Standard Chartered Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in October 2010.

Interview Details – This was an internal transfer so most of the hiring formalities were not required

Negotiation Details – This was an internal move

Lahore (Pakistan)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in December 2013.

Interview Details – - Did the phone interview and was then invited to the next round which consists of 3 activities. The invitation to the final round took 2 months to come so fairly long process.
- first activity for the final round is an online case study which lasts 75 minutes and is pretty straight forward

* Currently waiting for the Business Discussion Board Exercise. I was told that the case study will be graded and they will get in touch to set up a good time to speak. No response as yet. (1 week)

Interview Question – - So far everything was pretty straight forward but for the Business Discussion exercise i was sent a Final Report for 2013 half year. Recommended to read the first 9 pages in order to prepare but document looked pretty touch.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
New Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in November 2013.

Interview Details – The date of interview was provided from the personal consultant of standard chartered which was one to one discussion wherein they would like to know your skills, interest in details and whether you are fit for the job title or not, after analyzing the eligibility I was sent in a group discussion round to check the team spirit quality followed by another discussion round and one to one by the senior most HR.
I like the various ways of the staff to analyze during interview and to be more precise what they were looking for in a candidate during screening
Their were few candidates who had master degrees too but lack of confidence and skills who were eventually rejected, as the company was looking for practically upcoming business developer.

Interview Question – There were few questions like how lucky you think you are and why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I am flexible.

Campus Ambassador Interview

Campus Ambassador

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in February 2014.

Interview Details – Written Application followed by an interview on campus

Interview Question – You need to have a solid question to ask them   Answer Question

International Graduate

I applied online and interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – The recruitment process is accurately detailed on the company website

Interview Question – The business case is quite challenging   Answer Question

Consumer Banking International Programmer Interview

Consumer Banking International Programmer
Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – The process took more than 3 months. I applied online and received an online assessment invitation afterwards. It contains numerical and also logical reasoning, graph reading skill is important. After that I went to CV screening, and received invitation for work-related strength assessment -pretty much test about your personality and work preference. Next step is phone interview with HR, lasts for about an hour asking about behavioral questions. Passed into final stage process, first test is online business scenario -be prepared to provide good business judgement and problem solving skill. The last step is top management panel interview, there were 5 interviewer (4 business heads of consumer banking division and 1 head of HR).

Interview Question – How do you think about our Korea business?   Answer Question

NYSC Commodity Trade & Agri Business Interview

NYSC Commodity Trade & Agri Business
Lagos (Nigeria)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interview with 2 senior relationship managers and a line manager.

Interview Questions

• Interview Questions from the Line Manager

What do you know about SCB? (Anuj)
    What are the risks faced by banks?
    What would you do if a customer keeps shouting at you?
    Tell me about the European Financial Crises?
    Should SCB open a bank in Akure?
    What are the risks faced by banks?
  • Interview Question by Director

Do you know where Akure is?
  • Interview Question by Senior Relationship Manager

If it’s a ¼ past three where is the long hand?
    If I gave you tennis balls, how would you fill the whole plane?
    Who is the minister of Finance?
    What is expected from an NYSC Corper when they resume work in the first six months?
    Where do you know in Lagos?
    Any questions for us?
      Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at my level.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in December 2013.

Interview Details – First round interview

Interview Question – All fit questions, asked you things on your resume, and asked why you applied for this position in particular, and why you wanted to apply to SCB   Answer Question

International Graduate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview Details – Online case study done. Waiting for business discussion activity.

Interview Question – Competency based questions   Answer Question

Consumer Banking Fast Track Programmer Interview

Consumer Banking Fast Track Programmer
Nairobi (Kenya)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and took the 3 online tests. The initial practice questions are really helpful. I passed all and was asked to book for the telephone interview. The questions were basically focused on your work experience... tell me about a time... After that I got another telephone interview asking about why SCB, what i know about Standard Chartered and a bit or role play. I was then invited to the Assessment Centre.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank