Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Bangalore (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Got call from cosultant. Visited their site and had discussion about the role. Interview is mostly on CV. Questions on projects you worked. some questions on SAS, logistic modeling, Scorecard model development etc.

Interview Questions

• Questions are general and mostly on Banking products - cards, mortgages (all retail products) and SAS and a bit of Statistics   Answer Question

Legal Counsel - Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

An informal chat with the Senior Group Legal Counsel He described the requirements of the role and what they were looking for - they need to know if you have the right combination of experience/skills for that particular role. More focussed on what you have done before as opposed to the soft skills you can bring (eg communicator etc etc) Was told that the next steps would involve a meeting with the boss of the Senior Group Legal Counsel, meeting the people on the team, and taking a test

Retail Client Fast Track Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

Went through 3 stages already: 1) Online tests 2) Video Interview 3) Actual interview There were many questions that the HR asked. Some questions similar to the video interview. Mostly personal questions except maybe one technical question.

Interview Questions

• Do you keep yourself updated with current affairs? Give an example.   1 Answer

Retail Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

online apply(only RESUME) -Online apptitude test(3steps) -video interview -HR interview -business interview when i passed some steps by online(kind of aptitude test like ssat), they asked me participate video interview. and then they called me head quarter of Standard Chartered office.

Interview Questions

• what's your work style, do you like work with others?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

Apply online, get HR interview fast. Second round is a panel interview and group discussion. Very awesome interview. The interviewers have a checklist to clear. Apart from that, there are a lot other interesting questions. Panel interview plus separate sessions.

Chief Technology Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. First, I have passed a scenerio test, a report of my strength and weakeness will be provided. After few hours, I receivesd an app test with two parts, logic and mathematics. After few weeks, I recevied a video test which I done it at my home woth an computer. One month later, I received a HR interview and my application is still in progress.

Interview Questions

• Video test 15 mins for 12 questions. After 1 month, I received a HR interview.   Answer Question

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hà Nội (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Hà Nội (Vietnam)) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted the application in Sep 2014, and I was required to do the video interview in Dec 2014. Then they contacted me again in Feb for the HR interview. The interviewer was quite friendly and asked a lot about personal information and how you deal in certain situations. Then I was called for the final interview with the business managers. The final interview was quite challenging and they asked a lot about the technical knowledge: risks, hedging technique, your comment about the current market state, your point of views. I was still waiting for the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your point of view about the market at the moment?   3 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in March 2015.

Interview

2 rounds, first with HR manager then second with branch manager. Both lasted about 20-25 minutes. Explain job scope, career progression and qualities needed to undertake the position. Asked abt my previous job experience and what I understood about the industry as well as standard chartered

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in March 2015.

Interview

Did the personality test, numerical and logical test then the video interview. To be honest, I didn't expect to get into the interview as I didn't think I did very well for the video interview (it feels a lot more awkward talking to your webcam without a person in the opposite end than you think). However, was contacted by HR to do the interview in PWM. That was the final interview. I was asked various questions regarding personal experience, motivation, etc. None too technical. Was told by HR that my interview was exceptionally long. I was then contacted and told that it was between me and another person. However, a few days later, I was told that the interviewer chose the other person instead but that he gave the go ahead for me to interview in another department instead. I was put into commercial clients as it was the only other IG position still open. Went ahead with it. This interview was a lot faster. Was not asked anything too technical neither, just the normal interview questions about strength, etc. HR called me a week later and told me that the initial person they chose for PWM rejected the offer and because I was the other person they were short-listing, whether I still wanted the job. Told them yes. Then a few days later, I was also told that I was being short listed for commercial clients as well so now I can choose between the two. Went with PWM.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the challenges you faced that showed motivation   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online numerical and judgemental first, followed by video interview, fairly easy questions. Now waiting for telephone interview. Told that it would be strength based instead of competency based. HR people are really nice.