?   Answer Question
    The package was more or less fixed. Not much room for negotiation

Associate Product Manager Interview

Some rounds as usual. Screening twice then interview twice. Turn out to be a very fast process since i was the relacement for sb who rotate to another post internal

Interview Questions
    • Your experience can help you at future post at what level   Answer Question
    Give 50% higher than your expectation

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online – interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in October 2014.

Video Invitation- about 10 minutes, 8 questions. All are competency questions Like How you prepare for a complex valuation model? How you bring the best of yourself to clients when facing pressure? your achievement? one question about teamwork? how you commnuicate with senior management, How you commnuicate with others when you are new to the office.

IGP Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in October 2014.

Video interview, Corporate & Institutional Clients and Corporate Finance group. The video interview experience was particularly bad - I have rarely not passed competency based interviews, but talking to a pixelated image of yourself with a countdown timer next to it is not something I expected. No human interaction given, gives a feeling of disrespect to candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Variations of usual competency questions - don't read from a script   Answer Question

International Graduate Program Transaction Banking Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

The international graduate hiring process is first to finish three online tests, and then phone interview which may last 45-60 mins. Another test came after phone interview. I only gotten this far because I was informed that the position I am applying was full and they asked if i wanted to transfer to the CBFT program.

Interview Questions
    • first few questions are general questions about yourself.
      1.talk about yourself/your study/your program
      2.why SCB
      3.why this role
      4.career plan
      etc.....
      The following questions are quite detailed and took about 25 mins or more to answer them
      1. talk about a time when you have conflict with someone in your team.
      etc...

Answer Question

Head - Marketing Interview

What are your strengths?
    What are your weaknesses?
    Why are you interested in working for us?
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
    How do you handle pressure?
    What is the name of our CEO?
    What are your career goals?
    What gets you up in the morning?
    What would your direct reports say about you?
    What were your bosses’ strengths/weaknesses?
    If I called your boss right now and asked him what is an area that you could improve on, what would he say?

Interview Questions
    • What you will do when company goes bankrupt ?   View Answer

New Business Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

self introduction
    1hr HR interview, why this company, why this post, brief english presentation
    1hr interview with two team managers, sell credit card based on the leaflet, mandarin questioning

the whole interview aims to find out if you are proactive or courageous enough to be a frontline staff

, Country Finance, Korea Interview

I send a resume while I work on master degree in financial engineering. After 1 week later, they call me and had interview with 1 other candidate. The team I applied was IFRS transition team because they used K-GAAP. They said the team would work with other accounting consulting firm mainly.

Interview Questions
    • They ask about concept of Value at Risk and some questions from IFRS.   Answer Question