Standard Chartered Bank

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

International Graduate Transaction Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in January 2015.

Resume Screening
    Online Personality Test
    Online Logical Reasoning Test
    Online Numerical Reasoning Test
    Video Interview
    In Office Interview with HR
    Final Round Interview with MDs

Waiting at least a week after every round. Whole process took a while.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about us?
      Why do you want to work here?
      What is transaction banking?
      What does our brand promise mean to you?
      How is your experience relevant?

Nothing very technical

Answer Question
    No negotiation

Risk Management, Financial Market Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in April 2014.

Applied through their website, the HRs are really nice and helpful with my interested division. You can also get their advise about the details of the position. There were 2 HRs helping me. You can even choose a different target. feel free to ask questions and require a specific job description.
    P.S. When applying, you have to pass an online test.

Interview Questions
    • The financial market one is all about behavior questions. You need to prepare specific details about all the stuffs on you resume. Just check the behavior questions pool.
      The risk management one focused on the prerequisite skills like excel VBA. The case analysis is rather hard for me.

Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Was called in for an interview a day after applying on the company's website. It took 4 interviews in one day and 1 interview a few days later. No difficult questions - two of the interviewers seemed not experienced enough in either interview process or specific position i was applying to. Overall, it was pleasant and relaxed.

No negotiations. Offer was "take it or leave it".

Senior Talent Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in March 2013.

Phone introduction to the Head of TA, America's - I cold called him for opportunities. 2 rounds of phone interviews with HRBP and Head of Operations. 4 in person meetings in NY/NJ

Interview Questions
    • Do you know PeopleSoft - ATS - no, but, I am a fast learner and know two other systems.   Answer Question
    Very positive

International Graduate Program - Financial Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in January 2013.

I heard about the program through on campus recruiting, where SC came to make a presentation about the various divisions in their graduate program. I was directed to apply through the website.

The first step of the application was to complete the Global Abstract Aptitude Test within 3 days of receiving the invitation. The test was a standard logic assessment test. The second test I was invited for was the Numerical Analysis Aptitude Test, which was a standard math competency based test which some finance concepts. The final test was the Wave Focus Styles online questionnaire which was more of an assessment of your working style and personality.

I was called in for a phone interview within a week of finalizing my application. The phone interview lasted over an hour and was centered mostly around 3 of my prior experiences. The interviewer asked 3 "tell me about a time" questions, which she later asked me to elaborate on. The questions really probed into each of my answers in order to extract all the details for the interviewer. The interview was not technical at all. I heard back from them the next day.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too unexpected. However interviewer went into extreme depth with each question regarding a particular experience or situation.

Tell me about a time when you worked in a team and had to resolve differences in opinions. The experience I mentioned was over a year ago and I did not remember it quite as detailed as I would like. And so it was difficult to answer all the interviewer's followup questions precisely.

View Answer

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in February 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiting firm by telephone. I interviewed with the hiring manager in the compliance group who seemed to think my background and skills fit her needs. I returned a couple weeks later to meet with three other members of compliance. I was asked point blank by the group head what my current base and bonus was, which I thought was a bit disconcerting. Ultimately, their budget for the position was too low for my requirements, which was communicated to me via the recruiting firm.

Graduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in March 2009.

online test consist of math and critical reasoning, personality test and 2 essay questions. if shortlisted, there will be 4 interviews starting with HR, senior person, user (line manager), Managing Director. HR interview relatively easy, questions on yourself and what you know about company. MD asked questions to get an idea if you are a good fit for the bank and your future plans.

Interview Questions
    • what would you be if other than banking?   View Answer
    no room for negotiation