Standard Chartered Bank

Updated Dec 21, 2014

3.1

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in August 2014.

Interview by hiring manager first followed by interview by Human resource. Need lots of preparation of the job position and scope. Some straight forward questions but manager prefers candidate to ask questions on the position applied.

Interview Questions
    • Questions aren't that difficult but the interview will involves a lot of interactions with the managers   Answer Question

International Graduate Interview

1. Online registration

2. Online assessments and application
    Abstract reasoning test

This assessment measures your abstract reasoning abilities, which are important when solving problems and analysing information.

Numerical reasoning test

This assessment measures your numerical reasoning abilities in a business context, such as tables and charts typically found in reports and the financial press.

3. Telephone interview

4. Final assessments
    Role play exercise

You will be asked to participate in a role-play exercise that requires you to interact with a customer or colleague. This will give you the opportunity to display your customer service and communication skills.

Final interview

During the final interview, you will be asked a series of challenging questions about yourself, the Bank, and your reasons for joining the Fast Track Programme.

5. Final decision

Once the interview process is complete, we will inform you of our decision, typically within 72 hours.

Interview Questions
    • A time something unexpected happened and how you handled the situation.   View Answer

IG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

CV review, numerical and verbal test by online. it took around 1.5-2 hours,
    1st round phone interview (HR) around 40 mins,
    2nd interview (Team Manager) around 1hour,
     final panel interview at hong kong office, (not reached to this stage)

Interview Questions
    • numerical and verbal test was not that much difficult. online example will be helpful
      'About myself' questions were tough to me, they consider team building experience as the most important thing.

Answer Question

CSA Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

just a contract job by getting it via a H.R agency but use It as a chance to build the groundwork and network needed to make re-entry into banks easier, especially if keen on the finance and banking industry,

TAS Interview

short interview process, about 3 people max, they have very high turnover in talent acquisition. the hours are very long and workload very heavy. Frequent headcount issues stalling the interview process. Line manager hard to read. Location in Kwun Tong.

do not take the first offer, can negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Submitted online application, followed by online tests (Math and Logical Reasoning). After passing the tests, I received a phone interview as I wasn't in the country for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give a difficult situation in your previous internship/working experience and describe how you solved it.   Answer Question

Assistant Dealer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in June 2014.

Friend in the Sales division forwarded my resume to multiple seniors on desks. Got an in-person interview call the next day. Interviewed with two dealers. Standard Interview Questions. Followed by a super day the following day. Mostly judged whether I can handle pressure of the dealing room and where will I fit in the team.

Interview Questions
    • Resume specific question - Why is ITC diversifying its product portfolio from cigarettes to all of its current products?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Internationa Graduate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

I applied for International Graduate Program - Transaction Banking. There were numerical and logical tests to do right after the registration. After I passed the tests, they informed me and asked me to finish the rest of the application. Once the process was done, I was invited to do the personality test. After 3 days, I was called to schedule a phone interview.

Relationship Manager Interview

Online test, Panel of interviewers, Line Manager Interview, Team head Interview. These are the processes that are followed but may vary slightly depending on the level of experience being considered. As with all interviews, confidence and appearance ranks very high.

Interview Questions
    Negocistion is with the HR, there will be comparison with what you have earned in previous employment

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

It was quite thorough the whole interview process, in particular the business case requires at least some preliminary understanding of financial statement analysis. Apart from that, everything else sort of assesses your personality

No negotiation