Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
209 interviews

3.1

International Graduate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Apply online then to online assessment on numerical and abstract, then fill out work strength questionnaire, phone interview with Indian accent, online case study, human resource interview followed by management interview. And then assessment center would be the last stage of the whole application process. It took about 5 months.

Interview Questions
    • How would the development of the shale oil affect international politic situation?   Answer Question

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hanoi (Vietnam)
    Anonymous Employee in Hanoi (Vietnam)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in February 2014.

Interview process is listed in details in their website. The first step is an online aptitude test. Don't lie in personality test, because they will know for sure in the next steps

The second round is an interview with HR. Very detailed. Know your resume well. No surprising questions, but they asked very tiny details of the experience, so be prepared! After 15 mins of introduction, there are only 3 main questions, but again, they ask every details, even some that I thought weren't relevant. I think they wanted to make sure I didn't make up the story. Some notes for this step: don't be nervous. I screwed one question because I already used my good example in the previous question, but I still got through the next round. I think the importance is to show them you have the ability to fit in, even when you have limited experience.

Had to wait for almost 3 weeks to get an invitation for the next round. The first step is an online case study. Nothing technical so don't spend hours to learn some stuff like I did :(. Second step is a Business Discussion about their annual reports, and last step is a presentation.

Interview Questions
    • No surprising/technical question so far.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Resume screening and in-office interview. Interview was based on few technical and behavioral question. Be familiar with your resume. Prepare basic behavioral questions such as 'why did you choose your major?', 'why do you want to study in financial institution?', etc. Study a financial statement because they expect you to know basic knowledge about it.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a relationship between B/S and Cash Flow Statement.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in August 2012.

- Phone Interview
    Talent Acquisition will contact you and do an initial interview with you over the phone, understand a bit about you your resume and arrange for an interview.

- Manager Interview (Group setting with 2 Managers and Interviewee)
    Initial meet with two of your potential line managers, this will be the first face to face interview and where both managers will get to know you better and if it goes well HR will arrange to meet you again.

- District Head and HR Interview (Group Setting again 2 on 1)
    District head will interview personally to understand you and this round is a bit more challenging depending on the approach of interview that the interviewers come with but this will be the final meet and will also be the interview where your future district manager will have their say on you.

- Offer signing with HR Representative.
    Final meet to go through the contract, to discuss and deliberate commensuration, benefits, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were personality and skill set based and the interviewers often want to know your mettle and drive in conducting yourself, showing abilities in sales, wealth advisory and understanding if you are in line with the organisations drive to grow and with their work culture.

Reasons on why you want to leave your last position and why you like to join Standard Chartered often came up.

Questions answered often came with rebuttals and be prepared to answer accordingly.
        Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in October 2010.

This was an internal transfer so most of the hiring formalities were not required

This was an internal move

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lahore (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Employee in Lahore (Pakistan)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in December 2013.

- Did the phone interview and was then invited to the next round which consists of 3 activities. The invitation to the final round took 2 months to come so fairly long process.
    - first activity for the final round is an online case study which lasts 75 minutes and is pretty straight forward

* Currently waiting for the Business Discussion Board Exercise. I was told that the case study will be graded and they will get in touch to set up a good time to speak. No response as yet. (1 week)

Interview Questions
    • - So far everything was pretty straight forward but for the Business Discussion exercise i was sent a Final Report for 2013 half year. Recommended to read the first 9 pages in order to prepare but document looked pretty touch.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in November 2013.

The date of interview was provided from the personal consultant of standard chartered which was one to one discussion wherein they would like to know your skills, interest in details and whether you are fit for the job title or not, after analyzing the eligibility I was sent in a group discussion round to check the team spirit quality followed by another discussion round and one to one by the senior most HR.
    I like the various ways of the staff to analyze during interview and to be more precise what they were looking for in a candidate during screening
    Their were few candidates who had master degrees too but lack of confidence and skills who were eventually rejected, as the company was looking for practically upcoming business developer.

Interview Questions
    • There were few questions like how lucky you think you are and why should we hire you?   View Answer
    I am flexible.

Campus Ambassador Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in February 2014.

Written Application followed by an interview on campus

International Graduate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

The recruitment process is accurately detailed on the company website

Consumer Banking International Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

The process took more than 3 months. I applied online and received an online assessment invitation afterwards. It contains numerical and also logical reasoning, graph reading skill is important. After that I went to CV screening, and received invitation for work-related strength assessment -pretty much test about your personality and work preference. Next step is phone interview with HR, lasts for about an hour asking about behavioral questions. Passed into final stage process, first test is online business scenario -be prepared to provide good business judgement and problem solving skill. The last step is top management panel interview, there were 5 interviewer (4 business heads of consumer banking division and 1 head of HR).